Slow Cooker Kauai Pulled Pork Sandwich
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwich is spicy and tangy – the coffee gives it a fabulous smokey roasted flavor. The Slow Cooker does all the work for you!
Fall and winter is a great time to enjoy those easy meals that are slow cooked all day long.
I mean why work that hard getting your meal together when you don’t have to right? Pork is great in the slow cooker. It’s a terrific way to get all that big, slow cooked flavor. The pork simmers away all day long. When you get home, simply make a simple coleslaw to top off this sandwich!
Inspired by our visit to the Kauai Coffee Plantation this Pulled Pork Sandwich is the perfect combination of delicious slow cooked pork. It is spicy and tangy. The coffee gives it a smokey roasted flavor that you don’t normally achieve with a slow cooker. Perfect for a bbq or tailgate party!
You can read all about our visit to the Kauai Coffee Plantation!
More of my favorite Slow Cooker Recipes!
- Easy Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff
- Slow Cooker Roast Beef Bites
- Slow Cooker Enchilada Soup
- Slow Cooker Roast Beef
Kauai Pulled Pork Sandwich
- 1 3.5 lb whole pork loin - can also use bone-in pork butt 5-6 lbs.
- 3 tablespoons freshly ground coffee grounds
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup stone ground mustard
- 1/4 cup Buffalo Sauce I used Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place the pork loin in the slow cooker. Peel the onion and place the remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Pour everything over the pork loin into the slow cooker. Put the lid on tightly. Cook for eight hours on high.
- While this is cooking prepare a coleslaw salad and toast the burger buns. This is a big sloppy sandwich and you'll want the buns toasted so they hold up well to all of the ingredients.
- When the cooking is complete, remove the pork from the cooker. Place it in a large bowl to cool and shred.
- Reserve the cooking liquid. Pour it thru a sieve, you should have about 3 cups of liquid. Add this to a heavy bottom sauce pan and add 1 1/2 cups of water and one 8 oz. can of tomato sauce. Bring the mixture to a boil and boil until it's reduced by half. Keep an eye on it as you don't want it to boil over or scorch - this will take about 20 minutes. The sauce will thicken just a bit - it is tangy and delicious!
- When the sauce is done, assemble the sandwiches - top with pork, sauce and a big dollop of coleslaw.
Sign up for my recipes here!!Don't worry, we'll never share your email.
If you’re looking for a great side dish to go along with this yummy pulled pork sandwich, my Rainbow Fruit Salad would add a bright fresh flavor or if you’re looking for a pasta salad serve Antipasto Pasta Salad along side. It’s a real crowd pleaser!