Easy Pizza Bread
Next time try this recipe for CPK BBQ Chicken Pizza!
Ok....I hesitate calling this a recipe, so it's more of a "what to do you when have leftover bread & spaghetti sauce" kinda thing. You know....when you're
too busy, too tired, don't feel like cooking or sick with a cold (yes, still fighting it!) day. I'm sure you can relate to at least one of these right? It's been almost two weeks and I'm finally coming up for air, ugh!
Anyway this is a great meal when you want to be lazy or it's just the two of you. We enjoy having a slice of bread with dinner, but rarely eat the whole loaf. And I HATE seeing things going to waste (only to waist right?! 😀 ). When I do purchase a loaf of bread, we'll eat the top half and save the bottom for pizza bread - a little leftover sauce - about two cups will do it, and then just pile on the fixings - like this!
What are your favorite toppings? Here we used onions, mushrooms, pepperoni, red peppers and some cheese. Into the oven it went at 400 degrees for about 25 minutes. The key is to get the bread super crunchy, because it's so thick. My Mom used to make this for us when we were kids. You can make loaded pizzas or keep it veggie - whatever your family prefers. Plus you don't have to go thru the hassle of making dough - super easy 30 minute meal.
More tasty pizza recipes!
Easy Pizza Bread #30MinuteMeal
- One loaf garlic bread - bottom half only
- 2 cups spaghetti or pizza sauce
- Assorted toppings - pepperoni sausage, onions, mushrooms, olives, bell peppers - whatever toppings your family prefers.
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Lay the bread out on a cookie sheet, spread with spaghetti or pizza sauce. Spread toppings on liberally and top with cheese. Bake in preheated oven for about 25 minutes until the bread is crunchy and the cheese is ooey, gooey, melted!
Sign up for my recipes here!!Don't worry, we'll never share your email.
Gotta love that!