Super creamy, rich and delicious this slow cooker hot chocolate recipe is perfect for the holidays, a fun brunch or sleepover! Easy to make in the
Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate
I think one of the best things about being a food blogger is dreaming up and developing new recipes!
Hot chocolate might not be the first thing to come to mind when it’s 85 degrees out (like it is in Fresno…) But when I was brainstorming recipes with my buddy Marye, this just sounded so good.
Fall is here and winter is around the corner – I definitely think hot chocolate is in order don’t you? And since it can be made in the crock pot – well that makes it even better.
This is the perfect beverage if you’re having a get together.
Take it over the top by stirring it with a Chocolate Spoon and topping it with a sprinkle of confetti. Brilliant!
This crockpot hot chocolate is rich, creamy and delicious. Pretty, girly, fun and most importantly…. easy! If you’re having a party, this hot chocolate will feed a crowd and everyone will be coming back for seconds!
Crock Pot Hot Chocolate for a Crowd
Perfect for a party, this is hands off! Serve this on your counter or buffet with a ladle nearby. Add a bowl of marshmallows, whipped cream and jars of sprinkles so your guests can help themselves.
What can I do with leftover hot chocolate?
- So you have leftovers? Allow the hot chocolate to cool completely. Pour it into
toa pitcher, cover or seal and refrigerate. Then you have amazing chocolate milk!
- Or pour into your favorite mug and reheat it in the microwave. See me – totally thinking ahead!
Use a funnel and pour it into the original milk jug – it’s a perfect container for leftovers. That way, you can shake it up well prior to reheating.
How long will it keep in the refrigerator?
- You can keep the easy crock pot hot chocolate leftovers for up to four days.
How do you make hot chocolate creamy?
The best way to make creamy, rich hot chocolate is to use cocoa powder and real chocolate chips. This hot chocolate recipe is the perfect combination!
This easy crock pot hot chocolate recipe will feed a crowd![/caption]
How do you make crock pot hot chocolate?
- pour the milk into your crock pot
- add the cocoa powder, vanilla and sweetened condensed milk
- whisk everything together
- next, sprinkle in the chocolate chips and cover
- turn the slow cooker on low and cook for two hours
- serve topped with mini marshmallows or whipped cream and sprinkles. Enjoy!
What can I serve with slow cooker hot chocolate?
I would keep your party simple and easy and surround your buffet with some simple cookies!
Can I add alcohol to this recipe?
If you’re looking for an adult beverage, you can easily make this hot chocolate boozy by adding:
- Peppermint Schnapps
- Bailey’s Irish Cream
Serve the alcohol on the side and allow guests to spike their own glass. Don’t add the alcohol to the slow cooker.
Customize the confetti in your hot chocolate for every holiday!
- Christmas time, use red and green sprinkles
- Silver and gold would be festive for New Years
- Baby Shower? Pink and blue – keep ’em guessing!
- Orange and green would be really pretty at Thanksgiving
The confetti definitely makes it festive!
More great slow cooker beverage recipes
- Slow Cooker Apple Cider – cozy up to fall with a mug of spiced apple cider!
- Gingerbread Latte – better than Starbucks and easy to make in your crockpot!
- Slow Cooker Eggnog – one of my favorite holiday drinks!
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy.
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THIS EASY HOT CHOCOLATE RECIPE BELOW!
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time I share a new video!
The seasons are changing! At your next get-together I hope you serve a big batch of this easy hot chocolate! If you do, post a picture on social media!
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
If you post a photo, please tag me! I’d love to see your pictures! You can tag me with #bowlmeover or if you’re on Instagram use @bowl_me_over I can’t wait to see how yummy this turned out for you! I would love it if you gave this recipe 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 stars!!
- Measuring Spoons – I love the shape of these because they fit into spice jars
Don’t forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
You can tag me at #bowlmeover or on Instagram with @bowl_me_over! I love to see your tasty creations!!
Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate Recipe
Crock Pot Hot Chocolate with Confetti
- 1 gallon milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 9 oz. dark chocolate chips
- 1 8 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- Add the gallon of milk to the slow cooker
- Next add in the cocoa powder, vanilla and sweetened condensed milk. Whisk to combine
- Sprinkle in the chocolate chips and cover.
- Turn the crock pot to low and cook for two hours. After two hours change to the keep warm cycle
- Give it a good whisk before serving, ladle into cups and enjoy!
What can you do with leftover hot chocolate?
- Allow the hot chocolate to cool completely. Pour it into a pitcher, seal and refrigerate. Once cooled it becomes delicious chocolate milk!
- Or pour into your favorite mug and reheat it in the microwave.