Crispy Oven Roasted Breakfast Potatoes Recipe is the perfect for breakfast or brunch! Tender potatoes, smokey bacon with sweet bell peppers and onions is delicious! Easy Breakfast Potatoes are a great side dish, you’ll love the flavors!
PIN IT HERE!!
Easy Breakfast Potatoes
This post is sponsored by Nordicware and part of Easter Brunch Week! All opinions of this product are my own! #ad #EasterBrunchWeek #NordicWare
When I was a kid we moved from our little house in town out to the country. When we did, Dad put in a garden – it was something he had always wanted to do, but we never had the space.
The first year Dad planted potatoes. Not knowing how much we’d need he planted a lot. That first year, we harvested nearly 500 pounds of potatoes!
Needless to say, we ate a lot of potatoes that year. Potato Soup, Potato Soup with Ham, fried potatoes, Baked Potatoes, Loaded Baked Potato Casserole you name it! Safe to say Mom got pretty creative with ways to fix potatoes!
I have several potato recipes on the blog so it seems only natural to share my recipe for Oven Roasted Breakfast Potatoes, wouldn’t you agree?
I thought so! 😋
Oven Roasted Breakfast Potatoes
Grocery list for Easy Breakfast Potatoes
- yellow potatoes
- sweet yellow onion
- red bell pepper
- garlic powder
What are the best potatoes for roasting?
Thin skinned potatoes are best for roasting. They are less starchy and the thin skin allows the heat to penetrate more quickly to roast the potato faster. Bonus? You don’t need to peel them!
Though all potatoes; russet, sweet potatoes, etc. are great roasted for this recipe I suggest yellow, red or purple potatoes.
What Temperature to Roast Potatoes?
I roast potatoes at 400°F because I love the crispy outside. The following cook times are for 1″ potato cubes:
- bake at 350°F for 50-55 minutes
- bake at 375°F for 40-45 minutes
- bake at 400°F for 35-40 minutes
- bake at 450°F for 25-30 minutes
How do you get potatoes crispy?
The potatoes will crisp up well when cooked at high heat and not crowded into the pan. You’ll need to be sure and leave space around the potatoes for air to circulate. If they are piled and packed in together them will steam and never become crispy.
How do you reheat leftover roast potatoes?
The best way to reheat leftover potatoes is either by frying them in a skillet until the crisp up again. Another option is the oven. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, place the potatoes on a baking sheet and bake until crispy – about 20 minutes.
The pan you use for roasting makes a difference too. Use a non-insulated aluminum pan, like pictured below.
What I love about the Nordic Ware pan are the little ridges. Can you see those? The ridges allow the air to circulate making for crispier potatoes!
Roasted Breakfast Potatoes
Steps to make Easy Breakfast Potatoes
- Preheat the oven.
- Wash the vegetables well and dice into 1 inch chunks.
- Slice the bacon into lardons.
- Spread everything on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the seasoning.
- Bake in the oven until crispy – 35-40 minutes, stiring halfway thru roasting.
What Goes With Easy Breakfast Potatoes?
And a few more potato recipes to enjoy!
- Roasted Radishes Recipe with Potatoes
- Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- Rosemary Lemon Roasted Potatoes
- Deviled Egg Potato Salad
- Loaded Potato Soup Recipe
I haven’t met many potatoes I haven’t liked! They are a great side dish or terrific main dish – what’s your favorite use of potatoes?
Amazon Disclosure: Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy.
Easter Brunch Week continues! Don’t forget to enter the giveaway below, I’d love YOU to win!
Also, I’d love it if you would give me a five-star rating below, I know you’ll love this recipe! If you snap a photo and share it please tag me #bowlmeover or @bowl_me_over so I get to see your pics!!!
Easy Breakfast Potatoes Recipe
- 2 pounds yellow or red potatoes cleaned and diced
- 1 red bell pepper cleaned and diced
- 1/2 yellow onion peeled and diced
- 2 slices bacon thinly diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash the potatoes well and dice. Clean and diced the red bell pepper also, removing the seeds.
- Peel and dice the onion. Spread the vegetables out on a sheet pan
- Dice the bacon into small 1/2 inch bits and top the vegetables.
- Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder. With clean hands give everything a good mix.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until crispy stirring halfway thru.