Mealtime is ready in a flash with tons of flavor with this spicy sesame noodles recipe! Filled with flavor and toasty nuttiness, this easy recipe only takes 15 minutes to make using pantry ingredients. Slurpy and delicious!
Next be sure and try this Teriyaki Noodles Recipe - other great noodley meal!
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
If you love an easy meal and creamy noodles this recipe is for you! As mentioned above Spicy Sesame Noodles are quick, easy and affordable! Any time you can get dinner on the table in 15 minutes or less? Well that's a winner!
This is economical and everyone has some pasta in the pantry right?
For the exact measurements, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Sesame Noodles are super easy to make, here's what you need for the recipe!
- pasta - use your favorite or what you have available. No need to go to the store. Spaghetti, udon noodles or angel hair pasta are great, but any pasta will be delicious!
- soy sauce - for salty goodness.
- sesame oil - which adds amazing, toasty nuttiness!
- chili garlic sauce - adds great spicy, garlicky flavor. A great substitute for this would be sriracha sauce.
- Better Than Bouillon - which adds a great pop of flavor! Another option would be boiling the noodles in stock or broth
- honey - for a touch of sweetness
- optional garnishes - sliced green onions and sesame seeds
This is an overview of the instructions. For the complete directions just scroll down to the bottom!
- Gather and measure the ingredients for the sauce.
- Add everything to the measuring cup and whisk.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain well, add the sauce to the pasta toss well.
- Serve and enjoy!
I need to say again, Spicy Sesame Noodles are SO GOOD! Plus it's SO EASY and SO FAST!
It's hard to think that using simple pantry ingredients you can make a five star Asian meal in 15 minutes at home!
🙋🏼♀️ Recipe FAQ's
Absolutely, this meal is fantastic cold. We've enjoyed this hot cold. It's really a great side salad or main dish.
Spicy Sesame Noodles are easy to reheat in a pan over the stove with a little oil. Heat pan to medium, add a touch of canola or vegetable oil and fry the noodles until crispy or reheated to your preference.
If you're using the microwave, add a splash of water, cover with a wet paper towel and microwave until at 30 second intervals until the meal is hot.
I love this meal because you can use any noodles you have on-hand. Egg noodles, linguine, spaghetti, rotini, udon or soba noodles taste great. Use what you have on hand!
Nobody likes bland noodles and there are lots of ways to make them extra delicious!
- Cook the noodles in broth for even more flavor.
- make the sauce creamy - an addition of peanut butter or tahini to the sauce will make it smooth and velvety - about ¼ would be perfect, heat the peanut butter so it's easy to incorporate with the remaining ingredients..
- add even more heat to your spicy sesame noodles - with extra chili garlic sauce, sliced fresh jalapeños or sriracha.
- vegetables - stir fried vegetables snow peas, carrots, green beans - really this is a catch-all whoever you can simply load it up!
- greens - bok choy, spinach, broccoli and cabbage.
- for a vegetarian option add tofu or peanuts for additional protein.
- shrimp, chicken, beef or pork - leftover cooked meats are perfect additions. Cooked separately and tossed with the hot noodles is delicious. Stir fried with vegetables is perfect as well.
- if you'd prefer a super saucy meal, add coconut milk and really mix everything together.
Here's how I served it up! The first night, just as shown On day two, I added shrimp and the following day I stir fried a package of shredded cabbage with a little teriyaki sauce and mixed everything together, topped with sliced cooked chicken.
Spicy Sesame Noodles - delicious and three meals in one!
😋 Related Recipes
Are you looking for more light delicious pasta recipes? I gotcha covered!
I absolutely love Pasta Puttanesca. It's light and delicious, so easy to make! The sauce comes together in minutes and it's AMAZING! It's like your favorite Italian restaurant only better, I promise!
Or how about Pasta Primavera? This one is great because you can use whatever vegetables are in season. Plus it's a great way to clean out your fridge! You just can't beat a good pasta for a quick and easy meal!
When you make this please comment below and let me know what you think! I'd love it if you tag me on Instagram @bowl_me_over or #bowlmeover - so I can see your photos!
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Spicy Sesame Noodle Recipe
- 1 pound spaghetti
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 bunch green onions cilantro would be an excellent substitution
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Better Than Bouillon Chicken or Vegetarian Seasoning Base
- 1-2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey one heaping teaspoon
- ½ to 1 cup pasta water
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds optional for garnish.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions to just al dente, drain well. Reserving one cup of pasta water.
- While the pasta is cooking, thinly slice the green onions, both the greens and whites.
- Gather the ingredients, measure and add them to a bowl. Add all of the ingredients except the onions and sesame seeds.
- Pour the sauce into pasta mixing well with thongs. Add in half of the sliced onions and sesame seeds and about ½ cup of pasta water. Continue tossing and mixing the pasta will be glossy.
- Top with remaining sliced onions and sesame seeds. Serve and enjoy!
- vegetables and greens- stir fried vegetables like bok choy, snow peas, carrots, green beans, bok choy, spinach, broccoli and cabbage.
- tofu or peanuts are a great vegetable option for additional protein.
- shrimp, chicken, beef or pork - leftover cooked meats are delicious in this recipe.Cooked separately and tossed with the hot noodles is delicious. Stir fried with vegetables is perfect as well.
- make the sauce creamy - an addition of peanut butter or tahini to the sauce will make it creamy and delicious.
- spice it up - with chili garlic sauce or sriracha