I’m loving this easy meal I made – Cheesy Egg Muffins – so simple, the recipe makes a dozen so there is plenty of leftovers. It’s a perfect grab-n-go meal!
I used veggies that I had on hand; a potato, onion, red pepper, tomatoes and some cheese. Spinach or kale would also be a delicious addition! Use the vegetables you prefer. What I like about this meal is that it’s already portioned – that way I can’t slip and slice a piece that’s too big…..of course I could have two….but then I’d be busted! 😉
Check this out – so simple, they would be great for a brunch or buffet too. Delicious warm or room temperature! Breakfast for dinner? Why not when it’s this good!
Still hungry? Here are more delicious breakfast recipes!
Cheesy Egg Muffins
Cheesy Egg Muffins #MeatlessMonday - simple & great for an on-the go breakfast, brunch or buffet too. Delicious warm or room temperature!
- inch One russet potato scrubbed well, and chopped into small 1/2 dice
- 1/2 red pepper diced
- 1/2 cup yellow onion diced
- 8-10 olives chopped
- 1/2 cup tomatoes chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped peppers
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup half and half
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- scrub the potato well, chop it into a small 1/2 inch dice. Sprinkle with a tablespoon of olives oil and 1 teaspoon grill seasoning (I used Lawry's). Spread onto a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, stirring once during cooking.
- While the potatoes are cooking chop the red pepper & onion. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium heat.. Add the peppers and onion to a skillet. Sauté for about 6-7 minutes until they are softened. Remove from heat.
- Chop the tomatoes and olives, add to the skillet.
- After 20 minutes remove the potatoes from the oven and add them to the skillet. Mix everything together well.
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl. Add the half & half, salt and pepper. Using a mixer, mix well for a minute on high speed.
- Spray the muffin tin well with non-stick coating. Spoon a heaping tablespoon into each muffin, top with about a teaspoon of cheese.
- Using a measuring cup (for ease of pouring) fill each muffin tin within 1/4 inch of top with egg mixture. Do not overfill.
- Place in preheat oven for 20 minutes.