This is my favorite recipe for the holidays! It’s the easiest turkey recipe and makes the most moist and tender bird every time.
No oven? No problem! Grab this recipe slow cooker turkey breast with stuffing. Perfect for a smaller gathering.
- onion, carrots and butternut squash
- chicken broth
- salt, pepper, ground cloves and ground nutmeg
Easy Turkey Recipe
- 1 18-20 lb Turkey
- 6 cups root vegetables – I use onion, carrots and butternut squash
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees
- Clean & chop the root vegetables into large pieces. Put them into a large roasting pan and put the turkey on top.
- Mix together the butter and spices – salt, pepper, cloves & nutmeg. With clean hands, run the butter spice mixture all over the turkey, inside & out. Separate the skin from the breast meat and get it in there also.
- Mix together the wine and chicken broth and pour it over the turkey. Cover the turkey very tightly with aluminum foil and bake in a preheated 500 degree oven as follows;
- First half hour: 500 degrees
- Second half hour: 450 degrees
- Third half hour 400 degrees
- Turn heat down to 350 and continue cooking for one hour. Remove the foil. Baste turkey as it continues to cook. It will take about 1 ½ hours more for a 20 lb. turkey.
- Allow to rest for at least a half hour, covered with aluminum foil. Remove the root veggies from the pan and you have a delicious side dish! Carve the turkey & enjoy!