Homemade Meyer Lemon Curd Recipe is a bright burst of tart sunshine and easier to make than you think! Served with a dollop of whipped cream it’s a simple dessert that is easy to make.
Meyer Lemon Curd
A few weeks ago, my (great) niece Chloe turned 15. How could that be possible? Chloe is 15 and I haven’t aged a day.
At least in my mind anyway!
We met at Benihana’s, had a great meal and my brother Don brought me two big paper bags filled with lemons.
With one request…. that I make him something with them (which ended up being Orange Jelly – have you tried this yet? It is totally amazing!)
Anyway, I’ve been busy making all things lemon!
How do you eat Meyer lemons?
Lemons – savory or sweet, which do you prefer?
Meyer Lemon Curd Recipe
The first thing to know is Meyer lemons are special. They have a depth of flavor
Several ingredients thicken this curd – egg yolks, cornstarch and flour. They all combine to perfectly thicken the curd for a sweet treat!
No, because the curd contains eggs you’ll need to refrigerate any leftovers. Refrigerating the curd will also help thicken it as it cools.
This is a great make-ahead recipe. It will last 3-4 days in the refrigerated (usually not that long in her house!)
Yes, it can be frozen. Seal it well, after it’s cooled freeze immediately. It will last up to three months.
Best Lemon Curd Recipe
You can find more lemony deliciousness below!
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
AideStand Mixer (orange of course!)
- Pyrex 4-Piece Glass Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons – I love the shape of these because they fit into spice jars
If you post a photo, please tag me! I’d love to see your pictures! You can tag me with #bowlmeover or if you’re on Instagram use @bowl_me_over I can’t wait to see how yummy this turned out for you! I would love it if you gave this recipe 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 stars!!
Meyer Lemon Curd Recipe
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 lemons 1 zested, both juiced
- 3 eggs yolks slightly beaten
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 ½ cup hot water
- Mix sugar, cornstarch, flour, salt & hot water in sauce pan and heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- When it begins to boil, continue cooking (and stirring!) for 2 minutes. It will thicken as it continues to cook and you stir
- After two minutes, add a ladle of the hot mixture to the egg yolks, to warm the eggs, stirring again – then add all of the egg yolk mixture to the hot sauce pan.
- Add the lemon, zest & butter. Reduce heat to low & continue stirring & cooking for another two minutes.
- Place in pretty bowls for serving. Right before serving, top with a dollop of whipped cream & garnish with some lemon zest. Beautiful!