Kale Superfood Salad Recipe is packed with greens and loaded with flavor. It's the perfect combination of antioxidant-rich foods like berries, nuts & seeds. Full of texture this is a great side salad or light meal!
Why you'll love this recipe
If you love the Chick-fil-A Superfood salad - this one will put it to shame!
✔️ It is filled with crunchy goodness.
✔️ it's delicious.
✔️ AND it's good for you!
I'm very excited to share this recipe with you today!
For the exact measurements, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- kale, spinach and green cabbage or Napa cabbage - all lovely greens with tons of crunch!
- cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots and edamame - bright fresh veggies to add flavor.
- cashews, sunflower seeds - pistachios would also be a great addition! Nuts and seeds add protein
- fresh blueberries - you can really add whatever fruit you enjoy, strawberries, pomegranate seeds
- Vinaigrette Ingredients
- marmalade jam - for sweetness, no marmalade, substitute honey.
- red wine vinegar and spicy yellow mustard - for tanginess, the mustard helps bring everything together.
- olive oil - to emulsify, salt and black pepper to season.
This is an overview of the instructions. For the complete directions just scroll down to the bottom!
- Chop, slice and dice and dice the vegetables add to a large bowl.
- Mix together the homemade vinaigrette
- Dress the salad with the dressing, enjoy!
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Salad Dressing Mixer Bottle - I bought a couple of these. The bottle has recipes and measurements on the side and it makes it so easy to mix salad dressing!
Superfoods are considered nutritionally dense foods. Most, but not all are plant-based. They offer great nutritional value and healthy benefits without being high in calories and fat.
Reach for spinach or kale - those greens will have the most nutrients. A Superfood Kale Salad is packed with fiber, vitamins and minerals, which makes it a great choice!
Absolutely! Packed with nutrients and fiber, a salad is a great addition to your healthy diet.
Leftover salad? Pile it in a tortilla, it makes the perfect wrap. (Wait until just before eating to put the wrap together so it doesn't get soggy.)
Unfortunately, I did not take a picture of the wrap. It was so good we devoured them quickly. I loved that it was easy and repurposed leftovers.
Even if you don't eat leftovers as a wrap on day two it stays crunchy and yummy the next day as a salad.
More vegetables and substitutions
- red onion
- baby broccoli
- green onions
- red cabbage
- creamy avocado - wouldn't that be delicious?!!
- roasted sweet potato or butternut squash
- pumpkin seeds
- fresh lemon juice or lime juice
- black beans
- just about any fresh fruit
- goat cheese would be an amazing edition to this yummy superfood salad recipe!
- maple syrup in place of the jam for sweetness in the salad dressing.
If you take a shortcut and use store-bought dressing I won't tell! Use a sweet vinaigrette
Here are more of my favorite green salad recipes!
- Steakhouse Salad - Loads of crunch from fried pepperoni, greens, blue cheese, marinated artichokes and hearts of palm pair perfectly with the sweet homemade vinaigrette. This salad is amazing!
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad - packed with crunchy greens and tangy sprouts, this is a perfect wintertime salad.
- Kale Quinoa Salad - loads of protein in this delicious greek salad with al of your favorite ingredients as well. Super yummy!
- This Mexican Fruit Salad Recipe is a colorful salad packed with fresh fruits and healthy ingredients AND it's delicious!
- How about a great
Tri Tip Roast- big meaty steak that can stand up to this salad.
- A yummy grilled chicken breast would be delicious as well.
- Dinner Rolls - these are ridiculously good (and easy!), I dare you to eat just one!
- And for
dessert, these easy Lemon Bars are just so good!
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Superfood Kale Salad Recipe
- 1 cup shredded kale
- 4 cups chopped spinach
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup sliced cucumber seeds removed
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- ½ cup cashews
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 2 tablespoon marmalade jam
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon spicy yellow mustard
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- This is super easy to put together. Slice and shred all the vegetables and add to a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Combine the salad dressing ingredients, mix well.
- Add ¼ cup dressing to the salad, mix well - adding remaining dressing as needed to dress the salad (nothing is worse than a soggy salad!).
- Store remaining dressing in the refrigerator it will keep 4-5 days if tightly sealed.
Sign up for my recipes here!!Don't worry, we'll never share your email.
How are you doing with your New Years Resolutions? Do you make resolutions? I do - I love to challenge myself, sometimes I fail and sometimes.... like last year I do really well!
I think it's because my biggest challenge last year involved a team; Mom, Dan and myself. We set a goal to walk or run 2016 miles in 2016 and you know what? On December 18th, 2016 we met our goal!
My Mom who is 75 years old walked 480 miles last year!! How cool is that? (Mom is my hero, I want to be just like her when I grow up!)
Dan and I picked up the slack. That left us with about 770 miles each, which isn't huge but it was challenging to complete. (Having broken ribs in the middle of the year didn't help.) Together WE DID IT!
We've already set our goal for next year and you guessed it - 2017 miles in 2017!
I'm best when I set goals and challenge myself. Daily, weekly, monthly and for the year. If I don't, I find myself spinning and I don't like it when I'm not productive.
Making better choices is part of those goals. I've been leaning this way for a while and I want to continue that into 2017. So....without further adieu...drumroll
Originally published January 8, 2017 - updated December 20, 2021 to improve instructions.