These are the tastiest easy dinner rolls that are simple, tender and delicious! Freshly baked rolls are easier than you think using this simple shortcut!
My Grandma made dinner rolls for dinner every night. They were always hot and fresh out of the oven, perfectly timed for an evening meal.
Whether we were feeding 10 or 25, she never took a shortcut by using store bought rolls... or so I thought!
It wasn't until I was in my 40's that I realized Grandma used frozen rolls! Seriously? If it worked for my 98-year-old Grandma, then it definitely works for me!
Grocery list for Easy Dinner Rolls
- frozen dinner rolls
- garlic powder, Italian seasoning
Yes, you can spend hours making the dough - and for those folks that do that - hands off! Many of my colleagues have AMAZING recipes for homemade bread like this recipe from Plattertalk for Crusty Homemade Bread and Italian Dinner Rolls from All Our Way. Freshly baked bread, ahhhh! Glorious!
If you're looking for an easy shortcut, here's how easy frozen dinner rolls are to make AND they are delicious!
Step by Step Directions to make Dinner Rolls
What does it mean to proof dough?
Proofing the dough is the final rise of the dough prior to baking. In this recipe, you'll wait for the dough to thaw and proof. This takes about three hours. The dough will double in size.
If you don't allow the dough to proof completely, the rolls will be tough and heavy. Allowing the rolls to rise will keep them light and fluffy!
What is the best way to proof dough?
- Allow it to sit on the counter in a warm area until it doubles in size.
- Frozen dough can be placed in the baking vessel, covered, and placed in the refrigerator overnight.
- Placing the dough in a slightly warm oven can hasten the proofing process also!
How to make Easy Dinner Roll Recipe
- Butter the cast iron skillet.
- Place the frozen dough in the buttered skillet.
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise.
- Baste with butter prior to baking and bake until golden brown.
- After removing from the oven, baste with the remaining butter.
Love easy shortcuts? Be sure to try this recipe for sticky buns with frozen bread dough next!
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. I am also an affiliate for other brands. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. Disclosure Policy.
I absolutely love this Cast Iron Skillet - I think you will too!
Easy Dinner Roll Recipe
Easy Dinner Rolls
- 12 frozen dinner rolls
- 4 tbsp butter divided
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Using 1 tablespoon butter, generously butter the inside of a cast iron skillet.
- Place the frozen dinner rolls in the buttered skillet about 2 inches apart.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm area. Let rise until doubled in size, about three hours.
- Before baking melt the butter and stir in the remaining spices. Generously brush onto the uncooked rolls.
- Bake according to package directions until golden brown.
- When the rolls are removed from the oven, brush with the remaining butter. Serve while hot and enjoy!