Classic Beef Stroganoff with Mushroom Soup is a dish that tastes great and is very simple to make. It's pure comfort food! This creamy dish makes for a delicious weeknight dinner.
Next time try this Creamy Beef Noodle Casserole - AMAZING!
Why you'll love this recipe
✔️ Creamy and delicious.
✔️ One pot recipe means fewer dishes to clean up!
✔️ Like the Cowboy Cornbread Casserole, this is an easy recipe, perfect for weeknights and will quickly become a family favorite!
Traditionally this recipe uses boneless beef chuck steak and takes hours of cooking time. This short-cut meal is ready in about 30 minutes!
For the exact measurements for the quick beef stroganoff recipe, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- lean ground beef - substitute ground turkey, ground pork or chicken if you'd prefer.
- egg noodles - macaroni, penne pasta, whole wheat egg noodles, really you can use any type of noodles you have on hand!
- canned or fresh button mushrooms (I used canned and kept this a pantry recipe.)
- medium onion - white onion, yellow or red onion.
- cream soup - cream of mushroom soup - golden mushroom soup would be amazing in this recipe as well.
- evaporated milk - substitute whole milk if desired. It won't be as creamy, but still tasty!
- Montreal steak seasoning or dried French onion soup mix would also add great flavor.
- cheddar cheese, pepper jack or even mozzarella cheese.
This is an overview of the instructions. For the complete directions just scroll down to the bottom!
- Preheat the oven. Spray baking dish by spreading with non stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Boil noodles as per package instructions, drain well.
- Brown ground beef, drain excess oil if desired. Season with Montreal Steak seasoning. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes until the onions are soft.
- Add the mushroom soup and evaporated milk to the meat to make a creamy sauce.
- Next add the noodles, stir well and mix everything together.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish, cover and bake for until hot and bubbly.
- Broil for 3-5 minutes or until the top of the dish is browned. Enjoy!
- 9x13 casserole dish
- large dutch oven or large skillet
I don't recommend it, because you need the flavor from the mushroom soup to make this dish tasty.
Yes, you can use any type of noodles in this dish. I recommend using wide flat pasta if you are not using egg noodles.
It is a savory and creamy flavor, with a slight hint of mushroom taste.
- If your sauce is too thick, thin it out using beef broth or heavy whipping cream.
- Cook the noodles to al dente to prevent them from becoming mushy.
- Evaporated milk makes this hearty casserole creamy, but milk will work if you prefer.
- If you love extra mushrooms, add a can of drained canned mushrooms or fresh mushrooms to this dish. Just be sure to sauté the mushrooms with the hamburger to give them more flavor.
- Replace the ground beef with ground turkey or ground turkey for a lower-fat ground meat option.
- For a tangy flavor to your sauce, add ½ cup of sour cream once your beef is finished cooking.
- Add a brick of cream cheese to the stroganoff sauce for extra creaminess.
- Skip the noodles and just make the sauce. Serve it over brown or white rice.
Refrigerate - Allow to cool completely. Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to three days.
Freeze - This tasty casserole freezes great, up to three months.
Reheat - Thaw in the refrigerator overnight, reheat in the microwave or oven until hot and bubbly.
If you are looking for more delicious ground beef recipes, here meals your whole family will enjoy!
- Sloppy Joe Tater Tot Casserole is a hearty dish that your entire family love.
- Ham and Noodle Casserole - you'll love the salty/creamy pasta casserole.
- The Lazy Lasagna Casserole brings all the flavor with half the work of the classic dish.
- Frito Pie Casserole is beefy, cheesy, crunchy, and makes for an excellent weeknight meal.
- French Onion Salisbury Steak Recipe - this easy recipe is always a hit and since it makes its own gravy it's perfect over noodles or mashed potatoes.
- Stuffed Bell Pepper Casserole has all the flavor of this classic dish without all the effort.
Do you still have some ground beef to use? Check out these easy Ground Beef and Zucchini recipes.
More delicious casseroles
- Ham and Potato Casserole - this meal brings all the cheesy goodness!
- If you love egg noodles, be sure and try this Tuna Casserole Recipe next! Creamy, cheesy and delicious!
- The Ultimate Chicken Noodle Casserole brings everyone to the table for an excellent meal!
- Ritz Cracker Chicken Casserole with Vegetables - creamy, cheesy and delicious, this is an easy dish and on the table in just 30 minutes!
- Fresh Garden Salad with Creamy Vinaigrette is an easy no cook side to pair with this meal.
- Steamed Brussel Sprouts are a simple and green side dish that even the picky eaters will enjoy.
- Garlic bread is delicious with this dish!
- Easy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies are a delicious way to end this weeknight dinner.
Still wondering what to serve with Beef Stroganoff? Here are 50+ ideas to consider!
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Beef Stroganoff with Mushroom Soup
- 1 pound ground beef
- 12 ounces egg noodles
- 1 cup diced onions
- 21 ounces cream of mushroom soup Two 10.5 ounce cans
- 10 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare casserole dish by spreading with non stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Boil egg noodles as per package instructions to al dente. Drain well.
- In a large dutch oven, brown ground beef. Drain excess oil if desired. Season the cooked ground beef with Montreal Steak seasoning. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes until the onions are soft. Remove from heat.
- Add the mushroom soup and evaporated milk to the ground beef mixture and mix well to combine.
- Next add the noodles, stir well and mix everything together.
- Pour the creamy beef stroganoff into prepared casserole dish, top with shredded cheese. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Remove foil, place under broiler. Broil for 3-5 minutes or until the top of the casserole dish is browned. Garnish with fresh parsley, enjoy!