Succulent, savory and tender this Easy Slow Cooker Roast Beef Recipe cooks all day long. If you’re looking for supremely tender roast beef, look no further. With only 10 minutes of prep your crock pot does all the work for you. Fork-tender meat with it’s own gravy! This post has been updated from October 2017 to improve reader experience.
Thank you to Hamilton Beach for sponsoring today’s recipe and giveaway. #ad #HamiltonBeach #SlowCookerB2Sgiveaw
I’m excited to bring you this recipe today! Hands down the BEST roast beef recipe I’ve ever developed and darn near ever eaten! Kid you not!
This is the kind of meal when your hubby, wife, kids (you fill in the blank) comes home and says what is that amazing aroma? Is dinner ready? Let’s eat NOW!!!
Yup and you get to take all the credit, but you know what’s even better? 10 minutes of prep and your work is done! And only four ingredients. Trust me this is the perfect weeknight meal!
Grocery list for Easy Slow Cooker Roast Beef Recipe
- Beef Roast
- Beef Consumme’ Soup
- French Onion Soup
- Dry French Onion Soup Mix
Yup four ingredients that’s it!
What cut of beef is the most tender for roast?
Chuck roast – either boneless or bone-in. The boneless will be more expensive. The bone-in less expensive but will have even more flavor from the bone. They are also called Top-Blade or Chuck 7-Bone Roast.
Top Loin, Bottom or Top Round are also good choices. Brisket offers big beefy flavor also.
How do you choose the best beef?
That’s a great question! We don’t eat a whole lot of roasts in our home and because I don’t shop for it very often, I will call my folks often even face-timing my Mom so she can help me pick out good meat – true story! But here’s what I’ve learned over time.
- when possible choose organic grass-fed beef
- shop from a local butcher or meat market
- marbling is good!
Do you have to brown a roast before putting it in the crockpot?
Have you heard the phrase brown food tastes good? Brown equals flavor and if you have the opportunity to brown a roast prior to putting it in the slow cooker great! With this recipe it’s just not necessary! Even better, right?!!!
How long do I cook roast beef in a slow cooker?
- Cook on high for eight hours.
How to make Easy Slow Cooker Roast Beef Recipe
- Place the roast in the slow cooker.
- Pour beef consume soup and french onion soup over the roast.
- Sprinkle with the dry onion soup mix.
- Cover and set temperature on high.
More Yummy Slow Cooker Recipes
- Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Soup
- Slow Cooker Santa Fe Chicken Bowl
- Kauai Pulled Pork Sandwich
- Crock Pot Hot Chocolate with Confetti
And if you’re more in the mood for something super fancy, how about Prime Rib Dinner – boy is this good beef!
Remember at the beginning I talked about this being a giveaway? Well here’s the skinny!
Back to School Slow Cooker Giveaway
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy.
Thank you to Hamilton Beach for sponsoring the back to school slow cooker giveaway. This giveaway is also brought to you by Juggling Act Mama, Doodlecraft, Second Chance to Dream, Life a Little Brighter, My Life as Robin’s Wife, Ever After in the Woods, I Love My Disorganized Life, Bowl Me Over, and Walking on Sunshine Recipes. Not only is the lucky winner going to get receive at Hamilton Beach 6 Quart Programmable Slow Cooker, but he or she is also going to receive a prize pack with the following items:
The Hamilton Beach 6 Quart Programmable Slow Cooker, has some amazing features:
- Thermometer probe for precise results
- Set it and forget it® with cooking modes featuring automatic keep warm
- 3 program choices for easy, automatic cooking: Probe, Program and Manual
- Spill-resistant travel— the lid quickly seals in place with the clip-tight gasket lid
- Full-grip handles make carrying heavy meals easier
- 6 quart oval crock is the perfect size for a 6 lb. chicken or 4 lb. roast
- Wraparound, even heat cooks food evenly and consistently
- Removable, dishwasher safe oval stoneware crock & lid
- Power interrupt protection – keeps slow cooker on during a brief power outage
- Backed with a one-year warranty
Easy Slow Cooker Roast Beef Recipe
Easy Slow Cooker Roast Beef Recipe
Easy Slow Cooker Roast Beef Recipe - It takes no effort to make fork tender delicious and flavorful roast beef when it's made your slow cooker!
- 4 pound to 4 1/2 boneless chuck roast
- 1 10 1/2 oz can of Beef Consommé
- 1 10 1/2 oz can of French Onion Soup
- 1 packet dry Onion Soup Mix I used Lipton Onion Soup Mix
Place the roast in the slow cooker.
Pour beef consume soup and french onion soup over the roast. Sprinkle with the dry onion soup mix.
- Cover and set temperature on high - your meal will be done in 8 hours.
Official Rules and Conditions for the this giveaway: One winner will be receive a Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker along with a prize pack valued at approximately $100. Open to US residents adults 18+. One (1) winner will be chosen. Prize must be claimed within 48 hours of announcement or a new winner will be drawn. All entries will be verified. This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Rafflecopter, Amazon, or any other entity unless otherwise specified. Giveaway ends 9/12/2018. Bloggers are not responsible for the delivery of the prize.