Avocado Toast Breakfast Sandwich
Hey! What are you doing for breakfast? Let's have breakfast together this morning! 🍳 So grab your coffee and let's share a meal - I'm serving up Avocado Toast!
Ok, it would be tough to drop everything you're doing to fly to Fresno for breakfast right? But after seeing this, you might want to!
Seriously now, this is the easiest, most delicious breakfast you've ever enjoyed AND you're going to WOW whomever you serve it to! Want to hear the BIG bonus? It takes like 10 minutes - that's it!
It's going to look like this:
This is a meal I am so excited to share with you! Perfect for breakfast, lunch or brunch. No fancy sauces to make, if you can toast bread, mash avocados and soft boil an egg. You're set!
So speaking of toasting bread, the first time I made avocado toast I had an issue with the toast. I thought, rather than use the toaster, I will put it under the broiler. So I turned on the broiler. When it was completely heated up tucked the bread underneath it....
And promptly forgot I had put bread under the broiler. I kid you not it was charcoal by the time I remembered it.
I did not take a picture of it. I'm pretty sure you know what burned bread looks like. And taking stylish pictures of burnt toast didn't seem to make sense either. Seriously?? oops! You know if burnt toast is the worst thing that happened that day, that's pretty good, right?
Toast - Avocado and Tomatoes - Prosciutto - Sprouts - Egg = Deliciousness!
Ok back to this yummy sandwich - avocado toast is really quite the thing right now! I'm not jumping on the bandwagon because it's trendy - I'm sharing this recipe with you because it is AMAZING!
Let me show you how simple it is!
First toast your bread.
Put water in a pan to boil. While the water is heating, mash the avocado. Season with salt, pepper and a squeeze of lime or lemon. Slice the tomato and add them to the avocado.
You'll need a couple slices of prosciutto per sandwich - this meal is two servings, so you'll need four slices.
Crack the eggs in two separate bowls. When the water boils, add about a teaspoon of white vinegar to the water and a good pinch of salt. Using a spoon begin swirling the water around to make a whirlpool. Drop in the eggs, one at a time. Set your timer - three minutes will give you perfectly soft poached eggs. When you remove the eggs from the water, use a slotted spoon and blot them with a towel to remove the water.
Then it's time to assemble the sandwich - Slather each piece of toast with the avocado-tomato mixture. Top with two slices of prosciutto, a nest of sprouts and settle the poached egg into the nest. Season with salt & pepper. Serve and enjoy!
How easy is that?
Hungry for eggs? More delicious breakfast recipes!
Avocado Toast Breakfast Sandwich
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices bread I used a good whole grain bread
- 4 slices prosciutto
- ¼ cup sprouts (optional)
- 1 avocado mashed
- 1 lemon or lime zested and juiced
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar + teaspoon salt for the poaching liquid
- salt and pepper to taste
- First toast the bread.
- Put water in a pan to boil. While the water is heating, mash the avocado. Season with salt, pepper and a squeeze of lime or lemon and the zest. Slice the tomato and add them to the avocado. Mix together and set aside.
- Crack the eggs into two separate bowls. When the water reaches a boil, add about a teaspoon of white vinegar to the water and a good pinch of salt. Using a spoon begin swirling the water to make a whirlpool. Drop in the eggs, one at a time. Set your timer three minutes - this will give you soft poached eggs.
- Assemble the sandwiches. Slather each piece of toast with the avocado tomato mixture. Top with two slices of prosciutto, a nest of sprouts and settle the poached egg into the nest. Season with salt & pepper. Serve and enjoy!
Sign up for my recipes here!!Don't worry, we'll never share your email.
What else has been cooking here at Bowl Me Over? I have been crazy busy!!! Have you listened to the podcast yet? I was interviewed by Stacey from Little Figgy of the Fare Traveler. It was super fun and the first time I participated in a podcast! You can listen to it by clicking here.