This was a family favorite over the 4th of July every year at my Grandma’s house in South Dakota. My cousin Donna made this for everyone – I’ve made a tweak or two over the years, but the recipe is her’s and it’s amazingly delicious! I love a great pasta salad!
Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad is one of our families favorite go-to salads in the summer or winter. You'll love this creamy delicious salad!
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1 16 oz box Rotinni pasta
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes sliced
- 1 can black olives sliced
- 1 head romaine lettuce chopped
- 2 shallots finely chopped*
- 1 4.5 oz package croutons
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 cup Caesar salad dressing or more
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions to al dente, drain set aside and allow to cool.
- While pasta is cooking, skin & de-bone chicken, shred the meat, being careful to remove all small bones and cartilage.
- When the pasta has cooled, combine the pasta, chicken, tomatoes, olives, lettuce and shallots in a large bowl. Add in the salad dressing and stir well to combine. Top with Parmesan cheese. (If you add the salad dressing while the pasta is still hot it will really absorb it and you may need a touch more.)
- Directly before serving add the croutons and stir to combine. Serve immediately.
- Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad is perfect for a barbecue - it's always the first thing gone off the buffet table. It is also terrific for an easy weeknight meal! It can be served warm or chilled. I like it best chilled. This makes a huge salad and it's always a big hit - I hope you enjoy it!
*I’ve made this using red onions, but recommend shallots, the sharpness of the red onion can be overpowering.