Cranberry Orange Homemade Granola Recipe – This homemade granola is super simple and delicious for breakfast or an easy snack and it’s perfect for a holiday brunch! Crunchy nuts, tart cranberries and sweet honey combine with toasted oats to make a healthy granola.
Top off your favorite yogurt with this nutty, crunchy goodness and you’ll be serving your family a super healthy granola and shhhhh….. they won’t be the wiser! 😉
Guys you’re going to love this one! Homemade Granola. It is super simple and perfect for this time of year. We’ve been enjoying it as a healthy snack, to punch up the flavor in a bowl of yogurt. Seriously, I’d never purchase it again! You’re going to ask yourself why you haven’t made it yourself sooner.
No…. you say? You’ve never thought of making your own granola? You know I understand that, because I know you’re a busy person – I am too!
Let me give you some reasons why you should make your own homemade granola…
Homemade Granola Recipe – Tips
- It’s easy…
- You have all of the ingredients on-hand…
- You control what goes into it, ensuring your family only receives the best ingredients!
- Making your own granola is much more affordable than buying it.
- It only takes about the same amount of time as making a batch of cookies
- This granola makes a great holiday gift!
Have I convinced you yet? I hope so! Here are the step-by-step directions.
You’ll start by measuring out the oats. Use the old fashioned-kind (not quick cook).
Add coconut and cranberries, chopped walnut and cashews.
Drizzle with the sauce and toss to coat.
Then simply spread it out on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven until it is browned. When it’s golden brown and toasted, simply remove it from the oven and allow it to cool completely. Break it into big chunks and store in a glass container. It also freezes really well.
Homemade Granola Recipe – Shopping List
- dried cranberries
- shredded coconut
It’s that simple! Dan and I ate this for breakfast for several mornings. We also really enjoyed it as a grab and go snack. I had hoped to make this for Christmas gifts for family but my oven died (shortly before Christmas) ahh! That put a squelch on that great holiday gift idea…. and is obviously a story for another day….
So after that happened, I decided to save this recipe until after Christmas and share this and another healthy idea with you (next week) to keep you moving towards your resolutions and holiday goals. I know you’re going to love this!
Check out these easy breakfast recipes!
- Avocado Toast Breakfast Sandwich
- Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Smoothie
- 3 Ingredient Oatmeal Cookies
- Papaya Breakfast Bowl
- Raspberry Orange Breakfast Strata
I really hope you give this recipe a try and if it’s a recipe you enjoy, please rate it five stars below!
Homemade Granola is 100 times better than store bought and I promise you, you’ll never purchase store bought again!
Homemade Granola Recipe – Crunchy nuts, tart cranberries and sweet honey combine with toasted oats to make a delicious and healthy granola.
Homemade Cranberry Orange Granola Recipe
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats (not quick-cook)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup shredded coconut sweetened
- 1/3 cup walnuts lightly chopped
- 1/3 cup cashews lightly chopped
- zest from one orange
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 325
- Using a large bowl combine the oats, cranberries and shredded coconut.
- Lightly chop the walnuts and cashews, add them to the bowl with the oats.
- Zest the orange, set aside
- Add the vegetable oil, honey, brown sugar and salt to a small saucepan on the stove. Place over medium heat.
- Warm this mixture until the brown sugar and salt dissolve, stirring often. Once it dissolves, remove from the heat and stir in the orange zest.
- Drizzle the mixture over the mixture in the bowl. Stir well and make sure every oat and nut is completely coated.
- Spread the mixture onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread out into an even layer.
- Place in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the granola is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Break into crunchy bits and store in a glass container. This freezes great and is also a terrific gift!
Looking for more delicious breakfast ideas? I got you covered! Here are three of my very favorites, I hope you enjoy them too!
Avocado Toast is perfect for a quick 10 minute breakfast. Super healthy too!
Pumpkin Pancakes with Strawberry Syrup is another crowd please breakfast!
Acai bowls continue to be quite the rage. We first tried these in Hawaii when we were visiting the kids. Acai is packed with antioxidants and just delicious!