Cucumber Tomato Salad Recipe – Sweet tomatoes, crunchy fresh cucumbers mixed with salty feta cheese. This is a salad you often see it at the deli department, but it’s so easy to make, why not make it yourself and enjoy all of these super fresh ingredients while they are at their peak?!!
I admit it – I’ve shared a lot lately of recipes lately about corn….and now tomatoes….but I try and eat the calendar. Not the calendar per say 😀 but we like to enjoy bright fresh beautiful food when it’s at its peak! I visit my local farmer’s market quite often – usually every Wednesday and pickup what looks best. That is also how I plan our meals.
Living here in the bread basket of California, Fresno is rich in agriculture and our opportunities are more abundant. I take advantage of that and hence…another tomato salad! 😀
Bright beautiful & fresh sums up this Cucumber Tomato Salad. This is a salad you often see it at the deli department, but it’s so easy to make, why not make it yourself and enjoy all of these super fresh ingredients while they are at their peak?!!
Can you store tomatoes in the fridge?
- Under-ripe tomatoes are best stored at room temperature.
- Store stem-side down in a cool location.
- If you are not able to eat fully ripened tomatoes within the first day or so, store them in the fridge.
- Bring tomatoes to room temperature for best flavor (if stored in the fridge).
(Ooh! I should also share I have another really tasty cucumber side dish on the blog, be sure to check out my easy Refrigerator Pickles recipe – this was my Grandma’s recipe and is so good, we eat jars and jars of these in the summertime!)
Here’s how easy it is to make this Cucumber Tomato Salad Recipe
- Gather the ingredients – cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, arugula or spinach & feta cheese.
- The vinaigrette is simply (good) olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt & pepper – that’s it!
- Toss the ingredients together and you have a perfect salad that goes with most any meal.
Tomatoes are in abundance right now so why not enjoy summer’s bounty when it’s at it’s best?!!!
This is a great salad for a bbq, picnic or potluck – no, mayonnaise plus these ingredients are best when served at room temperature making this the perfect salad to bring or serve!!
Cucumber Tomato Salad Recipe
Cucumber Tomato Salad Recipe
- 1 English cucumber
- 2 lbs tomatoes assorted sizes
- 1/2 red onion
- 3 oz feta cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup good olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Slice the tomatoes into wedges. Small tomatoes, simple slice in half into bite-sized chunks. Thinly slice the cucumber & red onion. Place these ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt & pepper well - I use a small jar, combine all of the ingredients and shake it really well - drizzle over the top of the salad. Top with crumbled feta cheese - simple & fabulous summer salad
Sign up for emails here!Don't worry, we don't share emails!
There is lots of crunchy delicious in this salad from Garlic and Zest – Asian-Style Cucumber Salad. Another delicious choice for a great cucumber salad is from All Our Way – this Mediterranean style salad has a delicious creamy yogurt dressing – Mediterranean Cucumber Tomato Salad with Yogurt Dressing.