Today I’m sharing a super moist Banana Nut Bread Recipe. This loaf is packed full of nuts and sweet ripe bananas. It has a slightly crunchy crust (my favorite part!) and the inside is dense and tender. Completely delicious and super easy, this is a classic recipe banana bread recipe that you will absolutely love.
Last week I was cleaning off my desk which I try to do often (but never often enough). Did anyone ever watch Columbo? He was the bumbling detective that was always mistaken for being a hot mess. His clothes were rumpled and he seemed forgetful but he was sly as a fox and always got his man.
Why am I comparing my desk to Columbo? Well, it kind of looks that way about half the time. Ok maybe more than half …. but like Columbo I can always find what I’m looking for! 😀 Last week when I was cleaning I came across some recipes from Dan’s Grandma Few. One of them was for her super moist banana nut bread recipe!
I enjoy sharing these family recipes. They’ve been been around for years and are tried and true. This one is perfect, easy and amazing, but if you want to take it over the top? Serve with a dollop of ice-cream topped with some caramel sauce. Seriously ridiculous.
Not that I would do that…. ahem…. and neglect to snap a photo… I’m just sayin’ you might want to! 😉
Is this the best banana bread recipe in the world?
- Is this the best banana bread recipe in the world?
- How do you ripen green bananas?
- How ripe should bananas be to make banana bread?
- Welcome to the Spring KitchenAid Mixer Giveaway!
- One lucky winner will receive a KitchenAid Artisan Series 5-Qt. Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield!
- Moist Banana Nut Bread Recipe
- Moist Banana Nut Bread Recipe
- Enter the Spring KitchenAid Mixer Giveaway
Well, I’d tell you this is certainly the BEST I’ve ever eaten! The aroma that fills this house as the bread is baking is heavenly!! The cinnamon and brown sugar, combined with the bananas…. sweet deliciousness!
How do you ripen green bananas?
- Place them in a paper bag and loosely close. It will take 24-48 hours to ripen the bananas.
- Setting the bananas in a warm place like the windowsill will hasten the ripening process.
- I’ve even heard of putting them in the oven for several minutes or the microwave for a few seconds though I’ve never tried either of these methods.
How ripe should bananas be to make banana bread?
The more the bananas ripen, the sweeter the flavor. The best bananas will be black! So rather than throw them away, take time to make a loaf of banana bread. No time to bake? Peel and freeze the bananas. Wrap each banana tightly with plastic wrap. Place the wrapped bananas in a ziplock bag and then into the freezer. Well wrapped, they will keep frozen for several months.
Along with this wonderful recipe, I’m co-hosting another giveaway! Have you always wanted your own KitchenAid Mixer? Now’s your chance!
Welcome to the Spring KitchenAid Mixer Giveaway!
This post contains affiliate links; we are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too!
One lucky winner will receive a KitchenAid Artisan Series 5-Qt. Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield!
Features of the KitchenAid Artisan Series Stand Mixer”
- Choose from all the color options to find the one that best matches your style and personality. Important safeguard: Remove Flat Beater, Wire Whip or Dough Hook from Stand Mixer before washing.
- The power hub turns your stand mixer into a culinary center with more than 15 optional attachments available.
- 5-Qt. stainless steel bowl with comfortable handle offers enough capacity to mix dough for 9 dozen cookies or 4 loaves of bread in a single batch.
- 59-Point Planetary Mixing Action means 59 touchpoints per rotation around the bowl for thorough ingredient incorporation.
- The tilt-head design allows clear access to the bowl and attached beater or accessory so you can easily add ingredients for a recipe. Hub cover is non-hinged
- Powerful enough for nearly any task or recipe, whether you’re stirring wet and dry ingredients together, kneading bread dough or whipping cream.
- Includes coated flat beater, coated dough hook, 6-wire whip and 1-piece pouring shield. The flat beater and dough hook are dishwasher-safe.
- 325-watt mixer with 10 speeds; 5-quart stainless steel bowl.
- Tilt-back head for easy access to mixture.
- 1-Piece pouring shield with large chute for adding ingredients.
- Includes flat beater, dough hook, and wire whip.
Wouldn’t you agree this mixer would be fabulous to have in your kitchen? I’ve had a KitchenAid Mixer for about 20 years (though I’d seriously love to have that green one!) and it’s still going strong. It’s a great piece of equipment and helps make baking a breeze.
The raffle is free to enter and I’d love to see one of my AMAZING readers win! Good luck!
Is there a family recipe you adore? Please share it with me! If you love this recipe as much as I do, be sure to comment below with a five star rating!
Moist Banana Nut Bread Recipe
Moist Banana Nut Bread Recipe
This loaf of Banana Bread is packed full of nuts and sweet ripe bananas. It has a slightly crunchy crust and the inside is dense and tender. Completely delicious and super easy, this is a classic recipe banana bread recipe that you will love!
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 bananas large bananas, smashed
- dry ingredients
- 1/2 tsp soda
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
Preheat oven to 325 degrees
Grease a 9" loaf pan, line with parchment paper*
Sift together the dry ingredients, set aside.
Cream together the sugar and butter.
Add eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly before adding the next egg.
Add the vanilla and bananas - mix well.
Add the dry ingredients in three parts being sure it's mixed together well.
Pour into the buttered, lined loaf pan. Bake in preheated oven for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
*lining the pan with parchment paper will help the loaf easily slide out of the pan after baking.
This amazing giveaway is brought to you by the following bloggers:
- As for Me and My Homestead
- Bowl Me Over
- Coffee With Us 3
- Cooking with Carlee
- Ever After in the Woods
- From the Family
- Juggling Act Mama
- My Life as Robin’s Wife
- A Grande Life
- Walking on Sunshine
Must Have KitchenAid Stand Mixer Accessories
- 5-Qt. Tilt-Head Glass Bowl
- 5qt Tilt-Head Mixer Bowl with Handle
- Flex Edge Beater
- Fitted Stand Mixer Cover
Enter the Spring KitchenAid Mixer Giveaway
Official Rules and Conditions for the Spring KitchenAid Mixer Giveaway: One winner will be receive a KitchenAid Artisan Series 5-Qt. Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield (Value $260.00 USD). Open to US/CAN residents adults 18+. One (1) winner will be chosen. Prize must be claimed within 48 hours of announcement or a new winner will be drawn. Prize will be delivered via Amazon. All entries will be verified. This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Rafflecopter, Amazon, KitchenAid or any other entity unless otherwise specified. Giveaway ends 4/30/2018. Bloggers are not responsible for the delivery of the prize. Enter using the widget below: