Easy and Tasty Chef’s Blend Spice Rub Recipe takes only five minutes to make and stores easily in your pantry or spice cabinet. It’s delicious on pork, seafood, chicken or beef. So versatile and so flavorful!
Before I dive into this recipe I have two things to share with you today! This delicious spice rub AND a giveaway for an Instant Pot! I’ve been sharing a ton-o-recipe so if you want to jump on the band-wagon without making an investment in a new piece of kitchen equipment, now is your chance! Read on to learn more!
This post contains affiliate links; we are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too!
It’s been pretty quiet over here lately, have you noticed? If you’re over on Instagram I’ve been sharing a bit more about life behind the scenes. I had surgery last week and have been slowly recovering ever since.
A prevalent disease in the Central Valley affects your tears ducts. Because of the terrible air quality paired with all the allergens some people have more problems then others. SO…. surgery last week on both my tear ducts. Mom came down and helped out (my mom is the BEST) and so time has been filled with resting, healing, naps and me looking in the mirror wondering WHEN these black eyes will go away?
Yes… I look like I went a round with the champ! Seriously, my eyes are completely black and blue and this is a week later. Though this is the fourth time I’ve had this surgery this time has been a bit more of an ordeal. ANYWAY…
Like I said, it’s been quiet over here! 😀
Mom was great. We still did a ton of cooking (when I say we I mean her!) and though I didn’t take many pictures, I did get a few. One of which was photographing this amazing spice rub!
I’ve been using this rub for years, but never put it on paper. When Mom was here we made it a couple of times and now I finally have it written down to share with you! You’re going to seriously love this recipe!
What is a dry rub?
A dry rub is a mix of spices and herbs blended together. Spices can be toasted (or not). They are combined together, mixed and stored until use. Popular dry rubs are Cajun, Jamaican and Old Bay Dry Rub (great for seafood and fish).
How do you make a dry rub?
- toasted sesame seeds
- red chili powder
- combine the ingredients, mix together well and store in an airtight container.
Simple enough to make right? There are a couple ingredients on the list you may not keep regularly in your spice cabinet.
- No turmeric? Your best substitute would be dried ginger. It will give you similar health benefits, but will change the taste of the rub a bit.
- No Sumac? Substitute lemon pepper seasoning. Again this will change the flavor a bit but I’d hate for you to be purchasing spices and seasoning you don’t ordinarily use.
Make this. Use it. Love it! I know we do!!!
Instant Pot Giveaway – Ok guys along with this easy and amazing recipe I’m sharing with you today…. drum roll please….. there’s a give away!
The 2018 Spring Instant Pot Giveaway has been organized by Juggling Act Mama and brought to you in part by Birch Landing Home, Bowl Me Over, DIY Candy and Doodlecraft. One lucky winner will be the recipient of an Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, which also has functions of a Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer! How cool is that? This product has a $99 value!
Features of this Instant Pot include:
- Duo, the number 1 selling multi-cooker, combines 7 kitchen appliances in 1, Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer, prepares dishes up to 70% faster to support your busy lifestyle
- Features 14 Smart Programs – Soup, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Poultry, Sauté/Simmer, Rice, Multigrain, Porridge, Steam, Slow Cook, Keep Warm, Yogurt, Manual, and Pressure Cook. Now, your favorite dishes are as easy as pressing a button
- Healthy, stainless steel (18/8) inner cooking pot made from food grade 304, no chemical coating, 3-ply bottom for even heat distribution, fully sealed environment traps the flavours, nutrients and aromas within the food
- Built with the latest technology, the microprocessor monitors pressure, temperature, keeps time, and adjusts heating intensity and duration to achieve your desired results every time
- UL and ULC certified with 10 safety mechanisms to provide you with added assurance, designed to eliminate many common errors. Dimensions: 13.38 x 12.2 x 12.48 inches
- Accessories include, stainless steel steam rack with handles, rice paddle, soup spoon, measuring cup, condensation collector and recipe booklet. To maximize performance of cooker only use genuine Instant Pot accessories.
Check out my easy Ham and Potato Soup recipe! If you love making one pot meals, you’ll love this, so be sure to pin it!
Enter the Instant Pot Giveaway
Official Rules and Conditions for the Spring Instant Pot Giveaway 2018: One winner will be receive Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker. Open to US/CAN residents adults 18+. One (1) winner will be chosen. Prize must be claimed within 48 hours of announcement or a new winner will be drawn. Prize will be delivered electronically. All entries will be verified. This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Rafflecopter, Amazon or any other entity unless otherwise specified. Giveaway ends 3/30/2018. Enter using the widget below.
Chef’s Blend Spice Rub Recipe
Homemade Spice Rub is easy to make and 100 times better than store bought! It takes just minutes to make and stores easily in your pantry. It’s simple to make and you can easily store it in your spice cabinet. It’s delicious on pork, seafood, chicken or beef. So versatile and so flavorful!
Chef's Blend Spice Rub Recipe
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp sumac
- 1 tbsp salt
- Add the sesame seeds to a dry skillet over medium/low heat. Shake frequently and toast the seeds until golden brown. When you smell them toasting - good chance they are done! Do not let them burn (turn black) remove from the skillet as soon as they are toasted as if you leave them in the skillet they will continue to cook.
- Combine the ingredients and mix together well.
- Store in an airtight container. For use on chicken, seafood, pork or beef. Enjoy!