You're going to love this super easy fall dessert, made with fresh apples and refrigerated dough. Easy to make Mountain Dew Apple Dumplings Recipe with Crescent Rolls are the perfect cozy fall dessert!
Next time try Cracker Barrel Fried Apples, YUM!!!
Why you'll love this recipe
✔️ This is such an easy dessert recipe!
✔️ The secret ingredient for this recipe.... a can of soda! It's that crazy? The carbonation in the soda pop acts as a leavening agent for baking this dish. The crescent rolls rise and brown; it's simple and delicious!
Be sure to have vanilla ice cream on hand because it's yummy served with this Apples Dumplings recipe!!
For the exact measurements, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Tart apples - you'll only need two. Large granny smith apples are my favorite, though you can substitute Pink Lady apples, Braeburn apples, McIntosh apples, Jonathan apples, Empire apples, and Cortland apples. Any tart, crisp apples.
- Crescent Dough - you'll need two cans of crescent roll dough.
- Brown sugar, butter, vanilla extract and cinnamon for the sauce.
- Soda pop - any citrus flavored soda will work! Can of Mountain Dew, 7-up, Squirt or Ginger Ale.
This is an overview of the instructions for this easy recipe. For the complete directions just scroll down to the bottom!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray, set aside
- Peel and core apples; cut each apple into 8 slices - you'll need 16 slices.
- Unroll each can of crescent rolls. Separate into 16 triangles.
- Place one slice of apple on the short side of the dough triangle. Roll to opposite point, the wide end of each crescent roll. wrapping dough around apple slice; place in pan.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, melt ¾ cup butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Add the vanilla. Pour mixture evenly over dumplings.
- Pour Mountain Dew in center and along edges of the pan. (Do not pour on top of dumplings.)
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 9x13 baking dish - I love the color of this dish; it's gorgeous!
Unfortunately no! But don't worry, now that you have this recipe, you won't need it!
No, the carbonation in soda acts as a leavening agent for baking this dish.
Yes, as it bakes, the soda pop combines with the butter and brown sugar and becomes a delicious, sweet sauce.
The citrus flavor of the soda compliments the cinnamon. It's a delicious combination!
If you're making the apple dumplings ahead of time, bake them and cover them loosely with foil. That way they'll still be warm when it's time to serve.
- No Mountain Dew? No problem! You can use Sprite, Ginger Ale, Squirt or 7-up. You can also diet sodas. I've made this with diet ginger ale and diet squirt as well.
- Adding baking caramel to each roll-up with the apple makes it extra special and adds rich flavor! Adding a few chocolate chips to each roll-up is also a super tasty variation.
- Sprinkle the top of the dumplings with raw sugar or dusting sugar will make the dumplings pretty and have a nice texture!
- I prefer the apples peeled but don't peel the apples if you'd prefer the texture.
Refrigerate - cover the Cracker Barrel Apple Dumplings with foil or store leftovers in an airtight container. They will last 3-4 days.
Cracker Barrel Apple Dumplings are terrific cold, but if you want to reheat them, they are even better!
To reheat: place in a baking pan covered with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until hot and heated through.
You know I love my apples and have some lovely fall recipes on the blog! Here are some of my favorites.
- Easy to make Gourmet Caramel Apples - these are AMAZING! And will be a real treat for your kids, big and small!
- Another fall favorite recipe is Crockpot Pumpkin Butter - the flavors is amazing, and the aroma as it cooks in your slow cooker is mouthwatering!
- THESE Cinnamon Apple Rings are so easy to make and delicious! Super fun as a side dish and gorgeous on your holiday table!
- Cherry Apple Pie - tender apples and cherries wrapped in a pretty crust. What's not to love?!!!
Serve with a scoop of ice cream - vanilla of course, it's the perfect combination!
This recipe is perfect for your Thanksgiving Menu! Be sure to add it to your recipe for an easy make-ahead dessert your family will love!
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
Mountain Dew Apple Dumplings Recipe
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples about 2 cups
- 2 cans refrigerated Crescent Rolls 8 Count
- ¾ cup butter melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup lemon-lime soft drink
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray, set aside
- Peel and core apples; slice apples - you'll need 16 slices total,
- Unroll dough; separate into 16 triangles.
- Place 1 apple wedge on the short side of the dough triangle. Roll to opposite point, wrapping dough around apple slice; place in pan.
- In small saucepan, melt butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Add the vanilla. Pour the sweet sauce evenly over the top of the dumplings.
- Pour soft drink in center and along edges of pan. (Do not pour on top of dumplings.)
- Place in the preheated 350 degree oven. Bake uncovered for 30 to 33 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve these sweet apple dumplings warm with a drizzle of the cinnamon pan sauce overtop with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Sign up for my recipes here!!Don't worry, we'll never share your email.
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!