Grandma's old-fashioned super moist Banana Nut Bread Recipe! This loaf is packed full of nuts and sweet ripe bananas. It has a slightly crunchy crust and the inside is dense and tender. Completely delicious and super easy, this is a classic banana bread recipe that you will absolutely love!
Banana Nut Bread from Scratch
Last week I was cleaning off my desk which I try to do often (but never often enough).
On a side note, did you ever watch Columbo? He was the bumbling detective that was always mistaken for being a hot mess. His clothes were rumpled and he seemed forgetful but he was sly as a fox and always got his man.
Why am I comparing my desk to Columbo?
Well, it kind of looks that way about half the time.
Last week when I came across some recipes from Dan's Grandma Few. One of them was for her super moist banana nut bread recipe!
Sharing Family Recipes
I enjoy sharing these family recipes. They've been around for years and are tried and true.
This one is perfect, easy and amazing, but if you want to take it over the top? Serve with a slather of Pumpkin Butter. Seriously ridiculous!
Not that I would do that.... ahem.... and neglect to snap a photo... I'm just sayin' you might want to! 😉
Is this the best banana bread recipe in the world?
Well, I'd tell you this is certainly the BEST I've ever eaten! The aroma that fills this house as the bread is baking is heavenly!! The cinnamon and brown sugar, combined with the bananas.... sweet deliciousness!
Bananas are a necessity for this recipe here's what you need to know!
How ripe should bananas be to make banana bread?
The more the bananas ripen, the sweeter the flavor. The best bananas for baking will be black! So rather than throw them away, take time to make a loaf of banana bread.
How do you ripen green bananas?
- Place them in a paper bag and loosely close. It will take 24-48 hours to ripen the bananas.
- Setting the bananas in a warm place like the windowsill will hasten the ripening process.
- I've even heard of putting them in the oven for several minutes or the microwave for a few seconds though I've never tried either of these methods.
How do you store over-ripe bananas?
No time to bake?
- Peel and freeze the bananas.
- Wrap each banana tightly with plastic wrap.
- Place the wrapped bananas in a ziplock bag and then into the freezer.
Well wrapped, they will keep frozen for several months.
BEST Homemade Banana Nut Bread
Ingredients for Banana Bread Recipe
- sugar - for sweetening
- butter - will keep the bread moist
- eggs - to bind the ingredients and add richness
- vanilla - use pure vanilla extract for real vanilla flavor
- bananas - use soft, large, over-ripe bananas
- baking soda and baking powder- helps the dough to rise
all purposeflour - works best here because of the dense structure of the loaf.
- pecans - optional, but I love the crunch and texture in this moist banana nut bread recipe
Steps to Make this Recipe
- Preheat the oven
- Grease the loaf pan and line with parchment paper
- Sift together the dry ingredients, set aside
- Cream together the wet ingredients, add the eggs one at a time
- Add the vanilla and bananas – mix well
- Next, spoon in the dry ingredients
- Pour into the buttered, lined loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60-70 minutes
More Delicious Bread and Cookies Recipes!
Love this recipe? Here are more of my favorite baked treats!
More delicious sweet bread recipes!
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread Recipe - so moist, tender and sweet!
- Grandma's Zucchini Bread Recipe - perfectly spiced, moist bread
- Cherry Quick Bread Recipe - juicy cherries loaded into a tender quick bread.
This post contains affiliate links; we are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too!
Is there a family recipe you adore? Please share it with me! If you love this recipe as much as I do, be sure to comment below with a five star rating!
Moist Banana Nut Bread Recipe
Moist Banana Nut Bread Recipe
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 bananas large bananas, smashed
- dry ingredients
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups flour
- ½ cup pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Grease a 9" loaf pan with butter or non stick spray, line with parchment paper and give it a quick spray also.*
- Sift together the dry ingredients, set aside.
- Cream together the sugar and butter.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly before adding the next egg.
- Add the vanilla and bananas - mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients in three parts being sure it's mixed together well.
- Pour into the buttered, lined loaf pan. Bake in preheated oven for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.