Bow Tie Pasta Salad Recipe is crunchy with lots of delicious Italian seasonings and tons of fresh vegetables. Perfect for cookouts or a potluck because there’s no mayo. Using a shortcut with salad seasoning and salad dressing it packs big flavor. It’s a family favorite and I’m sure it will be your favorite too! I’m excited to share with you this and more Bow Tie Pasta Salad Recipes!
This easy bow tie pasta salad is one of my most popular recipes on my blog. It’s a recipe my sis-in-law Alice shared a couple of years ago and since we are headed into barbecue season – it’s definitely a recipe that deserves to be shared again!
It’s that good!
AND…It’s that easy enough to put together too!
Step-by-step directions to make Bow Tie Pasta Salad
- prepare the pasta according to package directions, drain well and cool
- chop the tomatoes
- thinly slice the green onions and bell peppers
- drain the roasted red pepper and chop
- drain the artichoke hearts and dice.
- now add the remaining ingredients and toss everything together well
- add all of the ingredients to a large bowl
- sprinkle with the salad seasoning and add the salad dressing, mix to combine
- cover tightly and refrigerate at least 6 hours before serving
Is pasta healthy?
Some pasta is healthier than others. If you’re watching your carbs or want to add more protein to your diet be sure to choose whole grain pastas to get the most nutrition in each bite. Additionally watch your portion sizes!
Since the first of the year Dan and I committed to losing weight. Dan has lost 25 and I’ve lost 18 pounds. We still enjoy the foods we love, we’ve just been very conscious to portion food appropriately.
Is pasta salad bad for you?
It doesn’t have to be! Choose a pasta salad with a light vinaigrette rather than a pasta laden with a heavy mayonnaise dressing will help you enjoy a delicious portion guilt free!
More pasta salad recipes from the blog;
- Southern Style Ham Pasta Salad – Salty ham and feta cheese are mixed with bright, crunchy vegetables and al dente pasta.
- Antipasto Pasta Salad – All the flavors of your favorite Antipasto Platter in a salad! Big flavors with just a little work.
- Artichoke Avocado Pasta Salad -Another great salad for a cookout or bbq as it doesn’t contain any mayonnaise and it is so delicious and flavorful!
- Tuna Pasta Salad – tuna, pasta, salty parmesan cheese and olives with crunchy veggies brought together with a creamy dressing. This salad is a meal until itself!
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy.
Items you made need to make this salad –
Calphalon Contemporary Hard-Anodized Aluminum Nonstick Cookware, Pasta Pot with Steamer Insert – I have been using the same set of Calphalon cookware for 25 years!
Stainless Steel Colander – great for draining the pasta.
- Mixing Bowl Set – This is the set I have and I love them, the bright colors are so pretty, plus they are light and easy to handle when they are full of food.
Bow Tie Pasta Salad Recipes that are perfect for summertime bbq’s, cookouts, potlucks and family gatherings. Crunchy fresh vegetables, tangy dressing and delicious pasta combine to make salads to enjoy year round!
Bow Tie Pasta Salad Recipes
Bow Tie Pasta Salad Recipes
Bow Tie Pasta Salad Recipe - Crunchy with lots of delicious Italian seasonings no mayo, it's perfect for a cookout, barbecue or potluck!
- 1 32 oz. box Bow Tie Pasta
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- 1 bell pepper green or red - use your favorite
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1/2 cucumber cut in half and then quartered and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper
- 3 oz. jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons Johnny's Salad Elegance seasoning salt or or McCormick's Salad Supreme Seasoning*
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups Italian Salad Dressing
- Prior to serving check the seasonings - you may need to add a bit of salt depending upon which seasoning spice you use. If needed add about 1/2 teaspoon of salt and mix to combine.
Cook the bow tie pasta to al dente in boiling salted water. Remove drain well and allow to cool.
Thinly slice the onions - both the white and green parts, bell pepper, slice the cherry tomatoes and cucumber.
Drain the roasted red pepper and chop.
Drain the artichoke hearts and dice.
Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl. Sprinkle with the salad seasoning and add the salad dressing. Mix to combine well again. Cover tightly and refrigerate at least 6 hours before serving.
Prior to serving, stir well and check seasoning. You may need to add a touch of salt and/or additional salad dressing.
Can be served cold or at room temperature.
**additional add-ins include chopped fresh spinach, edamame, olives or radishes - if you like it and it's crunchy don't be afraid to toss it into this pasta salad!
More Bow Tie Pasta Salad Recipes
Strawberry Spinach Pasta Salad – The Foodie Affair
Cranberry Feta Bowtie Salad with Spinach – The Recipe Critic
BLT Pasta Salad – Life in the Lofthouse
Farfalle with Pepperoni, Mozzarella and Broccoli – Garlic and Zest
Italian Bowtie Pasta Salad – Simply Scratch