Do you love delicious garlic bread? Well, then you're going to love this recipe! This side dish is simple to make and it's loaded with gooey cheese and delicious garlic flavor. Even the little kids will love the cheesy goodness!
Next time try the Cheesy Pizza Hut Breadsticks - easy to make with store-bought dough!
Why you'll love this recipe
✔️ 10 minutes prep!
✔️ Easy and simple dish that pairs well with most meals.
✔️ If you love cheesy bread, this is a must-try!
Please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post for the exact measurements.
- bread loaf - you can use a loaf of French bread, Italian bread or Ciabatta bread
- softened butter
- parmesan cheese
- 6-7 garlic cloves - if you'd prefer, substitute ¾ teaspoon garlic powder.
- salt and black pepper
- , fresh parsley
This is an overview of the instructions for this easy recipe. For the complete directions just scroll down to the bottom!
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice the loaf of bread into 8-10 slices.
- In a small bowl, mix butter with the parmesan cheese, minced parsley, chopped fresh garlic, salt and pepper.
- Liberally slather the herb butter on each side of the bread. If there's any leftover garlic mixture, spread it over the top of the loaf.
- Wrap the loaf of bread in aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes. Unwrap the top of the bread and. bake for an additional 5 minutes to brown the bread. Delicious!
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Yes, you can! Just make sure the bread has cooled completely to room temperature. Wrap each slice in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place it all in a freezer bag. It will keep for up to 3 months.
Store any leftover bread in an air-tight container and keep it refrigerated. It will stay fresh for up to 5 days.
Just pop it in the oven at 350 degrees for 5 to 7 minutes or until it is warm again.
- Make sure you slice the bread into thin slices and pile on as much butter and cheese as you want!
- Though this might seem like a lot of garlic, but it's the perfect amount for a loaf of bread!
- Make sure that you uncover the top of the bread for the last few minutes of baking so that it gets nice and crispy.
- Garlic bread goes well with most Italian dishes. It's a perfect side dish to serve with spaghetti, lasagna, or any other pasta dish!
- This bread is best served warm and toasty for a fresh taste.
- The easiest way to slice the bread loaf is with a serrated knife.
- You can add any of your favorite pizza toppings to the bread like pepperoni for pizza bread!
- Mozzarella cheese, Monterey jack cheese, or even pepper jack cheese, would make this cheesier!!!
- If you love spicy foods add some jalapeno or cayenne pepper to add a little kick to this dish.
- Brush the baguette with just a touch of olive oil for an especially crispy loaf.
- Top this loaf with extra fresh parsley for additional flavor.
This bread is best served fresh but can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Cheesy Pizza Hut Breadsticks are doughy, cheesy, and full of garlic flavor.
- Skillet Cornbread is warm, sweet, and buttery, making for a great side dish with many different meals.
- These Rolls from Frozen Dough are easy to serve with your favorite entree.
- This Air Fryer Garlic Bread Recipe is crispy outside with tender buttered bread in the center!
More French bread ideas
Leftover French bread is terrific atop Homemade French Onion Soup!
This would be amazing as a base for homemade pizza bread too.
- This would be fantastic served with this Sheet Pan Low Country Shrimp Boil.
- Frito Pie Casserole served with a side of garlic bread, YUM!
- A great salad would be amazing as well. Outback Wedge Salad is a simple and fresh side dish that is restaurant quality at home.
- It's wonderful served with your favorite soups like potato soup or busy day soup - a definite must-serve!
- Butter Cake is dense, gooey, and a simple way to end a delicious meal at home with your family.
I've added some new items to the store. Be sure to check out my Amazon storefront for more of my favorite products! 🛍️
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Garlic Cheese Bread Recipe
- ½ cup softened butter
- ¾ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 6-7 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup minced parsley
- 1 loaf French or Ciabatta bread
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice the loaf of bread into 8-10 slices.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the softened butter with the parmesan cheese, minced parsley, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- Liberally slather the compound butter on each slice. If there's any remaining garlic butter, spread it over the top of the loaf.
- Wrap the loaf of bread in aluminum foil and place on baking sheet. Bake for 20-26 minutes.
- Unwrap the top of the bread and bake for an additional 5 minutes until the top of the bread is golden brown.