Tender morsels of beef, sweet onions and earthy mushrooms all combine in the slow cooker to make easy crock pot Beef Stroganoff! This classic recipe typically reserved only for special occasions is transformed into an easy weeknight meal!
Easy Beef Stroganoff Crockpot
I’m excited to share with you this recipe! It’s going to check off all the boxes.
- made in the crockpot!!
See, right? My slow cooker recipes have been a big hit lately! Like Crockpot Paella, Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup and this recipe for
A while back I had the opportunity to review a colleague’s cookbook and this is the recipe I decided to share. Though the book is no longer in print, you can still find her amazing recipes here: The Magical Slow Cooker.
Pork, Chicken, Beef, Dessert or Soup Recipes – if you love the slow cooker, this is the website for you!
Crockpot Stroganoff Recipe
Only five ingredients to make this delicious meal!
Ingredients for Easy Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff
- stew meat – choose good quality meat and dice your own beef cubes
- onion – thinly sliced
- mushrooms – fresh mushrooms add an earthy, meaty flavor
- gravy packets – easy seasoning in a packet!
- rice or egg noodles – whichever is your favorite.
What is the best cut of meat for this recipe?
The store sells pre-cubed beef stew meat, but I don’t recommend purchasing the diced meat. Often times its not the best cut of meat. Here’s what I recommend:
- sirloin steak – an affordable cut and you can easily dice the beef and remove the fat
- chuck roast – well-marbled, just trim off the fat
- brisket – great flavor and the longer it’s simmered the more tender it gets.
- rump roast – another great affordable cut
What is stroganoff sauce made of?
The vegetables, beef and gravy packet combine to make a delicious sauce finished with sour cream – it’s delicious!
What goes with Easy Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff?
Traditionally this meal is served over rice or egg noodles. Use whichever you’d prefer!
How do you keep the sour cream from cuddling when using the slow cooker?
It’s simple, you’ll wait to stir it in until the end. That way it won’t curdle.
What wine would go with stroganoff?
This meal is delicious enough to serve for company and wine would be excellent to serve alongside.
Choose a light fruity red, that will pair best with this meal. A
Sour Cream Beef Stroganoff
Steps to Make Easy Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff
- trim the meat and dice into one inch cubes
- slice the onions and mushrooms
- add the meat, onions and mushrooms to the crockpot
- top with gravy mixed with water
- add the lid and cook on low for eight hours
- finish by stirring in sour cream
- serve over rice or egg noodles
The meat comes out tender, succulent and savory!
After adding the sour cream and combining, check the seasonings. Depending on the seasoning mix in the gravy packets you may want to add a dash of salt & pepper at the end to suit your taste.
There was plenty here for 6+ servings, just depending on how large the servings were.
Leftovers were transformed into a soup. I added all the leftovers, beef stroganoff
More of my favorite Beef Crockpot Recipes!
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
This is the slow cooker I have and recommend. You can use the manual version or programmable. It’s easy to use and affordable.
If you post a photo, please tag me! I’d love to see your pictures! You can tag me with #bowlmeover or if you’re on Instagram use @bowl_me_over I can’t wait to see how yummy this turned out for you!
Easy Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff
Sour Cream Beef Stroganoff
- 2 lbs cubed beef
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms sliced
- 2 0.87 packages brown gravy mix use the dry gravy packets
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- Cooked egg noodles or steamed rice and additional sour cream for serving.
- Remove any excess fat from the meat. Dice into one inch cubes.
- Slice the onion and mushrooms.
- Add the stew meat, onions, and mushrooms to the slow cooker.
- Whisk the gravy mixes with the water in a small bowl; pour over the ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Stir in the 1 1/2 cups sour cream and ladle the stroganoff sauce over the noodles or rice.