Grilled Shrimp Nicoise Salad Recipe
It’s time for Freaky Friday – Summer 2017!
What? You don’t remember what #FreakyFriday is? That’s when a bunch of us bloggers get together and swap recipes! It’s a secret who is assigned whom’s blog and we get to pick whatever recipe we want to make and share on our blog! Cool huh?!!!
For this round I was assigned A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures (also known as AKHA)! If you haven’t visited AKHA before, be sure to check it out. You’ll love Christie’s blog! She strives for a health-ish type blog also! And if you wonder where the name came from? Here’s the definition Kitchen Hoor – Someone that prefers kitchen gadgets to shoes. Yep, Christie & me – we’re two peas in a pod! LOL!
One of the toughest things was deciding what to make. I was really drawn to her Cuban Style Pork Taco Bowl because, hello! It’s in a bowl! 😀
Then I was looking at her recipe for Bayou Crab Chowder which looks super delicious!
Then I checked out all of the salads. There are a ton of salads to choose from. A salad sounded really good because the weather has been so HOT here. So I decided to make her Grilled Shrimp Nicoise Salad.
Need I say more?
What is a “Nicoise Salad”? This salad originated in France in the city of Nice. It typically has tomatoes, potatoes, green beans and anchovies but I really like her recipe with shrimp!
I followed the recipe with one exception. I confess…. I did not grill the shrimp.
As I had mentioned earlier, the weather has been ugly here in Fresno. With wildfires raging to the north, south and west of us the air quality is awful. Standing outside to BBQ while ashes rained down on our food wasn’t appealing.
So I took a shortcut and bought pre-cooked shrimp! That and well… you know me, I’m kinda lazy and I’m hoping either you’ll forgive me or perhaps you are lazy too! 😀
This salad has shrimp, boiled eggs, poached green beans, tomatoes, onions, green olives and tiny potatoes – bonus? Those tiny potatoes cooked up in the same time it took to boil the eggs! If you can’t find tiny potatoes, just get small potatoes and half or quarter them!
Last but not least, this salad is typically served with a drizzle of olive oil, but Christie recommends a dijon vinaigrette!
Dan totally agreed this salad is so delicious! Such a great combination of flavors and crunch! You’ll definitely want to put this on your menu for the week!
Are you ready to make this salad? Let me show you how!
Hungry for seafood? Here are a few more meals to enjoy!
Grilled Shrimp Nicoise Salad Recipe
- 1 pound large shrimp (or large pre-cooked shrimp) peeled and deveined
- 4 large eggs boiled, peeled, cooled
- 2 cups green beans blanched and cooled
- 2 cups baby potatoes boiled until fork tender and cooled
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes or sliced tomatoes
- 1 cup green olives
- 1 cup red onion diced
- 4 cups lettuce greens
- Dijon Mustard
- Prepare the vegetables the day before to allow them to cool completely before assembly. Place the eggs and the potatoes in a large pot of cold water and bring to a boil. Once the water begins to boil, cook the eggs for 10 minutes. Remove from the pot and rinse in cold water until cool enough to handle. Peel and refrigerate. Continue to cook the potatoes until just barely fork tender. Drain and cool before refrigerating.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the beans and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until they are crisp tender. Drain and cool before refrigerating.
- If you're grilling the shrimp - Preheat the grill (or broiler) to medium-high heat. Thread the shrimp on skewers and grill 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until no longer opaque in the center. Remove from the gill.
- Prepare the salad - Divide the lettuce evenly between four plates. Arrange the beans, potatoes, tomatoes, and onions evenly on the plates. Garnish with the 1 egg and 1/4 cup of green olives per plate. Top with the shrimp then drizzle with the dressing before serving.
Sign up for emails here!Don't worry, we don't share emails!
There’s a TON of delicious ideas on this edition of #FreakyFriday! Be sure to visit to find AMAZING inspiration for your weekly menu and summer treats!!
#FreakyFridayRecipe Summer 2017 Edition
A Dish of Daily Life – Mexican Black Beans
An Affair from the Heart –Deconstructed Guacamole Salad
A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures – Homemade Strawberry Frozen Yogurt Popsicles
Aunt Bee’s Recipes – P.F. Chang’s Lettuce Wrap Salad
Belle of the Kitchen – Crock Pot Honey Sriracha Meatballs
Bowl Me Over – Grilled Shrimp Nicoise Salad
The Devilish Dish – Southwestern Coleslaw
The Flavor Blender – Creamy Frozen Margarita Pie Slice with a Pretzel Crust
Full Belly Sisters – Bacon Scallion Deviled Eggs
The Foodie Affair – New Zealand Bacon and Egg Pie
Honey & Birch – Grilled Guacamole
Hostess at Heart – Easy Oven-Baked Chicken Fajitas
Lemoine Family Recipes – Easy Peach Dumplings
Lisa’s Dinnertime Dish – Tortellini Caprese Salad
PicNic – Oreo Scones
PlatterTalk – Black Bean and Roasted Corn Chowder
Seduction in the Kitchen – Peach Sweet Tea
Take Two Tapas – Spicy Margarita Shrimp Skewers
Who Needs a Cape? – No Bake Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Parfait