Mealtime is ready in a flash with tons of flavor with this spicy sesame noodles recipe! Filled with flavor and toasty nuttiness, this easy recipe only takes 15 minutes to make using pantry ingredients. Slurpy and delicious!
Next be sure and try this Teriyaki Noodles Recipe - other great noodley meal!
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
If you love an easy dinner and creamy noodles this recipe is for you!
✔️ Easy and affordable.
✔️ Uses everyday ingredients you'll find at the grocery store.
✔️ It only takes 15 minutes to make!
That's a winner in my book! It's perfect as a side dish or a great vegetarian main dish. This easy recipe is economical too. Everyone has some pasta in the pantry right?!!
Sesame Noodles are super easy to make, here's what you need for the recipe!
- pasta - I used spaghetti, but you can use your favorite kind of noodle. No need to go to the store. Spaghetti, udon noodles, rice noodles or angel hair pasta are great, but any pasta will be delicious!
- low sodium soy sauce - for salty goodness.
- sesame oil - which adds amazing, toasty nuttiness!
- chili garlic sauce - adds great spicy, garlicky flavor. A great substitute for this would be sriracha sauce. A good pinch of red pepper flakes would add heat as well.
- Better Than Bouillon - which adds a great pop of flavor! Another option would be boiling the noodles in stock or broth
- honey - for a touch of sweetness
- optional garnishes - sliced green onions and sesame seeds
This is an overview of the instructions. For the complete directions just scroll down to the bottom!
- In a small bowl combine the sauce ingredients and whisk.
- Cook pasta according to package directions in a large pot of salted water.
- Drain well, place noodles in a large bowl. Add the sauce to the pasta toss well.
- Optional garnish: thinly sliced green onions, Thai basil, crunchy peanuts or sesame seeds. Serve and enjoy!
I need to say again, Spicy Sesame Noodles are SO GOOD! Plus it's SO EASY and SO FAST!
It's hard to think that using simple pantry ingredients you can make a five star Asian meal in 15 minutes at home!
Absolutely, this meal is fantastic cold. We've enjoyed this hot cold. It's really a great side salad or main dish.
Spicy Sesame Noodles are easy to reheat in a pan over the stove with a little oil. Heat pan to medium, add a touch of canola or vegetable oil and fry the noodles until crispy or reheated to your preference.
If you're using the microwave, add a splash of water, cover with a wet paper towel and microwave until at 30 second intervals until the meal is hot.
I love this meal because you can use any noodles you have on-hand. Egg noodles, linguine, spaghetti, rotini, udon or soba noodles taste great. Use what you have on hand!
Nobody likes bland noodles and there are lots of ways to make them extra delicious!
- Cook the noodles in broth for even more flavor.
- make the sauce creamy - an addition of peanut butter or tahini to the sauce will make it smooth and velvety - about ¼ would be perfect, heat the peanut butter so it's easy to incorporate with the remaining ingredients..
- add even more heat to your spicy sesame noodles - with extra chili garlic sauce, sliced fresh jalapeños or sriracha.
- vegetables - stir fried vegetables snow peas, red bell pepper, bean sprouts, carrots, green beans - really this is a catch-all whoever you can simply load it up!
- green vegetables - bok choy, spinach, broccoli and cabbage.
- for a vegetarian option add tofu or peanuts for additional protein.
- shrimp, ground chicken, sliced chicken breasts, beef or pork - leftover cooked meats are perfect additions. Cooked separately and tossed with the hot noodles is delicious. Stir fried with vegetables is perfect as well.
- if you'd prefer a super saucy meal, add coconut milk or use a peanut butter sauce. Ooh wouldn't that be yummy?!
- Chili oil or red pepper flakes add a spicy kick.
This dish can be served warm, at room temperature or cold pasta is delicious as well.
Refrigerate - allow leftovers to cool completely. Refrigerate and use within three days.
Freezer - I do not recommend freezing this dish, the noodles will dry out.
Reheat - in the microwave or panfry the noodles.
Are you looking for more delicious pasta recipes? I gotcha covered!
- THIS Black Bean Noodle Recipe has so authentic Korean flavor - an amazing recipe, it's perfect for special occasions!
- Shrimp Scampi with Vegetables - packed with all the things you love, this is a quick 20 minute meal!
- I absolutely love Pasta Puttanesca. It's light and delicious, so easy to make! The sauce comes together in minutes and it's AMAZING! It's like your favorite Italian restaurant only better, I promise!
- Traditional Ramen Noodle Recipe - easy to make this quick recipe will be on the dinner table in 20 minutes!
- Try Chicken Spaghetti - my goodness this is creamy and amazing!
- Or how about Pasta Primavera? This one is great because you can use whatever vegetables are in season. Plus it's a great way to clean out your fridge! You just can't beat a good pasta for a quick and easy meal!
Here's how I served it up! The first night, just as shown On day two, I added shrimp and the following day I stir fried a package of shredded cabbage with a little teriyaki sauce and mixed everything together, topped with sliced cooked chicken.
Make a double batch and enjoy a quick and easy meal during the week!
Looking for some sides to enjoy with this meal? Here are some yummy options!
- Serve with this amazing Low Carb Thai Crunch Salad! Filled with plenty of fresh veggies and topped with a spicy peanut dressing.
- Make some of these yummy Teriyaki Meatballs to serve with the spicy sesame noodles - sos good!
- Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl would go great with the pasta as well!
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products! 🛍️
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Spicy Sesame Noodle Recipe
- 1 pound spaghetti
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 bunch green onions cilantro would be an excellent substitution
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Better Than Bouillon Chicken or Vegetarian Seasoning Base
- 1-2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey one heaping teaspoon
- ½ to 1 cup pasta water
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds optional for garnish.
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions to just al dente, drain well. Reserving one cup of pasta water.
- While the pasta is cooking, thinly slice the green onions, both the greens and whites.
- Gather the ingredients, measure and add them to a bowl. Add all of the ingredients except the onions and sesame seeds.
- Pour the sauce into pasta mixing well with thongs. Add in half of the sliced onions and sesame seeds and about ½ cup of pasta water. Continue tossing and mixing the pasta will be glossy.
- Top with remaining sliced onions and sesame seeds. Serve and enjoy!
- vegetables and greens- stir fried vegetables like bok choy, snow peas, carrots, green beans, bok choy, spinach, broccoli and cabbage.
- tofu or peanuts are a great vegetable option for additional protein.
- shrimp, chicken, beef or pork - leftover cooked meats are delicious in this recipe.Cooked separately and tossed with the hot noodles is delicious. Stir fried with vegetables is perfect as well.
- make the sauce creamy - an addition of peanut butter or tahini to the sauce will make it creamy and delicious.
- spice it up - with chili garlic sauce or sriracha