Leftover garlic bread is transformed into tomorrow's dinner when you make this easy French Bread Pizza! Top with your favorite toppings, this is perfect for pizza night!
Next time try this recipe for CPK BBQ Chicken Pizza!
Why you'll love this recipe
✔️ This is a great opportunity to repurpose leftovers - big win!
✔️ You'll love this easy recipe it makes the most delicious pizza.
✔️ This is a great option for an easy dinner recipe and a ton tastier than frozen pizza!
For the exact measurements for this delicious french bread pizza, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Large loaf of French bread or a loaf garlic bread - bottom half only
- spaghetti or pizza sauce
- assorted topping of choice - pepperoni slices, cooked Italian sausage, onions, mushrooms, olives, bell peppers.
- Mozzarella cheese
This is an overview of the instructions. For the complete directions just scroll down to the bottom!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Lay the bread out on a large baking sheet.
- Spread with spaghetti or pizza sauce.
- Add toppings - sliced green peppers, mushrooms and olives. Top with pepperoni and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 25 minutes until the bread is crunchy and the cheese is ooey, gooey, melted!
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You can use French bread, Italian bread, sourdough bread, Naan or garlic bread.
Absolutely, sausage or ground beef should be cooked first before adding it to the pizza bread.
You aren't limited! You can use any toppings that you enjoy on traditional pizza.
Things to know
Use this recipe to make your own homemade pizza sauce, it's actually a marinara sauce, but it totally does double-duty. It's the most flavorful sauce!
If you'd prefer to make the pizza dough, this is my favorite homemade dough recipe.
Add your favorite pizza toppings!
- add a sprinkle of Italian seasoning or pinch of red pepper flakes for heat.
- caramelized onions
- fresh basil
- Canadian bacon and fresh pineapple
- Use this shredded chicken recipe for bbq chicken pizza. Add a few tablespoons of buffalo sauce and turn it into a buffalo chicken pizza.
- Substitute Monterey Jack cheese for the mozzarella - yum!
- Sprinkle on some parmesan cheese - delish!
Refrigerate - Leftover should be refrigerated. Cover with plastic wrap or place in an airtight container. Refrigerate up to three days.
Reheat - Reheat leftover pizza by placing in the oven at 400 degrees until cheese is melted or by reheating in the air fryer for 4-6 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Vegetarian Pizza Bombs - use marinara a dunker for these little gems!
- Quick, Easy Homemade Pizza - this one uses frozen bread dough and it's delicious!
- Supreme Pizza Soup - all your favorites in a bowl of soup!
- I love quick and easy, like this recipe for Air Fryer Quesadillas - yum!
- Prefer to make your own French bread? Give this French Bread Recipe a try, it's delicious and super easy to. make.
Keep it simple and serve your French bread pizza with a caesar salad. Grab a bagged one and dinner will be done!
For dessert this make-ahead Butterscotch Pudding Recipe is amazing, enjoy!
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
French Bread Pizza Recipe
- One loaf garlic bread - bottom half only
- 2 cups spaghetti or pizza sauce
- assorted topping of choice - pepperoni sausage, onions, mushrooms, olives, bell peppers - whatever toppings your family prefers.
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Lay the bread out on a cookie sheet, spread with spaghetti or pizza sauce. Spread toppings on liberally and top with cheese. Bake in preheated oven for about 25 minutes until the bread is crunchy and the cheese is ooey, gooey, melted!
Sign up for my recipes here!!Don't worry, we'll never share your email.
Ok....I hesitate calling this a recipe, so it's more of a "what to do you when have leftover bread & spaghetti sauce" kinda thing.
You know....when you're
too busy, too tired, don't feel like cooking or sick with a cold (yes, still fighting it!) day. I'm sure you can relate to at least one of these right? It's been almost two weeks and I'm finally coming up for air, ugh!
Anyway this is a great meal when you want to be lazy or it's just the two of you. We enjoy having a slice of bread with dinner, but rarely eat the whole loaf.
And I don't know about you, but with the price of food, I hate throwing away food.
When I do purchase a loaf of bread, we'll eat the top half and save the bottom for pizza bread - a little leftover sauce - about two cups will do it, and then just pile on the fixings.
What are your favorite toppings? Here we used onions, mushrooms, pepperoni, red peppers and some cheese. Into the oven it went at 400 degrees for about 25 minutes.
The key is to get the bread super crunchy, because it's so thick.
My Mom used to make this for us when we were kids. You can make loaded pizzas or keep it veggie - whatever your family prefers. Plus you don't have to go thru the hassle of making dough.
This is a super easy 30 minute meal!