Homemade salad dressing is 100 times better than store-bought salad dressing, and cheaper too! With all the flavor, why not make your own? Follow these easy step-by-step instructions to make this sweet balsamic dressing. It's the perfect balance for your salad and will quickly become your favorite vinaigrette!
Whether you're making a great Steakhouse Salad or a pasta salad homemade salad dressing from scratch makes all the difference in flavor and taste!
Why you'll love this recipe
Have you ever made your own salad dressing? I admit it, sometimes I cheat and use store-bought. But why??? This sweet balsamic vinaigrette recipe is my
✔️ It's fresh.
✔️ It's easy to make and uses real ingredients.
✔️ It tastes a ton better than store bought.
- Balsamic Vinegar - pro tip! Buy good quality vinegars. They range in price from a few bucks to over a hundred dollars - eek! The moral of the story? Buy the best you can afford without breaking the budget!
- Olive Oil - good olive makes all the difference. Extra-virgin olive oil is my first choice and they vary in flavor from fruity to peppery - choose the flavor you enjoy.
- Soy Sauce - I often choose soy sauce over salt because I like the depth of extra flavor it offers.
- Dijon Mustard - I use Grey Poupon often or a grainy mustard. Again, just make sure you like the flavor before adding it to your dressing. Most people consider this ingredient optional in balsamic vinaigrette, but I always add it as it really enhances the flavor and also helps the emulsion process.
- Sweeten with a little brown sugar, touch of honey, agave, maple syrup or white s
ugar. You won't need much added sugar, just a little sweetness.
- Black Pepper - love that peppery bite!
Easy enough, right? In fact you'll probably have all of these ingredients in your refrigerator and pantry!
This is an overview of the instructions for this easy recipe. For the complete directions just scroll down to the bottom!
- Add all of the ingredients to a resealable or mason jar.
- Shake vigorously.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Pyrex 4-Piece Glass Measuring Cups
- Squeezable Vinaigrette Bottle
- Measuring Spoons - I love the shape of these because they fit into spice jars
There are several uses for good balsamic vinegar! In addition to your favorite salad dressing, it's perfect
Yes, refrigerate leftover salad dressing.
Yes, but it has a long shelf life, it can also up to five years.
It can make your throat raw if you drink it straight, but hey...we're not talking about doing that!
Refrigerate - Store leftovers in an airtight container. This Simple Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe will last up to 5 days refrigerated.
- Thousand Island Salad Dressing - homemade is so simple with ingredients you already have on hand.
- Blue Cheese Salad Dressing - perfect for a salad or for dipping chicken wings.
- Poppy Seed Salad Dressing - you'll love how easy this is to make and how much better it tastes than store bought!
- Southwest Salad - I originally created this recipe specifically for this salad. It's the perfect combination of flavors!
- Fresh Garden Salad - yum, yum, yum - another great green salad!
- Antipasto Pasta Salad - even with this rich salad, the flavors of the dressing go perfectly.
- Tomato Salad - it's perfect with the balsamic dressing recipe.
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Sweet Balsamic Dressing
- 3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Add all of the ingredients to a screw top jar - give it a good shake.
- If a jar isn't available, pour ingredients into a small bowl, whisk to combine .