So delicious and fun to make, you'll love this better than take-out Quick and Easy Homemade Pizza Recipe! No need to spend all day making dough, use these easy shortcuts and make your own pizza pie!
Easy to Make Pizza Recipe
Today’s post is sponsored by Barlean's, Hamilton Beach, and Rhodes Bread as well as Crispy Green, and The Spice House. However, all opinions are my own. #ad #Back2School
Pizza was a BIG DEAL when I was a kid.
We lived out in the country so it wasn't like we could hop in the car, drive into town and bring home dinner. And delivery? That just didn't happen back then!
I'm dating myself again huh? 😆
Our house was the place all the kids gathered for sleepovers. And New Year's Eve? All the kids from the church would come and the goal of course was to stay up all night long!
Mom and Dad would set up games in the garage. We had a shuffleboard and ping pong table. Dad was the King of ping pong. He could beat everyone.
Mostly because he'd all of us giggling. Then he'd say we weren't enough of a challenge so he'd take off his shoe and use that for a paddle and he'd STILL beat everyone!
I always wondered why they would want all those kids at their house? Were they gluttons for punishment? Or perhaps they were super smart. They always knew where their children were right? This lasted until we both graduated from High School!
While Dad was in the garage leading the charge, Mom would be in the kitchen making buckets of popcorn and this easy homemade pizza recipe, because who could stay up all night without pizza and popcorn?!!!
Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe
There's a secret for keeping this simple and easy - Mom's shortcut was using frozen bread dough for pizza crust! Brilliant huh?!!
It's hard enough feeding 15-20 kids as it is without taking some easy shortcuts! I have some great recipes using frozen dough on the blog, if you haven't tried them yet, be sure to check out easy dinner rolls recipe and sticky sweet pull apart cinnamon rolls, yum!!!
Now we're going to take that same frozen dough to make our pizza pie!
Grocery list for Easy Pizza Homemade Pizza Recipe
- The crust - I use Rhodes frozen bread dough, it's an easy shortcut saving you tons of time!
- The sauce - you can make your own pizza sauce (this recipe would be delicious!) or hey... no judgement! If you use store bought sauce, my suggestion to to buy a good quality.
- The cheese - mozzarella of course! This is not the time to use preshreded cheese. It's dry and doesn't melt well. Don't skimp on the cheese either, pile it on!
- The toppings of choice! I used roasted red peppers, red onions and green peppers, topped with vine rippened fresh tomatoes!
What is the best temperature to cook homemade pizza?
When using bread dough I recommend baking pizza dough at 375 degrees. The baking time will vary if you use a pizza stone or baking sheet. Personally I prefer using a pizza stone.
Do you bake pizza crust before putting toppings on?
Yes, this is a thick crust and I recommend pre-baking this crust.
How long do you cook a pizza in the oven?
You'll start by pre-baking the crust 10 minutes, add the toppings and bake again for 14-16 minutes.
Why is my pizza soggy?
Pizza can be soggy for several reasons. With a thick crust you'll want make sure you prick the crust with a fork prior to baking, this will eliminate bubbles and help the crust cook more evenly.
If you're adding mushrooms, artichokes or other canned items be sure they are well drained. Blot with a paper towel to remove excess water.
The number one reason your pizza is soggy .... because the oven isn't hot enough!
Optional Toppings for Easy Homemade Pizza Recipe
- marinated artichokes
- Canadian bacon
- roasted red peppers
- bell peppers
- and always.... plenty of cheese!
How to make Homemade Pizza Pie
Here are more tasty pizza recipes to try!
Don't these recipes sound delicious? Another you may want to try is Parmesan Herb Pizza Bread - I can only imagine how amazing the aroma of this no-knead bread must be as it's baking!
What's your favorite combination of toppings for your pie?
- You'll need a great knife for all of this slicing and dicing! Click here for the knives I use and recommend.
- Here's an affordable set of cutting boards for the kitchen.
When you make this please comment below and let me know what you think! I'd love it if you tag me on Instagram @bowl_me_over or #bowlmeover - so I can see your photos!
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Easy Homemade Pizza Recipe
Easy Homemade Pizza Recipe
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- ½ green bell pepper diced
- ½ cup red onion diced
- ½ cup roasted red pepper cut into slices
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Start by thawing the dough - follow the directions on the package
- When thawed preheat your oven to 375 degrees. If you're using a pizza stone preheat it in the oven.
- Roll and stretch the dough and place it on your baking sheet
- Prick the dough with a fork several times. This will keep the dough from bubbling.
- Brush the crust with olive oil, be sure to hit the edges! Sprinkle with seasoning.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- After prebaking the crust, build the pie. Add sauce first, then top with shredded cheese and vegetables. Return to the oven and bake for 12-18 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown and the crust is crispy. The baking time will vary depending if you're using a pizza stone or baking sheet.
- Remove from the oven and top with fresh sliced tomatoes!
Sign up for my recipes here!!Don't worry, we'll never share your email.
#Back2School GiveawayThe giveaway includes the following prizes:
- Omega Pal's Prize Pack from Barleans
- 1 item (winner's choice from featured products) from Hamilton Beach
- Cookbook and coupons from Rhodes Bread
- 4 six-pack bags of Crispy Fruit snacks (mixed flavors) from Crispy Green
- Best Sellers Collection Gift Box from The Spice House
- Freezable Lunch Bag + Mod Lunch Bento from PackIt