Homemade Pot Stickers? You bet! Let me you show you how to make Pot Stickers at home! This recipe makes the most savory bite with just a hint of sweet from the hoisin and heat from chili sauce. The crunch comes from the addition of water chestnuts. Trust me – these Pot Stickers are 100 times better than take out and easy to make!
Have you ever made Pot Stickers at home? It’s actually really easy and when it’s time to cook them up, they can be cooked several different ways.
How to make Pot Stickers – cooking
- cooking in a bamboo steamer – it takes 15-20 minutes to cook with a bamboo steamer. Be sure to line the bottom of the steamer with lettuce or spray with non-stick coating to prevent them from sticking)
- cooking in a pressure cooker/instant pot – 7 minutes on steam (spray with rack with non-stick coating)
- panfry – adding a small amount of oil to a pan searing the bottom until they are golden brown, then adding some chicken stock or and finish by steaming. For step-by-step directions check out this post from Take Two Tapas – Grandma Machie’s Gyoza Pan Fried Dumplings
I used bamboo steamer. I think this is a great cooking method and the steamer doubles as great decor and server on the tapas table when you’re getting ready for a party!
How to make Pot Stickers – grocery list
- wonton wrappers
- ground pork
- water chestnuts
- green onions
- hoisin sauce
- soy sauce
- chili paste or sriracha
Fun fact – why are these called Pot Stickers? Because if you don’t line your steamer with greens or spray with cooking oil….they will definitely stick to the pot!
When it’s time for sauce, you can always grab some at the store, but why not make your own?!! Citrus Ponzu Dipping Sauce is a lovely accompaniment to these yummy Pot Stickers!
Do you love this recipe? Be sure to rate it below! And if you have a suggestion or question about a recipe please be sure to let me know, I love to hear from my readers!
How to make Pot Stickers! This recipe makes the most savory bite with just a hint of sweet from the hoisin and heat from chili sauce. They have a crunchy bite with the addition of water chestnuts. Trust me – these are 100 times better than take out!
Homemade Pot Stickers
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp chili paste
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- Slice the onions and mince the garlic.
- Lightly mix all of the ingredients together (except the wonton wrappers). Don't over-mix, just make sure everything is combined.
- Lay out the wonton wrappers on a board. Have a small bowl of water nearby.
- Place one teaspoon of mixture in the middle of each wrapper. Dip your finger into the water bowl and run it all the way around the edge of the wrapper.
- Fold the edges together and seal. Set finished Pot Stickers aside. Crimp edges if desired. Complete the process with all of the pot stickers.
- Find a pot your bamboo steamer will fit in. Fill with about two inches of water. Turn on high and bring to a boil.
- *While the water is coming to a boil, line the bamboo steamer with lettuce or kale leaves. Set the pot stickers on the lettuce. Do not overcrowd.
- Steam for 15-20 minutes until the pot stickers are cooked. Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce, enjoy!
Sign up for my recipes here!!Don't worry, we'll never share your email.
You know I love Asian food, right? There are many delicious recipe here on my site you can serve along with these pot stickers – let’s start with…
Spicy Thai Noodle Soup – super delicious, lots of yummy flavor and warm (not hot!) heat. This is an amazing bowl of soup!
How about this Korean Style Beef Broccoli Rice Bowl? Tender beef perfectly marinaded and quickly cooked with broccoli is always a favorite for take out. Why not make it at home for an even more delicious meal!
Low Carb Pad Thai Bowl is another great choice! Cut the carbs but none of the flavor with zoodles!!!