Super creamy, rich and delicious crock pot hot chocolate with confetti is perfect for the holidays (Christmas Eve and New Years especially), a fun brunch or sleepover! This is the most decadent sip to serve for kids big and small – everyone loves hot chocolate!
Crock Pot Hot Chocolate
Ok…. drum roll please… the first recipe to be released from my total foodie weekend is a drink! It’s what you guys asked for and is perfect as we head into winter and fall.
I think one of the best things about being a food blogger is dreaming up and developing new recipes! Hot chocolate might not be the first to come to mind when it’s 85 degrees out (like it is here today), however when I was brainstorming recipe ideas with my buddy Marye in Utah last weekend, this just sounded so good.
Also, it photographed beautifully! Now the challenge was to come home and develop a recipe in no time flat!
That’s exactly what I did and let me tell you – Crock Pot Hot Chocolate is going to be your new favorite sip!
Topping it with a sprinkle of confetti? Brilliant! This crock pot hot chocolate is beautiful, creamy and delicious. Pretty, girly, fun and most importantly…. easy! If you’re having a party, this hot chocolate will feed a crowd and everyone will be coming back for seconds!
Crock Pot Hot Chocolate for a Crowd
Perfect for a party, this is hands off! Serve this on your counter or buffet with a ladle nearby. Add a bowl of marshmallows, whipped cream and jars of sprinkles so your guests can help themselves.
What can I do with leftover hot chocolate?
- So you have leftovers? (Well honestly, I really don’t think you will, but just in case – here’s what you do!) Allow the hot chocolate to cool completely. Pour it into to a pitcher, cover or seal and refrigerate. Delicious chocolate milk! Or pour into your favorite mug and reheat it in the microwave. See me – totally thinking ahead!
- Use a funnel and pour it into the original milk jug – it’s a perfect container for leftovers. That way, you can shake it up well prior to reheating.
How long will it keep in the refrigerator?
- You can keep the easy crock pot hot chocolate leftovers for up to four days.
How do you make hot chocolate creamy?
The best way to make creamy, rich hot chocolate is to use cocoa powder and real chocolate chips. This hot chocolate recipe is the perfect combination!
How do you make crock pot hot chocolate?
- pour the milk into your crock pot
- add the cocoa powder, vanilla and sweetened condensed milk
- whisk everything together
- next, sprinkle in the chocolate chips and cover
- turn the slow cooker on low and cook for two hours
- serve topped with mini marshmallows or whipped cream and sprinkles. Enjoy!
What can I serve with slow cooker hot chocolate?
Can I add alcohol to this recipe?
If you’re looking for an adult beverage, you can easily make this hot chocolate boozy by adding:
- Peppermint Schnapps
- Bailey’s Irish Cream
This will definitely make it a party! Serve the alcohol on the side and allow guests to spike their own glass. Don’t add the alcohol to the slow cooker.
More delicious hot chocolate recipes!
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy.
Fall and winter is here! At your next get-together I hope you serve a big batch of this easy hot chocolate! If you do, post a picture on social media! You can tag me at #bowlmeover or on Instagram with @bowl_me_over! I love to see your tasty creations!!
Hot Chocolate Crock Pot Recipe
Crock Pot Hot Chocolate with Confetti
Easy hot chocolate made right in the slow cooker! Topping it off with marshmallows, whipped cream or a sprinkle of confetti (sprinkles) makes it perfect for any breakfast, brunch, or holiday gathering!
- 1 gallon milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 9 oz. dark chocolate chips
- 1 8 oz. sweetened condensed milk
Add the gallon of milk to the slow cooker
Next add in the cocoa powder, vanilla and sweetened condensed milk. Whisk to combine
Sprinkle in the chocolate chips and cover.
Turn the crock pot to low and cook for two hours. After two hours change to the keep warm cycle
Give it a good whisk before serving, ladle into cups and enjoy!