Pink Lemonade Cupcakes Recipe - Super sweet and pretty in pink these amazing cupcakes are moist and tender. Everyone's favorite they are bursting with fresh lemon flavor!
If you're a big fan of lemons, be sure to try this heavenly no bake lemon icebox pie recipe next, it's so easy to make and just delicious!
Why you'll love this recipe
✔️ Super moist these cupcakes are the perfect balance of sweetness and tangy lemon flavor.
✔️ Pretty in pink these are the perfect cupcakes for your summer gathering, brunch, birthday or baby shower!
✔️ Made from scratch these will be a hit for your next event or party and will certainly satisfy everyone's sweet tooth!
For the exact measurements, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- strawberry yogurt
- powdered sugar
- pink or red food dye and sprinkles (optional)
This is an overview of the instructions for the pink lemon cupcakes recipe. For complete directions, scroll down to the bottom!
- Preheat the oven.
- Mix together the dry ingredients, set aside.
- Add cupcake liners to the muffin tin.
- Using a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, vanilla
andyogurt mixing well.
- Next add the dry ingredients in two batches, mixing well between each addition.
- Finish by adding the lemon juice.
- Spoon batter into cupcakes liners and bake 18-22 minutes.
- for the frosting
- Cream the butter for two minutes.
- Add one pound of powdered sugar, salt and the juice of one lemon.
- Add heavy cream a tablespoon at a time until the frosting is the correct consistency.
- Place the buttercream frosting in a piping bag and frost the cooled cupcakes.
- Add sprinkles - tuck a lemon slice for garnish, enjoy!
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Several ingredients help keep cupcakes moist - eggs, yogurt, sour cream butter and pudding mix all help keep cupcakes tender and moist.
Here's a trick I've learned from all of my volunteer baking. Freeze the cupcakes after baking. Surprisingly enough, freeze the cupcakes before they are completely cooled. This will seal in the moisture and help keep them more tender!
Pink frosting is often strawberry, but in this case we're going to add a little lemonade and use pink food coloring or grenadine. That will also give it a pink hue.
Things to know
- Start with the BEST ingredients - for instance, don't take a shortcut and use lemon juice in a bottle be sure and use fresh lemons.
- Plan ahead and allow the eggs and butter to come to room temperature.
- Using an ice cream scoop to fill the muffin tins liners halfway. This will ensure all the liners are evenly filled and they will bake uniformly!
- Don't overmix the batter.
- Preheat the oven well.
- Zest the lemons for even more flavor. Add the lemon zest to the frosting and batter.
- Cool cupcakes completely before frosting!
- Fill the center of cupcake with lemon curd - it will be the most fluffy, moist lemon cupcake!
- Next time, add tart raspberries or if it's strawberry season, add some strawberry puree in the frosting! Just adjust the amount of powdered sugar accordingly.
- A couple tablespoons of lemon concentrate would really intensify the lemon flavor.
- Candy lemon slices make a pretty garnish!
Refrigerate - store cupcakes in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Freezer - cupcakes can be stored and frozen up to three months. Hold off decorating until you're ready to enjoy them!
- Better Than Sex Cake - you'll definitely want to give this a try, it's unbelievably moist and delicious. Perfect for a party or potluck.
- Strawberry Shortcake - learn my shortcut for the easiest strawberry shortcake - so sweet and good!
- Banana Pudding Cupcakes - topped with chantilly cream, these will satisfy your sweet tooth!
- Chocolate Bundt Cake - another favorite for the chocolate lovers!
Still looking to satisfy your sweet tooth? Check out 43+ Pink Party Food Ideas!
Pink Lemonade Cupcakes
- For the Cupcakes
- 1 cup butter softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ¾ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup strawberry yogurt
- 1 lemon juiced
- For the Frosting
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 pounds powdered sugar
- 1 lemon juiced
- pinch salt
- 2-3 tablespoon cream or whole milk
- optional garnishes - lemon slices, yellow straws, sprinkles
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Mix together the dry ingredients flour, salt, and baking soda - set aside.
- Add liners to the muffin pan - set aside.
- Using the paddle attachment on your mixer, cream the yogurt, butter, sugar and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Mix on low speed until combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Next, add the flour mixture and lemon juice, a little bit at a time, alternating and in a couple of batches. Scrape the bowl of your stand mixer with each addition. Mix until completely combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop, fill the liners with cupcake batter ¾ of the way full.
- Bake 18-22 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
For the pink lemonade buttercream
- Add the butter to the blender, cream well for two minutes, scraping down the sides once.
- Next add the powdered sugar, salt and lemon juice and begin mixing slowly. If you're using food dye, add it now along with the cream a tablespoon at a time until the frosting is the correct consistency.
- Add the pink lemonade frosting to a piping bag and frost the cupcakes.
- To decorate, slice a lemon and quarter it. I used a toothpick to secure to the side of the cupcake. A straw cut into thirds finishes the decorations
Sign up for my recipes here!!Don't worry, we'll never share your email.
Did you know June 13 is Cupcake Lovers Day? Yup! It's true!
That means I'm doing some baking and Dan's a happy guy - you know how he loves his sweets! Whether it's Minnie Mouse Cupcakes or Meyer Lemon Curd the man is always looking for a sweet ending to a meal. 😋
Man knows what he likes!
I've been working on these cupcakes for a while and so he's been doing some sampling.
When he came home tonight I had just finished photographing these amazing treats. He said, those are really pretty honey, are they for a foster family? (Because I do so much baking for Cake4Kids).
I said no, sweetie these are all for you! His smile said it all.