Side dishes don't have to be boring! Pressure cooker side dishes are the answer! They don't take up space on the stove when you're cooking for a crowd, heat up the house on a hot summer's day OR take hours to make!
Instant Pot Side Side Dishes are a great way to enjoy delicious recipes!
Why use a pressure cooker
Everyone is looking for dinner to be quick and easy, right? We also want to serve a nutritious meal and one that we're proud of! Click here for 10 GREAT Instant Pot Meals for more recipes and ideas!.
However... we don't want to spend all day in the kitchen! That's why the electric pressure cooker has become a kitchen appliance I've really grown to love.
Using your pressure cooker will save you time in the kitchen!
Instant Pot Side Dish Recipes - Steamed Vegetables
The pressure cooker is great for cooking vegetables. It can cut the cooking time in half, sometimes even more!
- Instant Pot Corn on the Cob - 2 ingredients, 2 minutes it doesn't get any easier than this!
- Pressure Cooker Beets - love this recipe (I also love beets!), now they are easy to make with your Instant Pot!
- Steamed Broccoli - just a little effort and completely delicious!
- Green Beans with garlic, butter and sesame - light and easy to make!
- Brown Sugar Steamed Carrots - sweet and easy this is yummy veg!
- Drunken Peas in a Pressure Cooker - green, al dente and delicious!!
- Steamed Asparagus - one of my favorite vegetables!
Beans and Rice Instant Pot Side Dishes
Using your pressure cooker is perfect for beans and rice! Cutting the cooking time in half, you'll have easy side dishes on the table in minutes!
- Black Beans - delicious, easy and economical side dish!
- Charro Beans - big flavor, Mexican cowboy beans!
- 4 Ingredient Tomatillo Rice - fluffy, never sticking Mexican Rice recipe!
- Instant Pot Sesame Ginger Rice - only 4 ingredients, flavorful - no more plain rice!
- Instant Pot Sticky Maple Ginger Rice Noodles - Slightly sticky and sweet, quick and easy to make!
- Fried Rice - great step-by-step directions here with photos, looks amazing!
- Instant Pot Risotto - is the stirring even necessary?
- Pinto Beans - no soaking required!
- Instant Pot Dirty Rice - you'll never miss the meat in this vegan classic!
- Instant Pot Baked Beans - these are loaded baby!!!
Yes, the pressure cooker cooks with steam. To make steam you need liquid!
You will need at least one cup of clear liquid in your pressure cooker.
Less time of course! When you're cooking on the stove top, water's boiling point is about 200 degrees. With an Instant
The process of cooking reduces nutrients any time you're cooking. However, the quick cooking process preserves more nutrients.
Instant Pot Side Dishes - Summer Salads
- Easy Orzo Salad - refreshing flavors, this is a light salad, great for summer parties and potlucks!
- Loaded Baked Potato Salad - this one had me at loaded, yum!!
- Amish Macaroni Salad - pasta salad in the IP? YES! Delish!!
- Instant Pot Potato Salad - easy and delicious!!!
- Easy Italian Pasta Salad - packed full of all the add-ins, this Pasta Salad is sure to be a hit!
- Hawaiian Macaroni Salad - simple traditional Hawaiian pasta salad!
Are you looking for more information? Click here to check out my Instant Pot Resource Page - these resources will help simplify your Instant Pot cooking experience.
Pressure Cooker Side Dish - Potatoes
Potatoes deserve their own category, don't you agree? Creamy or baked always delicious, potatoes in the pressure cooker is an easy way to make a classic favorite!
- Instant Pot Baked Potatoes - made in the Instant Pot they are light and fluffy!
- Mashed Potatoes AND Homemade Gravy all made in the pressure cooker! No need to dirty several dishes, this is an easy side dish!
- Vegan Mashed Potatoes - these only take minutes to make!
- Ham, Green Beans
andPotatoes - a classic Southern side dish!
- Sweet Potatoes - a little butter, some cinnamon sugar - perfection!
- Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes - garlic and creamy a classic side!
Have you found a new side dish to make in your pressure cooker? I hope so!
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Instant Pot Steamed Carrots
- Pressure Cooker
- 1 lb baby carrots cleaned and rinsed
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Add one cup water into the stainless steel container.
- Place steamer basket in pressure cooker. Add cleaned carrots to steamer basket.
- Set pressure cooker on high, time on manual for 2 minutes quick release at the end.
- Toss with butter, salt and pepper - serve and enjoy!
Sign up for my recipes here!!Don't worry, we'll never share your email.
First published June 16, 2019 - Last updated November 5, 2021