There are many Asparagus Salad Recipes, and today I'm sharing mine! This asparagus salad is loaded with roasted asparagus, fresh lemons, cherry tomatoes and marinated artichokes hearts. This delicious asparagus salad is topped off with a light, bright and easy homemade lemon vinaigrette. It's a great salad for winter, spring or summer because it utilizes bright delicious citrus and springtime asparagus that is tender and sweet! It's a great salad to pair with a main dish or serve it up for an easy light lunch. Just because it's a salad, doesn't mean it has to be boring, right?
Salads can be so good and a complete meal when they are hearty and filling! I know there are a lot of renditions, but I think this is the BEST asparagus salad recipe. Plus asparagus is one of my favorite vegetables.
Is it still cold and wintery where you live? Here in Fresno we've been enjoying weather in the mid 70's! Crazy huh?!! So we are taking advantage of it. BBQ's are already happening here - yup...please don't hate me!
Everywhere you turn there are lemons right now. Everyone is giving them away because we all have trees and bushels full of them! The lemons in this salad I harvested from my Mom-in-Law's tree. They are so sweet it's amazing - so sweet you almost don't need to sweeten them!
But I'm not just bragging about citrus season, because citrus is in season here, I know you'll find some great lemons at your store also!
I love this salad because it's bright and fresh. It's best served at room temperature (again, perfect for a cookout!) AND it's flat-out delicious! It uses every day ingredients and it out of this world delicious!
Asparagus Salad Recipe - grocery list
- cherry tomatoes
- marinated artichoke hearts
In addition to being incredibly fresh and delicious, it only uses a handful of ingredients plus it's super easy too! I pride myself in sharing tried and true dishes, many that have been passed down from generation to generation. But this recipe?.... It was inspired by visit to my market. 😋
Most of my shopping is done at my local Vons. They have a great deli department with bowls full of delicious salads. They offered a similar salad and I thought it would be a great recipe to develop. I think you are going to love this as much as I do.
Tips to make an Asparagus Salad
- This salad is best served at room temperatures. Refrigerate leftovers and before serving remove from the fridge and bring to room temperature.
- Microwave or heat the honey to make it easy to drizzle. It will be easier to emulsify when whisked into the vinaigrette.
- No honey to sweeten the vinaigrette? Substitute agave or maple syrup
- Leftovers top off grilled chicken or pork deliciously!
Do you love this meal? Be sure to leave a comment to let me know! And if you enjoy this recipe, please share my recipe with a friend!
Asparagus Salad Recipes - Mine includes roasted asparagus, fresh lemons, sweet cherry tomatoes and marinated artichokes hearts. It's topped off with a light, bright and easy lemon vinaigrette.
Asparagus Salad Recipes
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced
- 1 cup artichoke hearts marinated
- 3 lemons
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup honey
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ⅓ cup parmesan shaved
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Clean the asparagus, remove the tough ends. Slice into two inch pieces
- Drizzle asparagus with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and place in a large bowl.
- Slice one lemon in half and squeeze the juice. You'll need ¼ cup juice. Take the remaining lemons and slice into wedges. Combine with the cooked asparagus.
- While the asparagus is roasting, clean the tomatoes. If any are oversized, slice in half. Add to the bowl with the asparagus and lemons.
- Drain the artichoke hearts and place them in the salad bowl.
- Mix the vinaigrette. Drizzle over about half over salad and toss well to mix the ingredients.
- Sprinkle the parmesan shavings over the top. Serve and enjoy!
Sign up for my recipes here!!Don't worry, we'll never share your email.
Do you love asparagus as much as I do? Then here are a few more Asparagus Salad Recipes -
This recipe is completely flavorful and a quick recipe to put together.You can find the recipe for Asparagus with Caesar Dressing at Little Figgy or swing by this website - California Avocados has an amazing recipe for Avocado and Roasted Asparagus - just click here.
Here's a couple more ideas for asparagus -
You can find my recipe for Roasted Asparagus Soup right here on the blog. It's rich and creamy (without using any cream) and easy to make!
Gnocchi in vegan brown butter sauce topped with fresh rosemary. Add roasted asparagus + sweet red peppers. Mix with a dirty vinaigrette - perfection in a bowl! You can find the recipe for this amazing meal at Healing Tomato.