Filled with great flavor, this delicious Roasted Beet Salad combines crunch, creaminess and sweet flavor from fresh oranges!
Next time try this Garden Salad Recipe!
Why you'll love this recipe
✔️ Loaded with fruits and vegetables.
✔️ Filled with amazing flavor!
✔️ Purchase pre-roasted beets and this is a simple salad! It's easier to make than you think!
- fresh beets - you can use red beets, golden beets, roast them yourself or even buy pre-roasted beets!
- olive oil
- shelled pistachios - pine nuts would be delicious too.
- creamy goat cheese if you'd like, substitute feta cheese or blue cheese.
- salad greens
- salt and pepper
- champagne vinegar
- Shell the pistachios.
- Segment the oranges. Begin by cutting off the top and bottom off so they stood upright easily.
- Then working around the orange, cut off the peel and white pith of the orange.
- Next carefully cut out each segment of the orange. Save the pulp for juice for the dressing.
- Place beets, greens, oranges, pistachios and crumbled goat cheese on a serving platter.
- Place the salad dressing ingredients in a small mason jar, shake well. Dress the salad, serve and enjoy!
Instructions to roast beets
- If you haven't roasted beets before, it's super easy. Just clean them and snip off the greens.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Then place them in a heavy cast iron skillet or baking sheet tightly covered with aluminum foil.
- Bake in 400 degree preheated oven for about 40 minutes. (The timing depends on the size of the beets). They are done when a thin knife can easily pierce the beet.
Beets pair well with just about any vegetables. Creamy avocado, crunchy radishes and cucumbers. Great with bitter greens like endive or kale, equally delicious with spinach!
Yes, finely grated beet are delicious in a salad.
Steamed or roasted is the healthiest way to eat beets.
Yes, most grocery stores stock preroasted beets. Look in the vegetable section of your store.
Look how lovely this Beet Goat Cheese Salad is! Don't you feel like you're eating the rainbow?
Full of delicious flavors and crunch, Roasted Beet Orange and Pistachio Salad is gorgeous and amazingly healthy too! This one is easy - I hope you enjoy!
- Heirloom Tomato Salad - so fresh and bright!
- Greek Coleslaw Recipe - filled with crunch and loaded with goodness.
- Southwest Salad - a light green salad, such a nice side dish.
Beet Salad Recipe
- Salad Ingredients
- 6-8 beets
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 oranges
- ¼ cup pistachios shelled
- 1 ounce goat cheese crumbled
- 8-10 cups salad greens
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- juice of the orange
- 1 shallot chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Just clean the beets well and snip off the greens - drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Then place them in a heavy cast iron skillet tightly covered with foil. Into the oven they go - 400 degrees for about 40 minutes (the timing depends on the size of the beets). They are done when a thin knife can easily pierce thru the beet. Remove from the oven and when cool carefully peel the skin off the beet and slice thinly.
- While the beets are roasting, shell the pistachios. You'll need about ¼ cup. Roughly chop them, place in a bowl and set aside.
- Next, peel the oranges - with a sharp knife cut the top and bottom off so they stand upright easily. Then working around the orange, cut off the peel and white pith of the orange. Then carefully cut out each segment of the orange. Reserve the remaining orange flesh for the salad dressing.
- Arrange your greens, oranges, beets, pistachios and crumbled goat cheese.
- For the salad dressing combine all of the ingredients except the olive oil and whisk together to combine. Then slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking continuously. Top the salad, serve and enjoy!
Sign up for my recipes here!!Don't worry, we'll never share your email.
What I love about living in the Central Valley in California is the abundance of produce available year round, it's amazing what a visit to the farmer's market offers! Now that I've been here in Fresno a couple of years, I can tell you there is such an abundance of varied fruits and vegetables available all year long! Spring offers up fruit like apricots, peaches and cherries.
Summer time is filled with berries like strawberries, blueberries, artichokes and melons - fall brings all kinds of nuts, pistachios & squash (just to mention a few), winter - oranges, lemons, pomegranates, the list goes on and on.
Here's a picture of pistachios that I took last year at sunset, right before harvest. On a side note, did you know that the pistachio crop is so valuable that it's guarded when harvest time comes around? Amazing! Here's a great video showing pistachios being harvested.
I've prepared for you a beautiful, crunchy salad that I know you will enjoy!
p.s. Roasting beets is easy but....if roasting beets is too much (and there are days that it is!) or you don't have the time, you can purchase pre-roasted beets at your local grocery store. Look in the fresh produce section (not canned). Don't worry - no judgement! 😀 Give this one a try you're going to love this tasty salad - Roasted Beet Orange and Pistachio Salad