Do you love garlic bread? Well, then you're going to love this recipe for garlic-stuffed cheesy bread. This dish is simple to make and it's loaded with gooey cheese and delicious garlic flavor. The entire family is going to love a slice (or two!).
Next time try the Cheesy Pizza Hut Breadsticks - easy to make with store-bought dough!
Why you'll love this recipe
✔️ 10 minutes prep!
✔️ Easy and simple dish that pairs well with most meals.
✔️ If you love cheesy bread, this is a must-try!
For the exact measurements, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- French bread, Italian bread or Ciabatta bread
- softened butter
- parmesan cheese
- 6-7 garlic cloves - if you'd prefer substitute ¾ teaspoon garlic powder.
- salt and black pepper
- fresh parsley
This is an overview of the instructions. For the complete directions just scroll down to the bottom!
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice the loaf of bread into 8-10 slices.
- In a small bowl, mix butter with the parmesan cheese, minced parsley, chopped fresh garlic, salt and pepper.
- Liberally slather the butter mixture on each slice. If there's any leftover garlic mixture, spread it over the top of the loaf.
- Wrap the loaf of bread in aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes. Unwrap the top of the bread and. bake for an additional 5 minutes to brown the bread. Delicious!
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Knife and cutting board
- Small mixing bowl
- Aluminum foil
Yes, you can! Just make sure the bread has cooled completely to room temperature. Wrap each slice in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place it all in a freezer bag. It will keep for up to 3 months.
Store any leftover bread in an air-tight container and keep it refrigerated. It will stay fresh for up to 5 days.
Just pop it in the oven at 350 degrees for 5 to 7 minutes or until it is warm again.
- Make sure you slice the bread into thin slices and pile on as much butter and cheese as you want!
- Though this might seem like a lot of garlic, but it's the perfect amount for a loaf of bread!
- Make sure that you uncover the top of the bread for the last few minutes of baking so that it gets nice and crispy.
- Garlic bread goes well with most Italian dishes. It's a perfect side dish to serve with spaghetti, lasagna, or any other pasta dish!
- This bread is best served warm and toasty for a fresh taste.
- You can add any of your favorite pizza toppings to the bread like pepperoni for pizza bread!
- If you love spicy foods add some jalapeno or cayenne pepper to add a little kick to this dish.
- Top this loaf with extra fresh parsley for additional flavor.
This bread is best served fresh, but it can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Cheesy Pizza Hut Breadsticks are doughy, cheesy and full of garlic flavor.
- Skillet Cornbread is warm, sweet, buttery and makes for a great side dish with so many different meals.
- These Rolls from Frozen Dough is an easy side that serve with your favorite entree.
- This recipe for Air Fryer Garlic Bread Recipe is crispy on the outside with tender butter bread in the center - it's delicious!
More French bread ideas
Leftover French bread is terrific atop Homemade French Onion Soup!
This would be amazing as a base for homemade pizza bread too.
- This would be fantastic served with this Sheet Pan Low Country Shrimp Boil.
- Frito Pie Casserole served with a side of garlic bread, YUM!
- A great salad would be amazing as well. Outback Wedge Salad is a simple and fresh side dish that is restaurant quality at home.
- Butter Cake is dense, gooey and is a simple way to end a delicious meal at home with your family.
I've added some new items to the store. Be sure to check out my Amazon storefront for more of my favorite products! 🛍️
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Garlic Stuffed Bread
- ½ cup softened butter
- ¾ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 6-7 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup minced parsley
- 1 loaf French or Ciabatta bread
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice the loaf of bread into 8-10 slices.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the softened butter with the parmesan cheese, minced parsley, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- Liberally slather the compound butter on each slice. If there's any remaining garlic butter, spread it over the top of the loaf.
- Wrap the loaf of bread in aluminum foil and place on baking sheet. Bake for 20-26 minutes.
- Unwrap the top of the bread and bake for an additional 5 minutes until the top of the bread is golden brown.