Crazy-easy, chewy and delicious, these 3 Ingredient Oatmeal Cookies are so simple to make and are just the BEST cookies! These moist, tender, chewy oatmeal cookies are the perfect small batch sweet treat!
3 Ingredient Oatmeal Cookies
These cookies made their debut last week on TV! If you live here in the Valley I was on our local NBC affiliate station KSEE24 News last Friday!
I’ve had the privilege of hosting KSEE24 before here at the house, but I’ve never been to the station, so this was exciting stuff! I got up bright and early (3 am!) to get ready, pack everything up and head to the station!
We had four segments on air. We baked Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies, 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies and these tasty 3 Ingredient Oatmeal Cookies! We wrapped everything up in the end by packaging them into cute little boxes (pictured above) for a cookie exchange!
If you’re doing any holiday baking, this is definitely the place to start!
It’s been so fun sharing tried and true family cookie recipes on the blog – Grandma Cochrane’s Pecan Sandies, Grandma Bertha’s Butter Cookies and these super delicious Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies. I’m so proud to have all of those old recipes. They are all handwritten and passed down with love!
I’m also excited that I’ve been developing some of my own. I’ve had some hits and some misses, but Dan is a trooper and volunteers to taste test all of my experiments. Everyone makes sacrifices, right? 😜
Today I’m super excited to share my latest recipe – 3 Ingredient Oatmeal Cookies!
Yup, three ingredients – that’s it!
Grocery List for Chewy Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
- Maple Pecan Instant Oatmeal (packets)
- Ripe Banana
Are you shaking your head at the Instant Oatmeal? Don’t be! Those little packets have a ton of flavor!
Bananas add a nice sweetness and pecans add richness and crunch.
These are the perfect cookies. So easy it will take longer to preheat the oven than mix the cookie dough! 3 Ingredient Oatmeal Cookies – How crazy is that? And these cookies are GOOD! Like seriously good. Like “Deb the anti-sweet girl ate three” cookies (embarrassing yes!) but true, good!!!
Granted they were small cookies, but still … three disappeared before I even photographed them the first time.
That’s okay, it gave me a good reason to make another batch! I mean I had to photograph them, right?
What makes these cookies is a good over-ripe banana.
How can I quickly ripen bananas? Here are 3 options!
- place the bananas in a paper bag and leave them on the counter
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake the bananas (peel-on) for 15 to 20 minutes until the skins are completely black.
- remove the skin, place the bananas in a bowl and microwave at 15-second intervals until soft. Depending on your microwave it will take 2-3 times until it can be easily mashed.
What if I can’t use up all of the ripe bananas?
Place the overripe bananas in a Ziploc freezer bag and pop it in the freezer. Skin on/skin off – either way, works. Personally, I think leaving the skin on preserves the banana better.
Another recipe that is a great use of ripe bananas is Grandma Few’s Banana Bread Recipe – this is sooo good! (Another family favorite recipe!)
Chewy Oatmeal Cookies
How to make 3 Ingredient Oatmeal Cookies
- preheat the oven, spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray
- mash the banana
- chop the pecans
- mix 2 packets of instant oatmeal in with the banana
- stir in the pecans
- drop by spoonfuls onto baking sheet
- bake for 12 minutes
More quick and easy cookie recipes!
- 4 Ingredient Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 Ingredient Shortbread
- 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Fig and Cranberry No Bake Energy Bites
When it comes to cookie exchanges and holidays desserts, homemade is best but it doesn’t have to be complicated! These quick and easy chewy oatmeal cookies are delicious and won’t take all day to make!
3 Ingredient Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
3 Ingredient Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 large over-ripe banana
- 2 packets maple pecan instant oatmeal
- 1/4 cup pecans chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray set aside.
- Using a fork, mash the banana, chop the pecans.
- Mix 2 packets of instant oatmeal in with the banana, stir in the pecans.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a baking sheet - I use a small ice cream scoop so the cookies are uniform in size and bake evenly.
- Bake for 12 minutes, allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the baking sheet onto a cooling rack.