Side dishes don’t have to be boring! Pressure cooker side dishes are the answer! They don’t take up space on the stove when you’re cooking for a crowd, heat up the house on a hot summer’s day OR take hours to make! Instant Pot Side Side Dishes are quick, easy and delicious!
Everyone is looking for dinner to be quick and easy, right? We also want to serve a nutritious meal and one that we’re proud of!
However… we don’t want to spend all day in the kitchen! That’s why the pressure cooker has become a kitchen appliance I’ve really grown to love.
And if you haven’t embraced it yet or have one and it’s sitting in the pantry still, please sign up for my Instant Pot Challenge!
Don’t let the word challenge scare you! It’s really just a quick series of emails that will give you all the tools you need to get it out of the pantry and onto the counter top.
Using your pressure cooker will save you time in the kitchen!
Why use a
When you’re cooking on the stove top, water’s boiling point is about 200 degrees. With an Instant
When should you use a pressure cooker?
Does cooking in pressure cooker destroy nutrients?
The process of cooking reduces nutrients any time you’re cooking. However, the quick cooking process preserves more nutrients.
Instant Pot Side Dishes Steamed Vegetables
The pressure cooker is great for cooking vegetables. It can cut the cooking time in half, sometimes even more!
- Instant Pot Corn on the Cob – 2 ingredients, 2 minutes it doesn’t get any easier than this!
- Pressure Cooker Beets – love this recipe (I also love beets!), now they are easy to make with your Instant Pot!
- Baked Potatoes (in the pressure cooker of course!) – I make these all the time. Such an easy side!
- Steamed Broccoli – just a little effort and completely delicious!
- Green Beans with garlic, butter and sesame – light and easy to make!
- Brown Sugar Steamed Carrots – sweet and easy this is yummy veg!
- Drunken Peas in a Pressure Cooker – green, al dente and delicious!!
- Steamed Asparagus – one of my favorite vegetables!
Beans and Rice Instant Pot Side Dishes
Using your pressure cooker is perfect for beans and rice! Cutting the cooking time in half, you’ll have easy side dishes on the table in minutes!
- Black Beans – delicious, easy and economical side dish!
- Charro Beans – big flavor, Mexican cowboy beans!
- 4 Ingredient Tomatillo Rice – fluffy, never sticking Mexican Rice recipe!
- Instant Pot Sesame Ginger Rice – only 4 ingredients, flavorful – no more plain rice!
- Instant Pot Sticky Maple Ginger Rice Noodles – Slightly sticky and sweet, quick and easy to make!
- Fried Rice – great step-by-step directions here with photos, looks amazing!
- Instant Pot Risotto – is the stirring even necessary?
- Pinto Beans – no soaking required!
- Instant Pot Dirty Rice – you’ll never miss the meat in this vegan classic!
- Instant Pot Baked Beans – these are loaded baby!!!
Do you have to add water to a pressure cooker?
Yes, the pressure cooker cooks with steam. To make steam you need liquid!
How much liquid should be in a pressure cooker?
You will need at least one cup of clear liquid in your pressure cooker.
BBQ or spaghetti sauce is too thick. If your recipe calls for using a sauce, I recommend cutting with water: 1 cup sauce with 1 cup water or sauce.
Instant Pot Side Dishes – Summer Salads
- Easy Orzo Salad – refreshing flavors, this is a light salad, great for summer parties and potlucks!
- Loaded Baked Potato Salad – this one had me at loaded, yum!!
- Amish Macaroni Salad – pasta salad in the IP? YES! Delish!!
- Instant Pot Potato Salad – easy and delicious!!!
- Easy Italian Pasta Salad – packed full of all the add-ins, this Pasta Salad is sure to be a hit!
- Hawaiian Macaroni Salad – simple traditional Hawaiian pasta salad!
Are you looking for more information? Click here to check out my Instant Pot Resource Page – these resources will help simplify your Instant Pot cooking experience.
Pressure Cooker Side Dish – Potatoes
Potatoes deserve their own category, don’t you agree? Creamy or baked always delicious, potatoes in the pressure cooker i an easy way to make a classic favorite!
- Baked Potatoes – made in the Instant Pot they are light and fluffy!
- Mashed Potatoes AND Homemade Gravy all made in the pressure cooker! No need to dirty several dishes, this is an easy side dish!
- Vegan Mashed Potatoes – these only take minutes to make!
- Ham, Green Beans
andPotatoes – a classic Southern side dish!
- Sweet Potatoes – a little butter, some cinnamon sugar – perfection!
- Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes – garlic and creamy a classic side!
Have you found a new side dish to make in your pressure cooker? I hope so!
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Instant Pot Duo 6 qt. 7 in 1 – this is the pressure cooker I have, I highly recommend it!
- Instant Pot Accessories – this is a great bundle and will save you $ instead of buying them separately.
- Replacement parts – after I lost the valve down my garbage disposal… this was the first thing I bought for my IP.
If you post a photo, please tag me! I’d love to see your pictures! You can tag me with #bowlmeover or if you’re on Instagram use @bowl_me_over I can’t wait to see how yummy this turned out for you! I would love it if you gave this recipe 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 stars!!
Please leave a comment below, because I’d love to hear what your favorite pressure cooker side dish is!
Instant Pot Steamed Carrots
- Pressure Cooker
- 1 lb baby carrots cleaned and rinsed
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Add one cup water into the stainless steel container.
- Place steamer basket in pressure cooker. Add cleaned carrots to steamer basket.
- Set pressure cooker on high, time on manual for 2 minutes quick release at the end.
- Toss with butter, salt and pepper – serve and enjoy!