Homemade Cream Cheese Danish Recipe that tastes super fancy, but takes just minutes to make! Using store-bought puff pastry and stuffed with sweet cream cheese and tangy berries. These are over-the-top delicious!
PIN IT HERE!!!
Cream Cheese Danish Recipe
This post is sponsored by Wewalka. The delicious opinions I’m sharing – they are all mine! #ad #easterbrunchweek #easypuffpastry
Does food inspire memories? I associate so many memories with food and this one especially makes me smile!
When we were kids Sunday mornings meant Church. We would go as a family, Mom and Dad, Don and I and Grandma too.
We would go to Sunday school and then church. Once a month there would be just singing and we could request our favorite song. My brother Don would always request the hymnal “Church is Finally Over” and the gal that led the singing would shake her head and dutifully turn to that page while Don would snicker and we would all giggle.
On Communion Sunday, Don and I would be sure to sit on either side of Grandma when they passed around the little cups of wine. Once Grandma had the wine she’d often hold it in her right hand.
That was also the wrist she wore her watch on.
Don would say, Grandma, what time is it? And she’d turn her wrist to look at the clock and pour the wine on her lap. We’d laugh and BOY did we get in trouble!
We weren’t bad kids, we were mischievous! 🤣🤣🤣
Because the day started off as a mad dash, we’d have a snack when we got home. Often it was cream cheese danish!
Easy Cream Cheese Danish
Before I get a whole lot further, I want to remind you we have an amazing giveaway associated with this post so be sure and head to the bottom and enter the giveaway!
Grocery list for Cream Cheese Danish Recipe
- Wewalka Puff Pastry
- cream cheese
Is Danish pastry the same as puff pastry?
No, actually Danish pastry is a little heavier than puff pastry, but it’s an excellent substitute and a quick
Optional fillings for Danish Pastry?
The sky is the limit! You can make danish that is sweet or savory. Here are some great ideas to be sure to get your stomach growling!
- sausage, scrambled egg and cheese
- scrambled eggs, diced ham and spinach
- sauteed zucchini, onions and cheese
- mushrooms, red onions and a handful of spinach
How to make Cream Cheese Danish
Steps to make Cream Cheese Danish Pastry
- Preheat the oven.
- Rinse the berries, drain them well and set aside.
- Next add the cream cheese, lemon, sugar and vanilla to a mixer. Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Unfold the puff pastry and slice into six equal squares.
- Add a spoonful of the cream cheese mixture to the center of each square. Top with 3-4 raspberries or slices of strawberries.
- Fold the square over and seal well with a fork.
- Beat an egg and brush over the tops of each pastry. Sprinkle with raw sugar for a little extra sweetness!
- Place on baking sheet. Bake until puffy and golden.
Homemade Cream Cheese Danish
More of my favorite quick and easy breakfast recipes!
- Peanut Butter Honey Sandwich – easy and delicious, always perfect for breakfast!
- 3 Ingredient Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies – cookies for breakfast? Absolutely!!!
- Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Smoothie – I just couldn’t tell you how amazing this is!!!
- Grandma Few’s Super Moist Banana Nut Bread Recipe – This family recipe is soooo good!
Amazon Disclosure: Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy.
A couple of things before you go! Don’t forget to enter the giveaway below, I’d love YOU to win!
Also, I’d love it if you would give me a five-star rating below, I know you’ll love this recipe! If you snap a photo and share it please tag me #bowlmeover or @bowl_me_over so I get to see your pics!!!
Easy Cream Cheese Danish Pastry
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 pint raspberries cleaned
- 3 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tsp raw sugar optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Rinse the berries, drain well and set aside.
- Add the cream cheese, lemon, sugar and vanilla to a mixer. Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Unfold the puff pastry sheet and slice into six equal squares.
- Add a spoonful of the cream cheese mixture to the center of each square. Top with 3-4 berries.
- Fold the square over and seal well with a fork.
- Brush with an egg sprinkle with raw sugar for a little extra sweetness!
- Place on baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes until puffy and golden.
This week, we’re sharing loads of Easter recipes and celebrating the upcoming holiday with an amazing giveaway, sponsored by Eggland’s Best, GROSCHE International, Hamilton Beach, Nordic Ware, Rhodes Bread, Silpat, Stonyfield and Wewalka. You can read more about these awesome sponsors HERE. #ad #easterbrunchweek #easypuffpastry
Enter the #EasterBrunchWeek Giveaway!
Official Rules and Conditions for the #EasterBrunchWeek Giveaway: One grand prize winner will receive a prize package including items from Eggland’s Best, Grosche, Hamilton Beach, Rhodes Bread, Silpat, Stonyfield and Wewalka. Open to US residents 18+. One (1) winner will be chosen. Prize must be claimed within 48 hours of announcement or a new winner will be drawn. The prize will be delivered electronically. All entries will be verified. This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Rafflecopter, or any other entity unless otherwise specified. Giveaway ends 4/20/2019. Enter using the widget below. Comment each day for even more chances to win!