Dress up your coffee or latte with an easy swirl of chocolate! Making fancy chocolate spoons is super easy and they are perfect for Brunch, Mother’s Day or great Hostess or Teacher’s gift. Simple to make this chocolate spoon recipe will make your favorite coffee even better!
This post is sponsored by Renato’s. All opinions are my own! #ad #sponsored #enjoyrenatos
This weekend was spent in Chicago meeting and strategizing with colleagues. I have to tell you, I was so excited to meet my friends. We’d been in a Mastermind about a year ago and continued this relationship as the year progressed.
We made plans for a meet-up and we picked Chicago!
Seriously…. what were we thinking?!!! In our defense, a member of our group is pregnant, so we picked Chicago so it would be easier for her to participate. Having said that, record low’s, record wind chill, brrrr!
I spent 10 years living in the midwest so I’ve lived in cold climates, but dang! The weather was ridiculous! We all took a vote, we are definitely going someplace warm next year!
The one thing I would say though is Dan and I have fun no matter what we do. Though it was a quick weekend, we made it to the top of the Hancock building, enjoying the view on what felt like the top of the world.
From our vantage point, we watched a snow storm creep into the city while sipping espresso. It may have been cold, but that didn’t stop us! However I admit, I was counting the minutes until that plane lifted off Sunday morning and I was reminded of the strength and resiliency of midwestern folks!
When you’re cold and need to warm up, a great cup of coffee or hot chocolate is definitely the place to start – wouldn’t you agree? It helps when you can warm from the inside out!
Today I get to share with you my opinion of this espresso maker! I received this shortly before heading to Chicago. We were able to try it out before we left and again after coming home – here’s what we love:
convenience • quality • performance
This machine does EXACTLY what it’s supposed to do – make high-quality delicious coffee quickly and easily. I like the modern clean lines of the machine. It looks super sharp. The pods are super easy to use and the vessel stores the used pods so they are no stacked on the counter. Love that!
So obviously I couldn’t just tell you about this coffee maker, right? I had to share a recipe you can enjoy too! I’ve been wanting to share how easy it is to make chocolate spoons, so now is a perfect time!
Grocery List for Chocolate Spoon Recipe
Pretty short list, right? Though it’s small, these spoons are filled with flavor!
What can I make with chocolate spoons?
- Chocolate espresso, coffee or even doll-up your hot chocolate!
What kind of spoons do I use to make coffee stir spoons?
You can certainly use plastic spoons, but I purchased these beautiful spoons at a local antique store. They were four for a buck! What a steal and don’t they look just beautiful?!!!
No antique stores nearby? Then watch for spoons at garage sales, there’s always utensils they are practically giving away. They can certainly be mismatched too – mine are! I think that makes them even prettier.
Chocolate spoons are a great hostess gift, teachers gift and perfect for brunch OR a cold day in Chicago, wouldn’t you agree? Stirring it into our espresso made it a real treat!
The hardest thing for you will be to pick out which spoon is for you! Let me tell you how easy they are to make.
How to make Chocolate Spoon Recipe
- Place the chocolate chips in a microwaveable bowl.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave.
- Top each spoon with about a teaspoon of chocolate.
- While the chocolate is still melted, top with sprinkles.
- Refrigerate to set the chocolate.
- Stir into hot beverages to melt.
More about Chocolate Spoon Recipe
- Give as gifts by wrapping each spoon in a cellophane bag tied with a bow. So pretty and delicious!
- You can also display them in an egg platter, the indent normally used for the egg holds the spoons perfectly!
- Don’t want to use “real spoons”? Plastic spoons work too!
- You can dip the spoons too, place them on parchment paper until the chocolate is set.
Want to learn more about making your own espresso at home? Check out the link and the video below. It tells you all you need to know about Renato’s Coffee so you can make your own high quality, delicious espresso at home affordably.
More flavored coffee options!
- Flavored Coffee Stirring Spoons
- Orange Mocha Latte
- Tiramisu Latte
- Ice Shake Cinnamon Creme Coffee
- Frozen Caramel Macchiato
- Cherry Vanilla Frappe
If you’re looking for something delicious to serve at your brunch, check out these recipes!
- Easy Frittata Recipe with Roasted Vegetables
- Raspberry Orange Breakfast Strata
- Cranberry Orange Homemade Granola Recipe
- Cheesy Egg Muffins
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant a variety of affiliate programs, including in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy.
Chocolate Spoon Recipe
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp sprinkles
- Place the chocolate chips in a small bowl.
- Microwave at 15-20 second intervals to melt, stirring at each interval. Continue melting and stirring until the chocolate is easy to drizzle.
- Place the spoons on a plate or platter, balancing the handle so the spoon is level.
- Fill each spoon with chocolate. Immediately top with your favorite sprinkles!
- Refrigerate to set the chocolate. Stir into your favorite hot beverage and enjoy!