Succulent, savory and tender this Easy Slow Cooker Roast Beef Recipe cooks all day long. If you're looking for supremely tender roast beef, look no further. With only 10 minutes of prep, your crock pot does all the work for you. Fork-tender meat with
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
I'm excited to bring you this easy slow cooker roast beef reicpe! Hands down the BEST roast beef recipe I've ever developed and darn near ever eaten! Kid you not!
This is the kind of meal when your hubby, wife, kids (you fill in the blank) comes home and says what is that amazing aroma? Is dinner ready? Let's eat NOW!!!
Yup and you get to take all the credit, but you know what's even better? 10 minutes of prep and your work is done! And only four ingredients. Trust me this is the perfect weeknight meal!
- Beef Roast - chuck roast, beef round or brisket are all great choices for this reicpe.
- Beef Consomme' Soup
- French Onion Soup
- Dry French Onion Soup Mix
Yup four ingredients that's it!
This is an overview of the instructions. For the complete directions just scroll down to the bottom!
- Place the roast in the slow cooker.
- Pour beef consume soup and french onion soup over the roast.
- Sprinkle with the dry onion soup mix.
- Cover and set temperature on high.
Chuck roast - either boneless or bone-in. The boneless roast will be more expensive. The bone-in less expensive, but will have even more flavor from the bone. They are also called Top-Blade or Chuck 7-Bone Roast.
Top Loin, Bottom or Top Round are also good choices. Brisket offers big beefy flavor also.
That's a great question! We don't eat a whole lot of roasts in our home and because I don't shop for it very often, I will call my folks often even face-timing my Mom so she can help me pick out good meat - true story! But here's what I've learned.
when possible choose organic grass-fed beef
shop from a local butcher or meat market
a little marbling is good!
Have you heard the phrase brown food tastes good? Brown equals flavor and if you have the opportunity to brown a roast prior to putting it in the slow cooker great! With this recipe it's just not necessary! Even better, right?!!!
Cook on high for eight hours.
I love a simple meal for dinner. The slow cooker roast beef recipe is perfect for Sunday supper or an easy weeknight meal!
Serve this with the steakhouse salad recipe - so fabulous with loads of fresh flavor and great crunch! Mashed potatoes are definitely in order along with Roasted Brussels sprouts. YUM!!! What a great meal!
More of my favorite easy one pot meals are Chicken and Potatoes - easy to make and delicious every time! Stuffed Bell Pepper Casserole - easy to make and without all the hassle of stuffing the peppers! And another favorite is Chicken and Zucchini Skillet meal - so yummy!!!!
I hope you really enjoy this crockpot roast beef with onion soup mix recipe. Super tender and delicious every time!
Now there are several great slow cooker meals on the blog like Crockpot Chicken and Gravy. Juicy, tender chicken that makes its own gravy - delicious! Here are a few more:
- Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Soup
- Slow Cooker Santa Fe Chicken Bowl
- Easy Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff
- Kauai Pulled Pork Sandwich
- Crock Pot Hot Chocolate with Confetti
Easy Slow Cooker Roast Beef Recipe
- 4 pound to 4 ½ boneless chuck roast
- 1 10 ½ oz can of Beef Consommé
- 1 10 ½ oz can of French Onion Soup
- 1 packet dry Onion Soup Mix I used Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- Place the roast in the slow cooker.
- Pour beef consume soup and french onion soup over the roast. Sprinkle with the dry onion soup mix.
- Cover and set temperature on high - your meal will be done in 8 hours.
Sign up for my recipes here!!Don't worry, we'll never share your email.
First published October, 2017 - Last Updated June1, 2021