Chocolate Covered Cashews Recipe - Salty cashews covered in delicious chocolate and melted peanut butter chips with a pinch of chili powder. A bit of canola oil gets the chocolate and peanut butter all melty and delicious. If you are making sweet treats, you NEED to make these!
The chocolate lovers in your life will go gaga for this Better Than Sex Cake recipe - over the top with chocolate cake, butterscotch and chocolate syrup topped with candy bars!
Chocolate Covered Cashews
Life is about balance....right?
On Instagram, I've been reporting in my weight loss goals. Actually Dan and I both are working hard to lose weight. He's lost seven pounds and I've lost six - YAY!!! Our goal is to lose fifteen pounds by March 31st and we are well on our way! We have both decided it's time to lose some weight but, as I said earlier - life is about balance! 😋
So... having said that today I'm sharing one of my mom recipes AND Dan's favorite treats! In fact, when my folks visited at Christmas time, I was busy baking Easy Shortbread Cookies - Mom made a batch of these chocolates. They were tucked away in the fridge and we all dove into them during the holidays!
But these little treats aren't just for holidays and though I'm sharing them around Valentine's Day, make them year-round.. They are super easy and just that good.
Sweets really aren't my thing. However Dan does and I like to make sure Dan has something to satisfy his sweet tooth.
Cashew Nut Chocolate
Chocolate Covered Cashew Recipe - shopping list
- semi sweet chocolate morsels
- package peanut butter morsels
You'll also need a pinch of chili powder and canola oil.
Here's how easy it comes together.
Step by step photos how to make chocolates
Chocolate Covered Cashew Recipe - easy to make!
- Add the chocolate and peanut butter morsels to a pan
- Add the canola oil and chili powder
- Melt the chocolate
- Stir in the nuts
- Scoop them onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- Freeze for one hour
See how easy these are to make? They are a real treat too! Even with our diet, we are still enjoying a simple sweet treat in the evening.
Dark Chocolate Covered Cashew Recipe
Here's a funny story... when we got married Dan's Mom wasn't able to attend the wedding, but I knew she had a serious sweet tooth also. I made sure to pack up some cake and a couple of cupcakes from the wedding with instructions to Dan to drop it off.
A week later I asked her what she thought of the cake? She said ... cake, what cake? I sure would have like to have tried it but I didn't get any! I looked at Dan and he was smiling like a Cheshire Cat.... I said Dan what happened to your Mom's care package? He smiled and said I ate it!
Oooh did his Mom give him an earful! 🤣
I know there are super fancy ways you're supposed to make chocolate. Tempering to be sure it stays shiny and all that stuff. Here's the deal - I think these look beautiful AND they only take minutes to make!
Yep! This one checks off all of the important things on my list!
If you've gotten this far, I'm thinking you really love easy sweet treats, so I've done the research for you! Check out -
- Chocolate Spoons for Coffee and Espresso
- Peanut Butter Snowballs - perfect for holiday gifting!
- Easy Homemade Fudge Recipe - only three ingredients.
- You won't believe how delicious Homemade Buckeyes are!
- Butterscotch Haystacks Recipe
- Minnie Mouse Cupcakes
Do you love this Chocolate Covered Cashews Recipe? Be sure to comment below and give it a five star rating!
If you make these sweet treats, be sure to tag me on Instagram @bowl_me_over or just use a my hashtag - #bowlmeover so I get to see your chocolates!!
Amazon Disclosure: Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy.
Chocolate Covered Cashews Recipe
- 16 oz. whole cashews
- 10 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips
- 8 oz. peanut butter morsels
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Add the chocolate and peanut butter morsels to a heavy bottom pan on the stove. Place it over medium/medium low heat, stirring the entire time.
- Add the canola oil and chili powder.
- Melt the chocolate, continue stirring.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop them onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate immediately for at least one hour to allow them to harden. Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
Sign up for my recipes here!!Don't worry, we'll never share your email.
First Published: February, 2017... Last Updated: May 3, 2021