I’m loving this easy meal I made – Cheesy Egg Muffins – so simple, the recipe makes a dozen so there is plenty of leftovers. It’s a perfect grab-n-go meal!
I used veggies that I had on hand; a potato, onion, red pepper, tomatoes and some cheese. Spinach or kale would also be a delicious addition! Use the vegetables you prefer. What I like about this meal is that it’s already portioned – that way I can’t slip and slice a piece that’s too big…..of course I could have two….but then I’d be busted! 😉
Check this out – so simple, they would be great for a brunch or buffet too. Delicious warm or room temperature! Breakfast for dinner? Why not when it’s this good!
Still hungry? Here are more delicious breakfast recipes!
Cheesy Egg Muffins
- inch One russet potato scrubbed well, and chopped into small 1/2 dice
- 1/2 red pepper diced
- 1/2 cup yellow onion diced
- 8-10 olives chopped
- 1/2 cup tomatoes chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped peppers
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup half and half
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- scrub the potato well, chop it into a small 1/2 inch dice. Sprinkle with a tablespoon of olives oil and 1 teaspoon grill seasoning (I used Lawry's). Spread onto a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, stirring once during cooking.
- While the potatoes are cooking chop the red pepper & onion. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium heat.. Add the peppers and onion to a skillet. Sauté for about 6-7 minutes until they are softened. Remove from heat.
- Chop the tomatoes and olives, add to the skillet.
- After 20 minutes remove the potatoes from the oven and add them to the skillet. Mix everything together well.
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl. Add the half & half, salt and pepper. Using a mixer, mix well for a minute on high speed.
- Spray the muffin tin well with non-stick coating. Spoon a heaping tablespoon into each muffin, top with about a teaspoon of cheese.
- Using a measuring cup (for ease of pouring) fill each muffin tin within 1/4 inch of top with egg mixture. Do not overfill.
- Place in preheat oven for 20 minutes.
Sign up for my recipes here!!Don't worry, we'll never share your email.