Filled with shrimp, boiled eggs, potatoes and olives the Shrimp Nicoise Salad Recipe is a meal! A homemade vinagrette finishes the salad perfectly!
Why you'll love this recipe
✔️ It's a great make-ahead recipe.
✔️ This salad is a great evening meal, it's also fancy enough for company!
✔️ It's hearty and delicious with so little prep.
- large cooked shrimp
- boiled eggs
- green beans
- baby potatoes
- cherry tomatoes or sliced tomatoes
- green olives
- red onion
- lettuce greens
- Prepare the vegetables the day before to allow them to cool completely before assembly.
- Boil the eggs, peel and refrigerate.
- Boil the potatoes until fork tender. Drain and cool before refrigerating.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the beans and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until they are crisp and tender. Drain, cool, refrigerate.
- The day you're serving, prepare the salad - Divide the lettuce evenly between four plates. Arrange the beans, potatoes, tomatoes, olives, and onions evenly on the plates. Garnish with the egg, top with the shrimp then drizzle with salad dressing before serving.
This salad originated in France in the city of Nice. It typically has tomatoes, potatoes, green beans and anchovies, but I really like her recipe with shrimp!
Tuna is a classic ingredient in a nicoise salad. If you want to keep it vegetarian, use white beans. They would be terrific as well!
A nicoise salad typically has a lemon vinagrette.
- Substitute tuna or grilled salmon for the shrimp.
- If you can't find the baby potatoes, use small potatoes that are halved or quartered.
Save yourself some time and use the same pot to boil the eggs, potatoes and green beans. Just be mindful, they all take a different amount of time to cook.
Last but not least, this salad is typically served with a drizzle of olive oil and a fresh squeeze of lemon. You can also use a storebought salad dressing.
Grilled Shrimp Nicoise Salad Recipe
- 1 pound large shrimp (or large pre-cooked shrimp) peeled and deveined
- 4 large eggs boiled, peeled, cooled
- 2 cups green beans blanched and cooled
- 2 cups baby potatoes boiled until fork tender and cooled
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes or sliced tomatoes
- 1 cup green olives
- 1 cup red onion diced
- 4 cups lettuce greens
- Dijon Mustard
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Prepare the vegetables the day before to allow them to cool completely before assembly. Place the eggs and the potatoes in a large pot of cold water and bring to a boil. Once the water begins to boil, cook the eggs for 10 minutes. Remove from the pot and rinse in cold water until cool enough to handle. Peel and refrigerate. Continue to cook the potatoes until just barely fork tender. Drain and cool before refrigerating.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the beans and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until they are crisp tender. Drain and cool before refrigerating.
- If you're grilling the shrimp - Preheat the grill (or broiler) to medium-high heat. Thread the shrimp on skewers and grill 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until no longer opaque in the center. Remove from the gill.
- Prepare the salad - Divide the lettuce evenly between four plates. Arrange the beans, potatoes, tomatoes, and onions evenly on the plates. Garnish with the 1 egg and ¼ cup of green olives per plate. Top with the shrimp then drizzle with the dressing before serving.