Sweet strawberries and tender shortcake are always the perfect combination, topping it with cream takes it over the top! This recipe for easy strawberry shortcake takes 10 minutes from start to finish. It’s simple and delicious!
This giveaway has been sponsored in part by Torani however all opinions, as always are my own. Giveaway ends July 30, 2018. #ToraniSummerGiveaway #Torani
You guys know strawberries are totally my jam, right? They are my favorite fruit even though as a kid, I picked strawberries to earn money. That’s how I bought my piano and my first car! Still…. I’ve never met a strawberry recipe I didn’t like.
The recipe I’m sharing today is the laziest of strawberry shortcake recipes. BUT it’s the only way I serve strawberry shortcake!
So today we’re talking shortcake AND a great giveaway! Drumroll please…..
One lucky winner is going to receive a 1-year supply of Torani products!
This amazing giveaway is brought to you by Torani, and the following bloggers:
So I spent some time thinking how we are going to enjoy the yummy products from Torani and decided upon Strawberry Shortcake, because this is something we eat all summer long!
Let me show you my shortcuts, but first here’s what you’re going to need from the store.
Shopping list for easy strawberry shortcake
- Torani Strawberry Syrup (I used sugar free)
- Cool Whip
Cornbread? Yes! Golden, slightly sweet cornbread makes the perfect shortcut and it’s just delicious! Want to know another secret? (Picture me whispering!!) I use store bought cornbread and store bought whipped cream! Why not?
This is how Mom makes strawberry shortcake, so yes…. you could call me lazy, BUT I’m handing down a tried and true family recipe! 😉
This is the only way I make strawberry shortcake now!
So, don’t be stuffy and turn your nose up. Cornbread is naturally sweet and makes the BEST shortbread you’ve ever tried. The combination is amazing, I love it and I know you will too!
Steps to make easy strawberry shortcake
- Clean the berries, remove the stems and thinly slice
- Add the berries to a bowl. Top with a guzzle of Torani Strawberry Syrup
- Give the berries and syrup a good mix.
- Slice the cornbread in half, top with strawberries and whipped topping. Top with the second piece of cornbread, repeat.
Done! Quick, simple and delicious!
How to pick good strawberries
- Buy local if possible. If the strawberries are shipped in, they will be several days old before you see them in the stores.
- Organic strawberries may not be uniform in size or shape but they will have better flavor.
- Choose berries that are deep red in color. Color equals flavor. Unlike other fruit strawberries do not continue to ripen after being picked.
- Visit your local farmers market and choose fruit that is in season.
- Do not choose berries with even the slightest bit of mold on them. They may not even last a single day!
I confess, this is really the laziest of desserts. Yes… you can make fresh whipped cream. In fact, you could still put this together in about 10 minutes. But another shortcut – I use whipped topping or ice cream!
Enjoy this yummy dessert! Keeping it simple will keep you outa the kitchen and enjoying time with family and friends! AND Wow then with a great dessert!
Love your strawberries? Me too! Here are a few more great recipes with strawberries!
Strawberry Brownie – Bowl Me Over
Red White and Blue Strawberry Shortcake Trifle – An Affair from the Heart
Italian Cream Cake with Strawberries – Restless Chipotle
Amazon Disclosure: Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy.
See that little yellow bowl in the background? That’s a stackable group that I really love and use all the time. You can find it here – Confetti Mixing Bowls
Love this recipe? Please leave a comment with a five star rating below, or pop me a note. I love hearing from you! If you make this, be sure to tag me on Instagram @bowl_me_over
Easy Strawberry Shortcake
Easy Strawberry Shortcake
- 1 cup strawberries cleaned and sliced
- 1/4 cup Torani Strawberry Syrup I used sugar free
- 2 servings cornbread
- whipped topping
- Clean the berries, remove the stems and thinly slice the berries.
- Add the berries to a bowl. Top with a guzzle of strawberry syrup. Mash the berries and syrup together.
- Slice the cornbread in half, top with strawberries and whipped topping. Add a second layer and repeat with berries and whipped topping.
Enter the #ToraniSummerGiveaway
Official Rules and Conditions for the this giveaway: One winner will be receive a 1 year supply of Torani syrups (12 bottles) Open to US residents adults 18+. One (1) winner will be chosen. Prize must be claimed within 48 hours of announcement or a new winner will be drawn. All entries will be verified. This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Rafflecopter, Amazon, or any other entity unless otherwise specified. Giveaway ends July/30/2018. Bloggers are not responsible for the delivery of the prize.
a Rafflecopter giveaway