4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies are sweet and delicious. Flourless peanut butter cookies that only take one bowl to make and are quick and easy! The cookie lovers in your home will be snapping up these tasty treats!
Hey guys – you know what today is, don’t you? Today is the Freaky Friday Blog hop! YAY!!! That’s when a bunch of us bloggers get together and share our favorite recipes from our friends’ blogs. It’s actually one of my favorite events!
Of course I’m going to start with sharing some of the AMAZING recipes I’ve shared in the past like Authentic Posole, Grilled Shrimp Nicoise Salad and Spicy Thai Noodle Soup to name a few, but I’d also like to tell you a story about these cookies.
Just like anything else, there’s a deadline. Michaela from An Affair from the Heart organizes the event and I’m pretty sure when there are 10-15 bloggers participating… it’s kinda like herding cats. Never an easy thing to do, right?!
Anyway, I was working away on this blog for 4 ingredient peanut butter cookies (which is fabulous and so easy!); frantically putting it together, all while visiting my folks in Oregon.
I was putting the finishing touches on the blog and I frantically message Michaela with the name of this recipe. I said “when I land in Fresno, I’ll finish up the post and it will be ready to go live. I’m kinda panicking here, can you tell?” I shut off my phone and boarded the plane.
When I got on the ground the first thing I did was check messages. Michaela writes…. “you do know this isn’t due until NEXT Friday, right?” Ahhh!!! No! I did not! Good news…. I was a week ahead! There’s always a silver lining, right?
This time, my Freaky Friday assignment was the Platter Talk blog! I was very excited about this blog because (besides food!) we share a mutual love of the Green Bay Packers. Wasn’t I just telling you how much I love football?!!
In their home, food is King and there are a whole lot of mouths to feed! They serve up delicious comfort food and it was no easy task trying to choose which recipe to share! Would it be the Sausage and Chicken Gumbo, which is hands-down delicious? The Southern Giblet Gravy – a recipe everyone needs as we are heading into the holiday season! Or the most amazing bread recipe? Decisions… decisions!
In the end I settled on a sweet treat for you – 4 ingredient peanut butter cookies! You guys will love these!
Crispy, rich, peanut buttery cookies with only FOUR ingredients! You can even skip the vanilla and make them with just three! Crazy right? Crazy good is what they are!!
Ingredients for 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- peanut butter
Steps to make easy 4 ingredient peanut butter cookies
- measure the peanut butter and add it to a medium sized bowl
- crack the egg and add it to the bowl
- add the sugar and vanilla
- stir and cream everything together
- using a small ice cream scoop (or two spoons), add them to a lined baking sheet
- bake for 10 minutes, allow to cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack
What makes cookies soft and chewy?
High moisture content makes cookies soft and chewy. These cookies bake up quite crispy, so if you are a soft, chewy kinda Cookie Monster, just tuck a cookie or two into the microwave. Reheating the cookies will make them soft!
How long should cookies cool on a rack?
I allow them to cool completely then transfer to a cookie jar or ziplock bag. Bonus? These cookies freeze beautifully!
How do you cool cookies without a wire rack?
Actually I never owned a wire rack until about 6 months ago when a brand gave me one. Seriously! I used a paper bag, which as a bonus will absorb any excess oil.
Lastly I want to tell you I’ve made these several times now. This is an excellent recipe! With real sugar, using a sugar substitute (Swerve) and even adding a handful of chocolate chips! I used a one for one substitute when I used Swerve. They baked up a darker brown and were more crisp using the sub, but were just as good.
These cookies are tasty and delicious! Honestly, I’d never make peanut butter cookies another way! Whip up a batch and let me know what you think of this yummy recipe by commenting below, I’d love to hear what you think!!
More quick and easy cookie recipes!
Be sure and stop by to visit my colleagues’ recipes too – on this blog hop we make the best of the best recipes and I know you’ll find plenty of great new recipes to try!
Take a Look at all of our Fall Freaky Friday Recipes:
- An Affair from the Heart – Pumpkin Spice Swirls – Leftover Pie Crust Cookies
- Healing Tomato – Greek Dipping Oil
- LeMoine Family Kitchen – Easy Vegetable Orzo Soup
- Lemon Blossoms – Coconut Curry Soup with Shrimp
- Lisa’s Dinnertime Dish – Lemon Rosemary Chicken and Veggie Sheet Pan Dinner
- Mildly Meandering – Caprese Tortellini Skewers
- Plattertalk – Crock Pot Honey Garlic Chicken
- Seduction in the Kitchen – Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Skillet
- Take Two Tapas – Tequila Infused Grapes
- West Via Midwest – Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
- Who Needs a Cape? – Cheesy Chicken, Artichoke & Rice Casserole
Got a sweet tooth? More sweet treats from the blog!
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Persimmon Cookie Recipe
- Grandma Bertha’s Butter Cookies
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter creamy or crunchy, use your favorite
- 1 cup swerve or sugar substitute I used
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla or almond extract optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line your baking pan with parchment paper or silpat lined baking sheet
- In a large mixing bowl, add the ingredients. Stir together until smooth
- Using a small scoop, portion the cookies or if using a spoon roll into 1" balls
- Place on the cookie sheet and press down lightly using a fork for a criss cross pattern.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes at 350 degrees. Allow to cool 10 minutes on parchment paper before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
Sign up for my recipes here!!Don't worry, we'll never share your email.