Succulent, savory and tender this Easy Slow Cooker Roast Beef Recipe cooks all day long. If you're looking for supremely tender pot roast recipe, look no further. With only 10 minutes of prep, your crock pot does all the work for you. Fork-tender meat with
This recipe is perfect for Sunday dinner and makes such a flavorful roast! It's a meal the whole family will love!
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
I'm excited to bring you this easy slow cooker roast beef reicpe! Hands down the BEST roast beef recipe I've ever developed and darn near ever eaten! Kid you not!
This is the kind of meal when your hubby, wife, kids (you fill in the blanks) comes home and says what smells so good? Is dinner ready? Let's eat NOW!!!
Yup and you get to take all the credit, but you know what's even better? With so little effort, it's a breeze to prepare! And only four ingredients. Trust me this is the perfect weeknight meal!
This classic pot roast is a meal the entire family will love! The slow cooker roast beef recipe is perfect for Sunday supper or dinner tonight!
For the exact measurements, for the slow cooker pot roast recipe please refer to the card at the bottom of this post.
- Beef Roast - chuck roast, beef round, rump roast, top round roast or brisket are all great choices for this reicpe.
- Beef Consomme' Soup
- French Onion Soup
- Dry French Onion Soup Mix
Yup four ingredients that's all there is for this crock pot roast recipe!
This is an overview of the instructions. For the complete directions just scroll down to the bottom!
- Place the roast in the slow cooker.
- Pour beef consume soup and french onion soup over the roast.
- Sprinkle roast with the packet of onion soup mix.
- Cover and set temperature on high.
- When the pot roast is done, save enough liquid to make gravy! The pan juices also make a terrific base for beef soup!
- Place on serving platter and top with a ladle of pan juices or gravy.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
This is the slow cooker I use - it's a workhorse and I've had it for years!
Chuck roast - either boneless or bone-in. The boneless roast will be more expensive. The bone-in less expensive, but will have even more flavor from the bone. They are also called Top-Blade or Chuck 7-Bone Roast.
Top Loin, Bottom or Top Round, Rump Roast are also good choices. Brisket offers big beefy flavor also.
That's a great question! We don't eat a whole lot of roasts in our home and because I don't shop for it very often, I will call my folks often even face-timing my Mom so she can help me pick out good meat - true story! But here's what I've learned.
when possible choose organic grass-fed beef
shop from a local butcher or meat market
a little marbling is good!
Have you heard the phrase brown food tastes good? Brown equals flavor and if you have the opportunity to brown a roast prior to putting it in the slow cooker great! With this recipe it's just not necessary! Even better, right?!!!
Cook on high heat for eight hours. Or on low heat for 12 hours.
If you'd prefer, sear this roast on the stovetop. Place a large skillet or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Sear the top of the roast, flip and sear the underside. Place in the slow cooker as directed.
Serve this with the steakhouse salad recipe - so fabulous with loads of fresh flavor and great crunch! Mashed potatoes are definitely in order along with Roasted Brussels sprouts. YUM!!! What a great meal!
More of my favorite easy one pot meals are Chicken and Potatoes - easy to make and delicious every time! Stuffed Bell Pepper Casserole - easy to make and without all the hassle of stuffing the peppers! And another favorite is Chicken and Zucchini Skillet meal - so yummy!!!!
I hope you really enjoy this crockpot roast beef with onion soup mix recipe. Super tender and delicious every time!
There are several great slow cooker recipes on the blog like Crockpot Chicken and Gravy. Juicy, tender chicken that makes its own gravy - delicious! Here are a few more easy recipes:
- Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Soup
- Slow Cooker Santa Fe Chicken Bowl
- Easy Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff
- Kauai Pulled Pork Sandwich
- Crock Pot Hot Chocolate with Confetti
Easy Slow Cooker Roast Beef Recipe
- 4 pound to 4 ½ boneless chuck roast
- 1 10 ½ oz can of Beef Consommé
- 1 10 ½ oz can of French Onion Soup
- 1 packet dry Onion Soup Mix I used Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- Place the roast in the slow cooker.
- Pour beef consume soup and french onion soup over the roast. Sprinkle with the dry onion soup mix.
- Cover and set temperature on high - your meal will be done in 8 hours.