Easy Homemade Fudge Recipe that is creamy, smooth and decadent and only takes 10 minutes and three ingredients to make! No boiling and thermometer needed for this amazing treat!
Next time try White Chocolate Dipped Oreos!
Easy Homemade Chocolate Fudge Recipe
I know you're going to love this simple fudge recipe. It has received two thumbs up from Dan and that's high praise!
This recipe has been in our family for years. I found it in my Grandma's notes. How special is that? I love that it takes me back to childhood when my Grandparents surprised us by driving out to spend Christmas with us in Oregon.
They didn't tell anyone, not even my folks! They just showed up one day and stayed for a week. I remember Grandma was in the kitchen baking Butterscotch Cookies, making divinity and fudge.
Grandma was a firm believer all meals should end with something sweet!
For the exact measurements, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- vanilla candy melts
- vanilla ice cream
This is an overview, for detailed instructions just scroll down to the bottom!
- Use a medium pan over low heat, add the chocolate chips and vanilla melts.
- Using a whisk, stir the chocolate until completely smooth.
- Add the ice cream and stir until smooth, creamy and all of the ice cream is completely incorporated.
- Pour into a lined pan, refrigerate until firm.
There are only three ingredients in this easy homemade fudge recipe. Chocolate chips - use semi-sweet, dark chocolate, really it's all about your favorite. Vanilla melts or almond bark - I use vanilla melts, I like how easy they are to work with. Vanilla ice cream - yup, that's it! It's what makes it so creamy!
Fudge doesn't last long in my mouse, LOL! Seriously though, refrigerate the fudge and well wrapped it will last 7-10 days in the refrigerator.
Yes, you can freeze fudge. I recommend not slicing it, but wrapping well in plastic, then foil and freeze up to three months. Keeping it whole will keep it fresh longer. Slice it after removing it from the freezer.
Crystals form in fudge when you continue to stir fudge as it cools. So after you pour it into the pan, smooth it out and allow it to cool completely. For all the "science-ee" stuff - click this link for the science of candy!
Keep fudge fresh by wrapping it in plastic or aluminum foil and refrigerating it.
Refrigerate fudge up to 7-10 days. Wrap well in plastic and again in foil for optimal freshness. Don't slice until you're ready to enjoy it.
This candy freezes great, up to three months. Just be sure you wrap it well as described above.
Just like Homemade Buckeyes, this treat is perfect for Holiday Cookie Exchanges and a wonderful Hostess Gift! Here are a few more of my favorite treats!
- Peanut Butter Snowballs - super festive and fun, a no bake treat that is a yummy bite and a terrific gift!
- This easy recipe for Rolo Turtle Pretzels is an easy candy recipe!
- Chocolate Covered Cashews - this rich, decadent treat is such an easy recipes and only takes minutes to make. It freezes great and is perfect for your cookie exchange.
- Snickers Chocolate Chip Cookies - with only 2 ingredients, these yummy cookies are ready in minutes!
- Christmas Pretzels - the perfect salty, sweet bite!
Easy Homemade Fudge Recipe
- 1 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups vanilla candy melts
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Prepare the pan - line with foil or parchment paper. Spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray or lightly butter the pan.
- Place a medium-size saucepan over low heat. Pour the chocolate chips into the pan, add the candy melts.
- Stir with a whisk until completely smooth.
- Add the ice cream. Stir until melted and completely incorporated - whisk until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan, smooth the top and refrigerate.
- When the fudge is well set, but not completely hardened, remove it from the refrigerator. Take it out of the pan and slice it into 1-inch pieces. Return to the refrigerator until it's completely set. Enjoy!
Sign up for my recipes here!!Don't worry, we'll never share your email.
It was the favorite of all the desserts yesterday! I never need to stay up til 1am and make pies again!
GAME CHANGER!! Made this today for an early Thanksgiving. I’ve always struggled with getting fudge the right consistency. FINALY! An easy, creamy, perfect recipe! This will be made countless times between now and Christmas! Thank you!!!
Bowl Me Over
Yay! We love this recipe, it's absolutely the creamiest! Glad you're enjoying it as well!!!
This is the most unique fudge recipe I have seen with the ice cream, but you are a genius! It turned out so good and was so easy!
Bowl Me Over
Grandma knows best! It's creamy fudge perfection!
I have not made fudge in years, but I am loving this recipe, the simplicity and that it has creamy ice cream in it! YUM!!
Bowl Me Over
It's just the best, I hope you give it a try Kathleen!
This was very tasty and so easy to make! My family asked for more so I will be making a second batch later this week!
What have I never made my own fudge?? This is so simple and tasty!
I need to make this fudge ASAP! It looks so easy and tasty!
Ice Cream in Fudge? Amazing! Such an easy recipe
Will be making this for sure.
Bowl Me Over
Yes!! You're welcome, enjoy!!