Rosemary Lemon Roasted Potatoes
You know when you find that perfect side dish and you make it over and over again. Well that’s what I’m sharing with you today. I began making these roasted potatoes around Thanksgiving of last year. At Christmas I made them to go with a seafood extravaganza and I’ve continued to make them thru winter and spring.
But I neglected to share them with you!
Shame on me!! No worries though because today I’m going to share with you the secret to perfectly roasted potatoes.
Are you ready?
A hot, hot oven at a high heat!
Well that and some really simple seasonings that is. All you need is russet potatoes, a few springs of rosemary, olive oil, salt and pepper!
This is an easy side dish and one of our favorites! In addition to being so simple it uses everyday food so you don’t have to go out and buy anything special. You probably already have all of the ingredients!
This recipe serves two to three – so if you’re serving more people, just double the recipe accordingly. Here’s how we will get started –
Take two russet potatoes, scrub and clean them thoroughly. Dice them into a one inch dice and place them in a plastic sealable bag.
Add the olive oil, fresh squeezed lemon, chopped rosemary, salt and pepper.
Give it a good massage to make sure everything is well coated. (Don’t worry, the lemon keeps the potatoes potatoes from turning brown.) Tuck it into the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Then spread out the potatoes on a roasting pan sprayed with non-stick coating.
Into the oven it goes for about 30 minutes!
Wa-la! Perfectly roasted potatoes! Don’t these look yummy? And when they are as easy as this, why not make them yourself. Not to mention how much better they are (and better for you) than a bag of frozen potatoes.
These are tasty!
Like I said earlier, this side makes two to three servings, just depends on how hungry you are!
And in case you’re wondering, I’ve made these where I’ve left the bag in the refrigerator for 4-5 hours. That makes the taters a little bitter – I wouldn’t recommend that.
More of my favorite potato recipes from the blog
- Oven Roasted Breakfast Potatoes – perfect with scrambled eggs and so easy!
- Instant Pot Baked Potatoes – light and fluffy every times!
- Roasted Radishes with Potaotes – earth and delicious!
- 4 Ingredient Candied Sweet Potatoes – who can pass up yummy sweet potatoes?!!
Rosemary Lemon Roasted Potatoes
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp rosemary minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Scrub and clean the potatoes thoroughly. Dice them into a one inch dice and place them in a plastic sealable bag.
- Mince the rosemary.
- Add the olive oil, fresh squeezed lemon, chopped rosemary, salt and pepper to the potatoes in the plastic bag. Using your hands, mix everything together thoroughly. Place the potatoes in the refrigerator for 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick coating. Place the potatoes on the sheet spreading into one even layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove from oven and flip the potatoes. Return to the oven for another 10 minutes or until the potatoes are lightly brown and crispy. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Sign up for emails here!Don't worry, we don't share emails!
Love roasted potatoes and vegetables? Let me give you a few choices ~
Roasted potatoes and radishes are an amazing side dish! Roasting the radishes gives them a sweet spicy flavor – you can find that recipe by clicking here.
Roasting vegetables really enhances the flavor because of all that delicious caramelization! What is your favorite way to enjoy roasted vegetables?