Frittatas are the easiest dish around. This easy frittata recipe is baked in the oven until it's puffy and golden brown.
With meat or without, it's a lovely way to transform leftovers vegetables!
Why you'll love this recipe
✔️ Frittatas are a quick and affordable meal.
✔️ With meat or without, it's a lovely way to transform leftovers vegetables!
✔️ A basic frittata recipe is a great one to have when you're looking for a deliciously savory meal, whether that's breakfast, lunch or dinner!
- sour cream
- on hand - leftover cooked vegetables
- optional toppings - avocado, salsa and jalapeños
- Preheat the oven. Thoroughly butter the inside of a sauté pan including the sides.
- Spread the leftover roasted vegetables evenly on the bottom of the sauté pan.
- Whisk the eggs. Add the sour cream and seasonings, whisk again.
- Add the cheese, mix again - pour over the vegetables.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake until the frittata is puffed and golden brown.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Calphalon Saute Pans - this is the set I have and have been using for years.
An omelet is cooked on the stove and the ingredients are folded into the inside of the omelet. Most frittatas are started on the stove and finished in the oven. A quiche will have a crust and the ingredients will be folded into the custard and poured into the pie shell.
A cast iron skillet is the best pan to use for a frittata. You'll want to make sure it's well-seasoned.
Yes a frittata can be overdone. Don't wait until it's brown on top before removing, it will be overcooked.
Here are some recipes from my blog - easy tasty ideas for breakfast or brunch, that I think you'll really enjoy!
- Cheesy Egg Muffins - great make ahead and easy for a grab 'n go meal!
- Make Ahead Easy Granola - why make it at home when you can buy it at the store? Because it's SO MUCH BETTER! Seriously delicious and so easy to make, just baking it perfumes your home! I promise you'll love this granola!
- Fresh fruit or this yummy Mexican Fruit Salad would be terrific with the baked frittata.
- This Cracker Barrel Cheesy Potatoes is a terrific side dish for your meal.
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Easy Frittata Recipe
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups roasted asparagus cut into two inch pieces
- 1 ¼ cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter
- optional toppings
- avocado, salsa, jalapeños
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Thoroughly butter the inside of a sauté pan, including the sides.
- Take the leftover roasted asparagus and spread them evenly on the bottom of the sauté pan.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl and whisk to break up the yolks.
- Add the sour cream, salt and pepper. Whisk together thoroughly. Add one cup shredded cheese, mix again. Pour over the vegetables.
- Place in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until the frittata is puffed and golden brown and it is set in the middle.
- Remove from the oven, top with the remaining shredded cheese. Place back into the oven for another three minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Slice, add toppings of choice, serve and enjoy!
Sign up for my recipes here!!Don't worry, we'll never share your email.
I have the best new friend, her name is Ang and she is the busy, fabulous woman behind Juggling Act Mama! We've became fast friends and each day check in to hold each other accountable. There's lots to do in this blogging world and it's good to know someone that actually "gets me"!! 👩🍳📸 ✍️
The inspiration for this recipe actually came from her blog after I made her Chorizo Sheet Pan Dinner recipe! Chorizo, peppers, onions and potatoes all slapped onto a pan and baked off in the oven. Sheet pan dinners are a thing, let me tell you!
And for a good reason - it's simple way to put dinner on the table, easy, flavorful and delicious!
Anyway, I made that dinner twice and the second time I had some leftovers. So rather than have the same meal three days in a row... I thought I'd mix it up a bit! Plus I only had about two cups of leftovers. Not enough for a full meal for both of us,
Serve up a big wedge of frittata with a side of fruit saladIf you've been following the blog for long you know remaking leftovers is actually something I specialize in. So that night for dinner, I transformed leftovers from the sheet pan dinner into an easy frittata and let me tell you this is delicious!
I love fittatas! I love the roasted veggies... Oh I am sold!!!
I absolutely love this idea, and I love how you transformed leftovers into something sooooo good! Perfect breakfast or brunch idea right here!
Loving that you can switch up this recipe to what you have on hand!! Brilliant!
Brunch or weekend breakfast perfection! Love that you used roasted vegetables- the flavors really enhance the dish. Can't wait to make this one!
What a great way to turn leftovers into another delicious meal. No two frittatas will be the same! Delicious!
Bowl Me Over
Frittatas were one of my go-to meals when I was single and $'s were tight (in other words most of the time!). They are an easy and affordable meal!
I think my favorite part of this recipe is that I can clean out my veggies from my over zealous purchase at the farmers market! Im totally craving a frittata after seeing this post!
Dan from Platter Talk
We love a good fritatta and the easier the better, in my book! Looking forward to trying this one soon!
Thank you SO much for sharing this recipe with my readers! I love how you made over my sheet pan dinner leftovers into a new meal - you're so creative 🙂
Bowl Me Over
Thank YOU for such great inspiration, we love that meal!
LOVING this recipe! The veggies and the cheese are perfectly matched with the fluffy eggs! Can't wait to make it for brunch this weekend! Thanks!!
Bowl Me Over
It's so easy too, I hope your family loved it!