A salad doesn’t have to be boring! Kale Superfood Salad Recipe is filled with loads of crunch and texture. It’s full of delicious goodness and is a great side salad or light meal!
Kale Superfood Salad
How are you doing with your New Years Resolutions? Do you make resolutions? I do – I love to challenge myself, sometimes I fail and sometimes…. like last year I do really well!
I think it’s because my biggest challenge last year involved a team; Mom, Dan and myself. We set a goal to walk or run 2016 miles in 2016 and you know what? On December 18th, 2016 we met our goal!
My Mom who is 75 years old walked 480 miles last year!! How cool is that? (Mom is my hero, I want to be just like her when I grow up!)
Dan and I picked up the slack. That left us with about 770 miles each, which isn’t huge but it was challenging to complete. (Having broken ribs in the middle of of the year didn’t help.) Together WE DID IT!
We’ve already set our goal for next year and you guessed it – 2017 miles in 2017!
I’m best when I set goals and challenge myself. Daily, weekly, monthly and for the year. If I don’t, I find myself spinning and I don’t like it when I’m not productive.
Making better choices is part of those goals. I’ve been leaning this way for a while and I want to continue that into 2017. So….without further adieu…drumroll
Let me introduce to you this delicious Kale Superfood Salad!
Superfood Salad Recipe
I’m very excited to share this recipe with you today! It is full of crunchy goodness and it isn’t just good for you, it’s delicious too!
Grocery list for Superfood Salad
- sunflower seeds
- Vinaigrette Ingredients
- marmalade jam
- red wine vinegar
- spicy yellow mustard
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
Steps to make Superfood Salad
- Chop, slice and dice and dice the vegetables.
- Mix together the homemade vinaigrette
- Dress the salad with the dressing, enjoy!
Leftover salad? Pile it in a tortilla, it makes the perfect wrap. (Wait until just before eating to put the wrap together so it doesn’t get soggy.)
Unfortunately, I did not take a picture of the wrap. It was so good we devoured them quickly. I loved that it was easy and repurposed leftovers.
Even if you don’t eat leftovers as a wrap on day two it stays crunchy and yummy the next day as a salad.
If you take a shortcut and use store-bought dressing I won’t tell! Use a sweet vinaigrette
A great salad is life, wouldn’t you agree? Here are more of my favorite recipes!
- Steakhouse Salad Recipe – so popular and one of my favorites!
- Quinoa Greek Salad – love this combination of flavors!
- Fresh Garden Salad – crunchy vegetables and a simple homemade dressing.
- Southwest Salad – this recipe takes just minutes to make and is completely delicious!
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad – crunchy greens and tangy brussels with bright fresh fruit.
What to serve with this salad
Tri Tip– great balance of flavors!
- Dinner Rolls – these are ridiculously good (and easy!), I dare you to eat just one!
- And for
dessertthese easy Lemon Bars are just so good!
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy.
Salad Dressing Mixer Bottle – I bought a couple of these. The bottle has recipes and measurements on the side and it makes it so easy to mix salad dressing!
If you post a photo, please tag me! I’d love to see your pictures! You can tag me with #bowlmeover or if you’re on Instagram use @bowl_me_over I can’t wait to see how yummy this turned out for you!
Kale Superfood Salad Recipe
- 1 cup shredded kale
- 4 cups chopped spinach
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup sliced cucumber seeds removed
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 2 tablespoon marmalade jam
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon spicy yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- This is super easy to put together. Slice and shred all the vegetables and add to a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Combine the salad dressing ingredients, mix well.
- Add 1/4 cup dressing to the salad, mix well – adding remaining dressing as needed to dress the salad (nothing is worse than a soggy salad!).
- Store remaining dressing in the refrigerator it will keep 4-5 days if tightly sealed.