Easy Homemade Fudge Recipe that is creamy, smooth and decadent and only takes 10 minutes and three ingredients to make! No boiling and thermometer needed for this amazing treat!
Easy Homemade Chocolate Fudge Recipe
I know you're going to love this simple fudge recipe. It has received two thumbs up from Dan and that's high praise!
This recipe has been in our family for years. I found it in my Grandma's notes. How special is that? I love that it takes me back to childhood when my Grandparents surprised us by driving out to spend Christmas with us in Oregon.
They didn't tell anyone, not even my folks! They just showed up one day and stayed for a week. I remember Grandma was in the kitchen baking Butterscotch Cookies, making divinity and fudge.
Grandma was a firm believer all meals should end with something sweet!
What are the main ingredients in fudge?
There are only three ingredients in this easy homemade fudge recipe!
- chocolate chips - use semi-sweet, dark chocolate, really it's all about your favorite
- vanilla melts or almond bark - I use vanilla melts, I like how easy they are to work with.
- vanilla ice cream - yup, that's it! It's what makes it so creamy!
How long does homemade fudge last?
Not long if you're in my house, LOL! Seriously though, refrigerate the fudge and well wrapped it will last 7-10 days in the refrigerator.
Can I freeze fudge?
Yes, you can! I recommend not slicing it, but wrapping well in plastic, then foil and freeze up to three months. Keeping it whole will keep it fresher. Slice it after removing it from the freezer.
What makes fudge grainy?
Crystals form when you continue to stir fudge as it cools. So after you pour it into the pan, smooth it out and allow it to cool completely.
For all the "science-ee" stuff - click this link for the science of candy!
How do you keep homemade fudge fresh?
Wrap it in plastic or aluminum foil and refrigerate it.
Steps to make Homemade Fudge Recipe
- Use a medium pan over low heat, add the chocolate chips and vanilla melts.
- Using a whisk, stir the chocolate until completely smooth.
- Add the ice cream and stir until smooth, creamy and all of the ice cream is completely incorporated.
- Pour into a lined pan, refrigerate until firm.
This treat is perfect for Holiday Cookie Exchanges and a wonderful Hostess Gift! Here are a few more of my favorite treats!
You may need
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
When you make this please comment below and let me know what you think! I'd love it if you tag me on Instagram @bowl_me_over or #bowlmeover - so I can see your photos!
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Easy Homemade Fudge Recipe
Easy Homemade Fudge Recipe
- 1 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups vanilla candy melts
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- Prepare the pan - line with foil or parchment paper. Spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray or lightly butter the pan.
- Place a medium-size saucepan over low heat. Pour the chocolate chips into the pan, add the candy melts.
- Stir with a whisk until completely smooth.
- Add the ice cream. Stir until melted and completely incorporated - whisk until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan, smooth the top and refrigerate.
- When the fudge is well set, but not completely hardened, remove it from the refrigerator. Take it out of the pan and slice it into 1-inch pieces. Return to the refrigerator until it's completely set. Enjoy!
Sign up for my recipes here!!Don't worry, we'll never share your email.