Lemon Custard is an easy, elegant and affordable dessert! I don’t always enjoy sweet things (yes…I know I’m a freak!) but I really enjoy lemon because it’s a little tart and a little sweet, just a perfect treat!
You can find more lemony deliciousness below!
Lemon custard isn't just for a pie. It's a delicious sweet dessert - try this topped with some homemade whipped cream and lemon zest
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 lemons - 1 zested both juiced
- 3 eggs yolks slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 ½ cup hot water
- Mix sugar, cornstarch, flour, salt & hot water in sauce pan and heat to boiling, stirring constantly. When it begins to boil, continue cooking (and stirring!) for 2 minutes. It will thicken as it continues to cook and you stir.
- After two minutes, add a ladle of the hot mixture to the egg yolks, to warm the eggs, stirring again - then add all of the egg yolk mixture to the hot sauce pan. Add the lemon, zest & butter. Reduce heat to low & continue stirring & cooking for another two minutes.
- Place in pretty bowls for serving. Right before serving, top with a dollop of whipped cream & garnish with some lemon zest. Beautiful!