This is the best salad; so refreshing, crunchy, and delicious! Easy-to-make Greek Coleslaw is the perfect choice for a family dinner, cookout, or bbq. Loaded with colorful veggies, this mayo-free salad is a great twist on the traditional coleslaw recipe.
Why you'll love this recipe
This salad is the perfect side dish with loads of vegetables and tangy flavor.
✔️ Mayo-free, it's great for hot days, summer bbq's and cookouts!
✔️ It's the perfect way to sneak some extra veggies in your diet. This tangy, crunchy salad will wake up your taste buds!
✔️ Easy to make - we love this salad!
Don't get me wrong, I do love mayonnaise. But I appreciate fresh bright taste really enhances flavors, rather than covering them up.
For the exact measurements for the easy coleslaw recipe, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- fresh cabbage - green cabbage or purple cabbage shredded or use a coleslaw mix.
- canned chick peas - rinsed and drained.
- english cucumbers
- cherry tomatoes
- red onion or green onions
- kalamata olives or black olives
- diced red bell peppers, green bell pepper or a mixture of your favorites.
- tangy peperoncini
- salty feta cheese
- Greek salad dressing - make your own using extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar, garlic, and seasonings. Or use store-bought Greek salad dressing.
Greek coleslaw instructions
This is an overview of the instructions. For the complete directions just scroll down to the bottom!
- Shred the white cabbage. Add to a large bowl.
- Dice the cucumber, slice the olives and cherry tomatoes. Dice the red pepper and onions. Chop the peperoncini.
- Add all of the chopped vegetables to the bowl with the shredded cabbage and mix well.
- Add about ½ cup of Greek vinaigrette mix again. Top with crumbled feta cheese.
- Season with kosher salt and black pepper if desired. Serve and enjoy!
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- cutting board - these cutting boards are great and inexpensive.
- this is my favorite chef's knife - I'm a big fan of Zwilling knives. Yes they are more expensive, but I've had two of my knives for over 20 years. Worth every penny!
A few different types of slaw are carrot slaw, apple slaw and broccoli coleslaw - YUM!
The short answer is nothing! It's the same thing.
Jazz it up with shedded carrots, purple carrots, craisins or raisins.
Things to know
- Save yourself time and grab a bag of pre-shredded slaw, just be sure to check the expiration date.
- Finishing with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice helps to brighten all the flavors.
- Leftovers make a great vegetarian sandwich! It's an easy light lunch and/or an option for your vegetarian friends too.
- Using pre-shredded cabbage makes this salad super easy. The edition of shredded red cabbage and shredded carrots makes it pretty.
- Use classic coleslaw dressing or Greek yogurt dressing for creamy dressing.
- Make creamy slaw dressing by using non-fat plain Greek yogurt. You'll still have a healthy coleslaw recipe!
- Add your favorite fresh herbs like fresh parsley or dill. This will be even yummier!
- Top with cooked chicken breast for a complete meal.
Refrigerate - store the greek slaw in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to three days.
- This recipe for Mexican Coleslaw is so bright and fresh!
- A BLT Pasta Salad is always a great choice for your cookout!
- Citrus Salad a perfect bright and fresh salad with a yummy homemade salad dressing.
- Teriyaki Noodles - these are so easy to make and slurpy delicious!
- Fall Harvest Salad - this combines all the best flavors!
- Steakhouse Salad is just like your favorite salad at Mariano's in Chicago. Full of crunch and delicious!
- This is terrific with bbq Korean chicken, or top off your chicken tacos, delicious!
- I love this with BBQ Tri Tip Recipe or a great teriyaki marinated steak - yum!
- Great with hot dogs or grilled brats!
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Mayo-Free Greek Coleslaw
- ½ head cabbage shredded
- 1 14.5 oz can chick peas drained and rinsed
- ½ english cucumber no need to peel, just dice
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- ¼ cup red onions or scallions use your favorite
- ¼ cup kalamata olives sliced in half
- ½ bell pepper diced
- ¼ cup peperoncini chopped
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbled
- ½-3/4 cup Greek salad dressing homemade or store-bought
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Slice the cabbage in half. Wrap one of the halves and return it to the fridge. Remove the core from the cabbage you're using and also remove any brown outer layers. Chop or shred the cabbage. Add to a large bowl.
- Prepare the remaining vegetables. Dice the cucumber, slice the olives and cherry tomatoes. Dice the red pepper and onions. Chop the peperoncini.
- Add all of the chopped vegetables to the bowl and mix well.
- Add about ½ cup Greek vinaigrette mix again. Top with crumbled feta cheese. Serve and enjoy!
- Don't worry, this is just as crunchy and delicious on day two! The green cabbage stays crunchy and delicious!
Sign up for my recipes here!!Don't worry, we'll never share your email.
Am I alone in thinking all coleslaw's were bathed in mayonnaise? I thought that for the longest time. How about you? But all coleslaws are not alike! Coleslaw can be so much more AND much better for you too!
I don't think Dan has ever met a coleslaw he doesn't like! (For those of you new to the blog, Dan is my hubby! 💑) If we are out for dinner I'd put money on him ordering coleslaw whenever it's available.
So just like Dan and I getting hitched - I married coleslaw and greek salad! (Yes, after I typed it, I realized how corny that sounds, but I'm going with it!)
Me, I like coleslaw too but I enjoy Greek salads and this is evidenced by some of the recipes I already have here on the blog like my Quinoa Greek Salad - so yummy! Or my classic Greek Salad recipe. Greek salad is so easy anyone can make it, you know this if you watched my Facebook live last week (shameless plug to get you to tune in Wednesdays at 2pm pacific time! 😂)