Festive for a birthday party or just because, these Minnie Mouse Cupcakes are a super fun way to celebrate and are so easy to make!
Minnie Mouse Cupcakes
This is the last giveaway in our 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway – have you been entering? I hope so, there’s lots of opportunities to win! Travel Packages, free cookware, gift cards and more!
- California Fig Care Package
- Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
- Air Fryer
- Ultimate Boston Entertainment Package
- Farberware Cookware
- 300 Amazon Gift Card
And I definitely want my wonderful readers to win! If you haven’t already, take a moment and click through to and enter to win! Speaking of entering – if you want to enter the giveaway, just scroll to the bottom of this post and I wish you the best of luck!
Today I’m bringing you a super fun recipe for Minnie Mouse Cupcakes that are easy to make and perfect for a birthday party or an easy treat for the Mouse House lovers that you know!
I began making these cupcakes when I started volunteering for Cake 4 Kids. I’ve talked a little bit about my volunteer efforts, but just in case you’re new to the blog, I volunteer for this non-profit. As a baker, we make homemade birthday cakes, cupcakes, cookies and bars for local foster children.
The kids pick their “theme” and bakers choose what they want to bake and deliver. Admittedly, the requests I usually sign up for are a little more basic because I have a lot to learn when it comes to decorating, but I do my best!
One of my favorite items are Mickey and Minnie Mouse Cupcakes! They are fun and festive. They are not too hard to make or decorate and are guaranteed to bring a smile! Don’t you agree?
How to make Minnie Mouse Cupcakes!
I bake about three cakes/cupcakes a month and it’s fun and challenging. Another challenge is keeping my volunteer efforts affordable. I try not to purchase pre-made decorations because it can get expensive. Plus, the mission of Cake4Kids.org is to provide hand-made cakes and treats. Mine definitely have a personal touch!
Ingredient list for Minnie Mouse Cupcakes
- baked cupcakes
- red cupcake liners
- vanilla frosting
- pink food coloring
- Minnie Oreo cookies
- red candies
- iridescent sprinkles
I use a box mix to make all of the cakes and cupcakes. In this case, I used a red cupcake wrapper to bake them in, but if you use another color, that’s ok too. The red keeps it more themed.
Tips for making Minnie Mouse Cupcakes
- Use red or red polka dot cupcake wrappers.
- I recommend Wilton #12 – large round tip or #21 large star tip.
- Cupcakes must be completely cooled prior to decorating.
- No need to separate the Oreos.
- Refrigerate after decorating.
How to make Minnie Mouse Cupcakes
Making the cupcakes is really easy!
- Start with cupcakes that have been baked and cooled.
- Load the frosting in a large piping bag with a #12 tip.
- Add a small dollop of icing to the top of the cupcakes.
- Starting on the edges, work your way around the cupcake, finishing at the top with a swirl.
- Add the iridescent sprinkles to a small bowl.
- Turning the cupcake upside down, lightly press each cupcake into the bowl of sprinkles.
- Insert an Oreo for each ear and a red candy for the nose.
And Wa-la! They are done, just that easy!
Easy Minnie Mouse Cupcakes
More Mouse House inspired recipes!
Minnie Mouse Cupcakes
Fun Minnie Mouse Cupcakes are perfect for a birthday party! If the Mouse House is one of your favorites destinations then you'll definitely want to make these fun cupcakes to share!
- 12 vanilla cupcakes baked
- 4 cups buttercream frosting
- 24 Oreo cookies mini
- 12 red hot candies
- 1/2 cup iridescent sprinkles
Start with cupcakes that have been baked and cooled.
Load the frosting in a large piping bag with a #12 or #24 tip.
Add a small dollop of icing to the top of each cupcake.
Starting on the edges work your way around the cupcake finishing at the top with a swirl.
Add the iridescent sprinkles to a small bowl.
Turning the cupcake upside down lightly press them into the sprinkles.
Insert an Oreo for each ear and a red candy for the nose. Refrigerate until ready to serve!
Welcome to the Southern California Getaway Giveaway!
For almost three decades, Get Away Today Vacations has been helping families enjoy vacations with the lowest possible prices. You can save 20%-50% on your Disney vacations, plus lots of other destinations. They can help you book hotel accommodations, attraction tickets, car rentals, shuttles and even cruises.
We are so excited to partner with Get Away Today, to offer you all a chance to win a Southern California Vacation! The winner will receive a 2-night hotel stay in either Anaheim or San Diego, along with 2 adult 1-day tickets to SeaWorld San Diego or the Disneyland Resort. With Christmas right around the corner, it’s the perfect time to book (or win!) your surprise vacation. There’s no better gift than some fun in the sun or at the Happiest Place on Earth!
How amazing would it be if YOU were the winner?!?
12 Days of Christmas Disneyland Giveaway
Official Rules and Conditions: The winner will receive a 2-night hotel stay in either Anaheim or San Diego, along with 2 adult tickets to SeaWorld San Diego or the Disneyland Resort. Open to US residents to adults 18+. One (1) winner will be chosen. Prize must be claimed within 48 hours of announcement or a new winner will be drawn. Prize will be delivered by the sponsor: Getaway Today Vacations. All entries will be verified. This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Rafflecopter, SeaWorld San Diego, Disneyland Resort, or any other entity unless otherwise specified. Giveaway ends 12/24/2018. Enter using the widget below.
The Fine Print:
- Must be booked 60 days before travel dates.
- Booking process may take several days to complete.
- May not be valid during peak season (generally June-Aug). Not Valid during holidays, holiday weekends, and/or major conventions.
- Get Away Today must receive this completed certificate before any tickets or vouchers will be issued to the recipient.
- Good for a standard room at a hotel selected by Get Away Today. Based on hotel Availability. Not valid at the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort. May not be used in conjunction with any hotel special offers.
- Transportation is not included unless specified on this voucher.
- This vacation package may not be exchanged or extended beyond the expiration date.
- Additional hotel accommodations, attraction tickets and transportation can be purchased by the recipient (at the recipient’s cost) from Get Away Today.
- A $100 fee will be charged for changing check-in dates at the hotel once confirmation has been received.
- Vacation package may not be sold and is nontransferable. No Cash Value.
- Get Away Today is not responsible for loss, injury or damage related to its travel services.