Creamy Lemon Pasta
About three weeks ago we were at my Mother-in-Law’s house and she was telling us about all of the lemons left on her lemon tree and after peaking thru the leaves we found them. So after putting on long sleeves and heavy gloves we got to picking lemons. (If you’ve never picked lemons, the branches are adorned with nasty thorns!) Hard to believe, but there was probably another 40 pounds of lemons left to be harvested.
The lemons were really light and my MIL thought they wouldn’t be any good, but what had happened over time is as the lemons began to dehydrate the flavor and color intensified. They have aged like a fine wine! (Well maybe that’s pushing it a bit, but truly these lemons are spectacular!) Here’s a picture of her lemons (right) compared to a store bought lemon on the left.
Pretty amazing huh?
I’ve made this meal several times including when my folks visited last week. My Dad (who is not a pasta fan) even liked it! The flavors are bright, lemony and fresh. It’s very savory and just creamy enough – pasta perfection!
I started by putting a large pot of salted water on the stove to boil. Next I chopped the garlic and put that in a large deep fry pan over low heat with olive oil. You don’t want to brown the garlic, this will make it bitter, just slowly roast it along with the spices. Click here to see it roasting. Slowly sauté the garlic for about 10 minutes, along with the spices. Next add the lemon zest and whipping cream (I’ve used heavy cream and I like whipping cream best.) Continue to stir and the flavors will slowly combine.
Drop the pasta into the boiling water and when it is al dente, turn the heat off on the sauce & add the lemon juice. Stir well to blend and then drop the cooked pasta into the sauce. Stir really well to combine everything, top it with the parmesan cheese and again, mix well!
Lemons, garlic, parmesan cheese, cream, olive oil and some spices – that’s it! Couldn’t be any easier and it’s a delicious 30 minutes #MeatlessMeal!
More delicious pasta recipes from the blog!
- Butternut Squash Pasta
- Homemade Alfredo Sauce 30 Minute Meal
- Easy Spaghetti Sauce
- Recipe for Marinara Sauce
Creamy Lemon Pasta #MeatlessMonday #30MinuteMeal
Creamy Lemon Pasta - Lemons, garlic, parmesan cheese, cream, olive oil and some spices - that's it! Easy, delicious, 30 minutes #MeatlessMeal!
- 3 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- basil and parsley for garnish if desired
- 1 13.5 13.5 oz package spaghetti
- Started by putting a large pot of salted water on the stove to boil. When it reaches a rolling boil, drop the spaghetti in and cook according to package directions to al dente.
- While the pot is heating & spaghetti is cooking continue to prepare the sauce. Chop the garlic and place in a large deep fry pan over low heat with olive oil. You don't want to brown the garlic, this will make it bitter, add the red pepper flakes and black pepper. Slowly sauté the garlic for about 10 minutes, along with the spices.
- Next add the lemon zest and whipping cream. Continue to stir and the flavors will slowly combine.
- When the pasta is done, turn the heat off from the sauce. Add in the lemon juice. Stir to combine, then begin transferring the cooked noodles to the sauce mixing well to combine. Top the noodles with the shredded parmesan cheese and mix again. Garnish with parsley & chopped basil.