If you love sweet, creamy ice cream, boy have I got a treat for you! This Homemade Pistachio Ice Cream Recipe is over-the-top rich and easy to make. Everyone loves old-fashioned ice cream and this one is going to make everyone scream for more!
Pistachio Ice Cream Recipe
Today’s #SummerGrilling recipe has been sponsored by Torani, however, all opinions are my own. #ad #SummerGrilling #ToraniFlavor
It’s no secret than Dan is a lover of all things sweet! And what puts the biggest twinkle in his eyes is ice cream. Vanilla, Black Mission Fig or Strawberry Yogurt – he loves nothing better than a sweet treat at the end of a meal!
I think his favorite part is the paddle from the ice cream maker. Usually by the time he’s done there’s more than a little bit on his shirt, but he’s a happy guy!
When my folks visited my Mom and I made it again and boy did they like it too. In fact they liked it so much we ordered a case of Torani so they could make all kinds of ice cream at home! Yes…. the whole family loves this product!
Pistachios are big in the Central Valley and I was so excited to receive a care package with a container or Pistachio Syrup. When I opened the box I knew just what I was going to make!
Have you seen
This is a photo I took a couple of years back showing pistachios right before the harvest. When they are ready to harvest the skins on the outside turn a warm pink. They begin to break thru the outer shell. So beautiful!
And so delicious!
You know I could go on and on about how much I love pistachios, but instead… let’s talk ice cream!
Homemade Pistachio Ice Cream
Grocery list for Pistachio Ice Cream Recipe
- heavy cream
- whole milk
- sweetened condensed milk
- egg yolks
- pistachio syrup
- green food coloring – optional
What is the flavor of pistachio ice cream?
Good Pistachio Ice Cream will taste like the nuts.
What is the best pistachio ice cream?
Well that’s a silly question, you know I’m going to say this recipe right?!! 😋 There are some good store-bought options, but for homemade… look no further!
Why does this ice cream taste like cherries?
The best answer I have for you is because the flavoring you’re using is not correct. Often times pistachios are substituted for almonds, which is a much cheaper nut to produce. Use good quality flavoring and you’ll be enjoying pistachio ice cream!
Why is the ice cream green?
Inside the shell, pistachios are lightly green in color. However, it’s super light green. If your ice cream is green it’s from green food coloring. It will not be green naturally.
Pistachio Ice Cream Recipe
Steps to make Pistachio Ice Cream Recipe
Separate the eggs.
Whisk together the condensed milk, cream, milk and vanilla over medium heat – set a timer for 10 minutes and whisk continuously.
Slowly add the egg yolks. Continue to cook and whisk. The mixture will thicken slightly.
After 10 minutes, pour the custard into a large bowl and place it in the refrigerator. Refrigerate the custard, it must be completely cooled.
When you are ready to make the ice cream, process according to your machine’s directions.
Love Pistachios? Here are a few more recipes from the blog!!
- Honey Glazed Orange Salad with Pistachios
- Roasted Beet Orange and Pistachio Salad
- Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad Recipe
Amazon Disclosure: Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy.
Find Torani Pistachio Syrup Here or click here for a variety of available Torani products!
Tried it and love this recipe? I knew you would!! Please share your comments below along with a five-star rating, you’ll make my day!
Be sure to tag me on Instagram @bowl_me_over or #bowlmeover – so I get to see all of your great pictures!!
Before you go, be sure to scroll down and enter the giveaway – I’d love it if one of my readers won!!!
Pistachio Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup Pistachio Syrup Recommend Torani
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Separate the eggs - reserving the whites for another use.
- In a saucepan, whisk together the condensed milk, cream, milk and vanilla. Place over medium heat. Set your timer for 10 minutes and whisk continuously.
- Slowly add the egg yolks, one at a time. Continue to cook and whisk. Do not allow it to boil. Whisk the entire time. The mixture will thicken slightly.
- After 10 minutes is complete, pour the custard into a large bowl and place it in the refrigerator. Refrigerate for at least four hours - the custard must be completely cooled.*
- When you are ready to make the ice cream, prepare the machine. Process according to your machine's directions - mine took about 40 minutes.
- Shell and roughly chop the pistachios while the ice cream is processing. When the ice cream maker stops stir in the chopped nuts.
- Depending upon your machine you may need to freeze it longer, but why wait?!! We enjoy ours as soon as it's done!!
Sign up for my recipes here!!Don't worry, we'll never share your email.
Enter the #SummerGrilling Giveaway!
Official Rules and Conditions for the #SummerGrilling Giveaway: Official Rules and Conditions for the #SummerGrilling Giveaway: One grand prize winner will receive a prize package including:
- iGrill Mini Grilling Thermometer from BBQGuys
- Case of Cornbread Crisps from Farmer’s Pantry
- Indoor Searing Grill from Hamilton Beach
- Stella High Ball Glassware from Joy Jolt
- Best Seller Collection from The Spice House
- 1 Year Supply of Syrups from Torani
- $100 via PayPal
Open to US residents 18+. One (1) winner will be chosen. Prize must be claimed within 48 hours of announcement or a new winner will be drawn. Prize will be delivered electronically. All entries will be verified. This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Rafflecopter, or any other entity unless otherwise specified. Giveaway ends 5/18/2019. Enter using the widget below. Comment each day for even more chances to win!