Antipasto Pasta Salad – All the flavors of your favorite Antipasto Platter in a salad! Big flavors with just a little work. So delicious – super easy, really a meal in itself or a great side dish at a barbecue. If you like a great salad with tons of flavor, this is an excellent choice and an easy salad.
I know it’s been quiet from me this week…but like everyone else…life catches up with you every now & then, right? We had a wonderful long weekend, a great 4th of July, followed up by a volunteer day at Bass Lake, Ca.
My hubby organized a rubbish pick-up after the three day week at the lake. We focused on a 1/4 mile stretch of the lakeshore, day-use area and road and picked up all the trash. As you can imagine after a fun filled three day weekend…we were busy!
No matter what Dan or I do, I think we always have fun and that’s what’s life’s all about…right? This is a quick 3 minute video, shows the pretty lake and and trees that have been affected by the drought and pine beetle.
Ok…enough of my excuses…right? Back to the yummy stuff! Pasta, prosciutto, salami, tomatoes, olives, figs and artichoke hearts…Everything that you would have on a Antipasto Platter, but instead as a bowl of pasta – with a souper easy and delicious homemade salad dressing!
Keeping it easy and delicious, I’ve taken a couple of shortcuts with some jarred artichoke hearts, jarred giardiniera and from the deli, copa salami, dry salami & prosciutto – big flavor, little work! You’ll just need to boil some pasta and chop some tomatoes for a perfect easy salad or light dinner. Me….we’re taking this on a picnic – heading off to do some kayaking and this will be great for lunch! I guess I’m still on a bit of a break…but hey – life is to short to spend all of your summer in the kitchen…right? 😀
Antipasto Pasta Salad this salad contains all the flavors of your favorite Antipasto Platter but in a salad! Big flavors with just a little work. So delicious and super easy, this really is a meal in itself or a great side dish at a barbecue. If you like a great salad with tons of flavor, this is an excellent choice and and easy to make!
Antipasto Pasta Salad
- 1 12 oz box rotini pasta
- 6 oz package dry salami cota salami & prosciutto (or 6 oz. or your fav Italian deli meat), sliced, combined
- 1/4 cup black olives
- 1/2 cup giardiniera mix
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 4 oz jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup dried figs tip removed and sliced into bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Italian Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning (dried)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions to al dente. Drain well and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process. Drizzle with olive oil & seasoning salt. Mix well & refrigerate until cool.
- While the pasta is cooling, slice the deli meat into small bite sized pieces. Chop the olives & tomatoes, slice the artichoke hearts also. Drain the giardiniera and chop also. Lastly cut the tips off the figs & discard. Chop them into small bite sized pieces.
- Add all the pasta and the rest of the ingredients to a salad bowl and top with the salad dressing.
- Instructions - salad dressing - Add all of the ingredients to a screw top jar. Shake well to combine. This dressing will keep well in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.