Soft and moist, these chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect fall treat! With only 4 ingredients, these pumpkin spice cookies will quickly become your favorite and as soon as they disappear, you’ll be making more!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
My sis-in-law Alice always has the best treats! She makes an amazing lemon puff dessert (I need to share that recipe with you!) and tons of other good eats.
One time after visiting Oregon, she came home with a box of Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies. She told me to try one. I didn’t want to be rude, right? So I did! The moment I bit into that soft, chewy cookie chilled with big chunks of chocolate, I swooned!
“Good, right?” she says – “uh huh,” I mumbled with a mouth full of cookie!
There was only one problem….we could only get them in Oregon…in the fall!
Ok, well that obviously had to change!
Hence the development of this perfectly delicious, super easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe! Similar to my recipe for 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies, and 3 Ingredient Oatmeal Cookies this recipe is quick and easy!
It takes longer to preheat the oven than it does to mix the dough – gotta love that, right?
These are the BEST Pumpkin Cookies!
Pumpkin Spice Cookies
Grocery List for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- spice cake mix
- canned pumpkin puree
- chocolate chips
Oh my gosh, these bake up perfectly every time! They are puffy and moist, soft and chewy and the aroma of these pumpkin spice cookies will fill your whole house while they are baking!
Can you bake cookies Pumpkin Spice Cookies with a cake mix?
Yes, and it’s the BEST shortcut! I have baked 4 batches of these tasty cookies and I decided it’s high time I share the recipe with you! This makes a big batch of cookies – about 40, so it’s plenty to fill your cookie jar!
Can I use pumpkin pie filling instead of pumpkin puree?
No, make sure you purchase pumpkin puree. Pumpkin pie filling has lots of other spices and is runnier. Your cookies will not turn out!
Can I buy pumpkin puree?
Often times referred to as solid packed pumpkin or pumpkin puree, you’ll find it in the baking aisle. Just be sure to check the label. It should read “100% pure pumpkin.” If you would like to make your own Pumpkin Puree, check out this website for step-by-step directions.
BEST Pumpkin Cookies
Tips to make Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- No need to use a mixer, these cookies mix easily by hand.
- A small ice cream scoop portions the cookies. Uniform size will ensure they bake evenly.
- The dough will want to stick to the scoop. Keep a glass of water close by to dip the scoop in occasionally.
- Use a silicone baking sheet to keep the cookies from sticking.
- You can crowd the cookies on the baking sheet as they do not spread out, but puff up.
- Allow the cookies to sit on the cookie sheet for about five minutes before removing them. They will release more easily.
Want to make Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Simply omit the egg and be sure to purchase a vegan spice cake mix!
Steps to make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Preheat the oven.
- Prepare the baking sheet by spraying with non-stick cooking oil or use a silicone baking sheet.
- Pour the cake mix into a large bowl.
- Add the pumpkin and egg, mix together completely.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by scoops onto the sheet.
- Bake in the oven 12-13 minutes.
More sweet treats from the blog!
- Grandma Cochrane’s Homemade Pecan Sandies
- Chocolate Covered Cashews Recipe
- Frosted Butterscotch Cookie Recipe
- Persimmon Cookie Recipe
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Moist and chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect fall treat! With only 4 ingredients they are quick and easy to make to make and so delicious! These are the BEST Pumpkin cookies and will quickly become your favorite!!
- 15.25 oz. Spice Cake Mix
- 15 oz. canned pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 9 oz. bag dark chocolate chips **
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. *Spray your baking sheet with non-stick spray or use a silicone pad.
Add the cake spice mix to a large bowl. Add the pumpkin puree and egg.
Stir together until everything is combined. No need to use a mixer, just stir it together well until everything is combined.
Add the chocolate chips and combine.
Drop by spoonful onto a baking sheet.
Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
*I like using silicone pad versus spraying the baking sheet because I like that soft chewy cookie.
**You can use semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips - use your favorite!