Aren't these lovely cookies pretty and fun? You'll want to try these amazing Strawberry Sandwich Cookies. Soft sugar cookies that are filled with a sweet and flavorful jam.
Next time try these Rolo Sugar Cookies. These are perfect for Santa and your cookie exchange!
Of course, you can get out all of the butter, vanilla, and dry ingredients. Use your hand mixer and beat the butter, etc. But I personally love taking a shortcut and using premade cookie dough.
Just look how beautifully these cookies turn out!
Why you'll love this recipe
If you are looking for a sweet fruit cookie recipe, then this recipe is one you will want to make asap!
✔️ Easy to make - Using just a handful of simple ingredients these cookies are ready to eat without much effort in no time at all.
✔️ Flavorful - The jam in the middle adds a great taste to this simple dessert.
✔️ Decorating - These cookies are a blank canvas to create any desired design. They are perfect for the holidays for Christmas cookies, terrific for Valentine's Day, or just because!
For the exact measurements for the strawberry sandwich cookies, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post
- One package of store-bought sugar cookie dough - it's the perfect base for these pretty cookies!
- jam - pick your favorite! strawberry, apricot, peach, or blueberry are some of the favorites! You'll only need a tablespoons of strawberry jam for this recipe.
This is an overview of the instructions. For complete directions, just scroll down to the bottom!
- Preheat the oven and prepare the cookie sheets.
- Pre the instructions as per package instructions.
- Once the dough is ready for rolling, form it into a round and divide it in half.
- Lightly flour the flat surface and roll the dough to ¼ inch thickness.
- Cut out desired shapes from the rolled dough. Place half of them on prepared baking sheets 2 inches apart.
- Microwave the jam for about 10 seconds so it's soft and spreadable.
- Place a teaspoonful of jam on top of each cookie and spread it thinly.
- Cut a small shape out of the center of the remaining cut-out cookies.
- Place them over the top of the jam-topped cookie, lining up the edges. Seal edges with your finger or a fork.
- Repeat the same process with the second half of the dough.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until they start turning golden brown around the edges.
- Cool completely on the cookie sheet, then place cookies on a cooling rack.
The following are affiliate links. We participate in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Rolling pin
- Cookie cutter
Yes, you could substitute your favorite homemade sugar cookie dough. Just be sure that it is firm enough to handle being rolled into thin sheets.
Sure thing! Nutella works great as a substitute for jam anytime.
Microwaving the jam will help it will easily spread over the dough.
Things to know
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill dough before baking to prevent it from spreading.
- Make sure the jam doesn’t get too close to the edges of the cookie or the edges won't seal.
- Using a fork will give you a tighter seal to ensure that your jam doesn't leak out, plus it looks super pretty!
- Use parchment paper or a silpat to keep the cookie from sticking to the bottom of the baking sheet.
- Use a biscuit cutter, round cookie cutter, smaller cookie cutter, or your favorite holiday cookie cutter.
Allow them to cool completely on the baking sheet before transferring to the cooling rack so they don't crack or break.
Don't forget to bake the small cutouts you made - those are yummy too! Just top them with pretty holiday sprinkles so they are super festive!
- Cookie Dough - You can switch up the cookie dough flavors based on your tastes. A gingerbread cookie dough would taste amazing! A chocolate strawberry cookie, fantastic!
- Jam - Use your favorite jam to fill these sweet cookies. We like strawberry, apricot, and orange jelly - YUM! The strawberry flavor is my favorite!
- Fresh strawberries or fresh raspberries would be amazing. Crush the berries, add a tiny amount of confectioners’ sugar, and make a quick jam.
- Powdered Sugar - Want to add a little more sweetness to your cookies? Lightly dust the tops of your cookies with powdered sugar once they are assembled.
- Spreading a thin layer of cream cheese followed by strawberry jam would make an amazing strawberry cream cookie!
- You can even top cookies with your favorite creamy frosting, just be sure to place them in one even layer.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. Place a piece of wax paper between the cookies to avoid sticking together.
Freeze in a freezer-safe container or bag for up to 3 months. If you are freezing in a freezer bag, put your cookies in a safe place so they don't get crushed in the freezer!
For a fresh-baked taste and a soft texture, microwave the cookies for about 15 - 30 seconds.
If you think you will enjoy this Strawberry Sandwich Cookie recipe then you should check out some of these other dessert recipes that are so easy to make.
- White Chocolate Dipped Oreos - white chocolate + lemon = cookie bliss! Plus they don't need a lot of ingredients but makes for a sweet treat.
- Christmas Puppy Chow is a terrific holiday snack. I dare you to eat just one handful!
- Filled with spices, nuts, and cranberries these Persimmon Cookies make for a delicious holiday cookie!
- Homemade Gum Drop Cookies - Everyone loves these fun cookies loaded with gumdrops, coconut and oatmeal!
- Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies couldn't be easier or more tasty!
- Super yummy Pretzel M&M Hugs are amazing and so simple to make. Or try the Strawberry Fudge. Both are three ingredient recipes and make fun and festive holiday treat!
- Cheesy Chicken Tetrazzini is a great recipe to make on a busy weeknight! Or this easy Egg Roll in a Bowl recipe is full of protein and makes a great low-carb family-friendly dinner.
- Turkey Pot Pie is a great way to use up leftovers and still have a hearty dinner.
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Strawberry Sandwich Cookies
- 1 package store-bought sugar cookie dough
- ¼ - ½ cup jam flavor of your choice - strawberry, raspberry, peach, or apricot are some of the favorites used.
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Preheat the oven as per package instructions Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Check the instructions on the store-bought dough to prepare it for rolling. The package I used instructed me to knead. ¼ cup all purpose flour into the dough.
- Once the dough is ready for rolling, form it into a round and cut it in half.
- Lightly flour the surface you are rolling on, and roll out ½ of the dough to ¼ inch thickness.
- Cut out desired shapes and place half of them on a parchment lined cookie sheet 2 inches a part.
- Microwave the jam for about 10 seconds so will easily spread.
- Place a teaspoonful of jam on the center of each cookie and spread it gently - making sure it doesn’t get too close to the edges of the cookie.
- Cut a small shape out of the center of the remaining shapes.
- Place them over the top of the jam topped cookie, lining up the edges. Press gently around the edges with your finger or a fork to seal.
- Repeat the same process with the second half of the dough.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes, or until they are just starting to turn brown around the edges.
- Let them cool completely on the cookie sheet. Then with an offset spatula transfer to a cooling rack.