Easy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Recipe! Handed down over generations, this recipe has been in our family for years! These cookies are soft and chewy in the middle, crispy on the edges, these cookies are loaded with oats and creamy peanut butter. They will satisfy all the cookie lovers!
PIN IT HERE!!!
Table of contents
- Shopping list for Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
- Easy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
I absolutely adored my Grandma! Making the trek to Grandpa and Grandma’s house each summer, working on projects with Grandma and helping her in the kitchen. I loved listening to her stories and I still miss her!
My Aunt shared with me a bunch of recipes that Grandma had handwritten for a family cookbook. All of the recipes have been transferred to the Cochrane Family Cookbook, but you know what? I still go back and refer to Grandma’s notes.
I love looking thru
It’s just the BEST! ❤️ So today I thought I’d share one of Grandma’s recipes!
Tried and true family recipes are the best don’t you agree?!!! Like the recipes I’ve shared for Grandma Bertha’s Butter Cookies, Homemade Pecan Sandies or Frosted Butterscotch Cookies – all are delicious family recipes that have been handed down with love!
These easy peanut butter oatmeal cookies are crispy around the edges, sweet, chewy in the center! If there is a peanut butter lover in your home, I promise you, they will love these cookies!
You know Dan is my official taste tester and has the most discerning pallet, right? When I pulled these out of the oven Dan mysteriously appeared, grabbed a handful of cookies and went back into his office.
Yep, they definitely passed the Dan taste test! 😄
Shopping list for Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
- old fashioned oats
- brown sugar
- peanut butter
- parchment paper
These cookies are really easy to make!
Directions to make Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
- cream together the sugar and softened butter
- add the peanut butter, eggs and vanilla – mix again
- sprinkle with salt, baking soda and oats thoroughly combine
- scoop out cookie dough, shape into a ball and roll in sugar
- bake until crispy on the edges, but still soft and chewy in the center
This recipe calls for softened butter, but what if you forget to take the butter out of the fridge?
Ways to soften butter
- Leaving the butter on the counter for about 30 minutes will soften it.
- Cutting the butter into small chunks will help it to soften more quickly
- Setting the butter over a warm water bath will also soften it.
I prefer to leave it on the counter. By the time I gather the ingredients and preheat the oven, the butter is just about ready to use. I’ve tried microwaving butter for those times I forget and have found it melts it too much and then you’re starting over.
Is the sugar bath optional?
Before baking I roll the cookies in sugar and then lightly press them down with a fork in a criss-cross pattern. Is the sugar bath optional?
Yes, I suppose so, but it makes for such a delicious crispy cookie!
These cookies come out perfectly every time and this recipe makes a ton! About 60 cookies, so it will definitely fill up your cookie jar!
I would love it if you took a moment to comment and leave a five star rating below. Also, tell me, what is your favorite cookie? If you make this cookie be sure to tag me on Instagram @bowl_me_over or with #bowlmeover – share your pictures, I’d love to see them!
If you’re looking for more great recipes for homemade cookies check out these recipes!
- 3 Ingredient Oatmeal Cookies
- Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies
- Persimmon Cookies
- 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy.
My choice for a baking sheet, here’s what I use!
Easy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar plus 1/4 cup to roll dough in (optional
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 5 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup peanut butter you can use creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Using a stand mixer, cream together the sugar and butter.
- Add the peanut butter, eggs and vanilla – mix again.
- Add the salt, baking soda and oats, stir to thoroughly combine.
- Add the reserved sugar to a (separate) small bowl.
- Using spoons or a small ice cream scoop, scoop out cookie dough, shape into a ball and roll in sugar. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until crispy on the edges, but still soft and chewy in the center.