Seriously now, this Avocado Toast Breakfast Sandwich is the easiest, most delicious breakfast you've ever enjoyed AND you're going to WOW whomever you serve it to! Want to hear the BIG bonus? It takes like 10 minutes - that's it!
Top your breakfast sandwich with some tomato relish for an extra punch of flavor!
This is a meal I am so excited to share with you! Perfect for breakfast, lunch or brunch. No fancy sauces to make, if you can toast bread, mash avocados and soft boil an egg. You're set!
Why you'll love this recipe
✔️ Super simple!
✔️ This meal takes 10 minutes to make.
✔️ It only takes a handful of ingredients - love that!
For the exact measurements, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- bread - I used a good whole grain bread
- prosciutto or bacon
- fresh lemon juice or lime juice
- for the eggs white vinegar
- salt and pepper
This is an overview of the instructions. For the complete directions just scroll down to the bottom!
- First toast the bread.
- Put water in a medium size sauce pan to boil.
- Mash the avocado. Season with salt, pepper and a squeeze of lime or lemon. Slice the tomato and add them to the avocado.
- Crack the eggs in two separate bowls. When the water comes to a boil, add about a teaspoon of white vinegar to the water and a pinch of salt.
- Using a spoon begin swirling the water around to make a whirlpool. Drop in the eggs, one at a time. Set your timer - three minutes will give you perfectly soft poached eggs. When you remove the eggs from the water, use a slotted spoon and blot them with a towel to remove the water.
- Assemble the sandwich.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Avocado toast is a great choice for a healthy breakfast.
A perfectly poached soft egg will take about 3 minutes.
You can really use your favorite - multi grain bread, sourdough bread, sliced French bread, use your favorite!
Things to know
- It's easy to over-poach the egg. Keep an eye on it and remove them at the 2-3 minute mark.
- Sprouts can be hard to get, if you can find them great, if not, no biggie! Just omit that ingredient.
- Substitute bacon for prosciutto if you'd prefer.
- Store bought or leftover homemade guacamole is delicious!
- Leftover pico de gallo is great instead of sliced tomatoes.
This doesn't store well, enjoy fresh!
More delicious egg breakfast recipes!
- Easy Frittata with Roasted Vegetables - perfect use for your leftover veggies.
- Huevos Rancheros - super simple these easy this easy to make breakfast is just like your favorite taqueria!
- Cheesy Egg Muffins - the best on-the-go breakfast!
- Breakfast potatoes would be fantastic with your breakfast!
- Prefer sliced boiled eggs? That would be tasty too, using this air fryer boiled egg recipe makes it easy!
- Crescent Roll Cinnamon Rolls makes is tasty alongside this savory breakfast!
Avocado Toast Breakfast Sandwich
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices bread I used a good whole grain bread
- 4 slices prosciutto
- ¼ cup sprouts (optional)
- 1 avocado mashed
- 1 lemon or lime zested and juiced
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar + teaspoon salt for the poaching liquid
- salt and pepper to taste
- First toast the bread.
- Put water in a pan to boil. While the water is heating, mash the avocado. Season with salt, pepper and a squeeze of lime or lemon and the zest. Slice the tomato and add them to the avocado. Mix together and set aside.
- Crack the eggs into two separate bowls. When the water reaches a boil, add about a teaspoon of white vinegar to the water and a good pinch of salt. Using a spoon begin swirling the water to make a whirlpool. Drop in the eggs, one at a time. Set your timer three minutes - this will give you soft poached eggs.
- Assemble the sandwiches. Slather each piece of toast with the avocado tomato mixture. Top with two slices of prosciutto, a nest of sprouts and settle the poached egg into the nest. Season with salt & pepper. Serve and enjoy!
Sign up for my recipes here!!Don't worry, we'll never share your email.
Hey! What are you doing for breakfast? Let's have breakfast together this morning! 🍳 So grab your coffee and let's share a meal - I'm serving up Avocado Toast!
Ok, it would be tough to drop everything you're doing to fly to Fresno for breakfast right? But after seeing this, you might want to!
So speaking of toasting bread, the first time I made avocado toast I had an issue with the toast. I thought, rather than use the toaster, I will put it under the broiler. So I turned on the broiler. When it was completely heated up tucked the bread underneath it....
And promptly forgot I had put bread under the broiler. I kid you not it was charcoal by the time I remembered it.
I did not take a picture of it. I'm pretty sure you know what burned bread looks like. And taking stylish pictures of burnt toast didn't seem to make sense either. Seriously?? oops! You know if burnt toast is the worst thing that happened that day, that's pretty good, right?
Ok back to this yummy sandwich - avocado toast is really quite the thing right now! I'm not jumping on the bandwagon because it's trendy - I'm sharing this recipe with you because it is AMAZING!
Let me show you how simple it is!
How easy is that?