Mealtime is ready in a flash with tons of flavor when you make spicy sesame noodles! Filled with flavor and toasty nuttiness, this easy recipe only takes 15 minutes to make using pantry ingredients. Slurpy and delicious!
This post was sponsored by Better Than Bouillon as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
I am a HUGE fan of a quick and easy noodle dish like my Lemon Pasta. Quick and easy sauce that isn’t super heavy?
Well that’s what I have for you today and I know you’re going to love how simple it is and how delicious it tastes!
Today for a big flavor booster I’m sharing a product that I’m sure you’re familiar with; Better Than Bouillon. It’s a product I’ve used for a long time and I always keep a variety of flavors in the pantry.
Chicken • Vegetarian • Beef – they all have a ton of flavor and are great in soups and stews.
It’s also great to add a pop of flavor to a stir fry, sauce or a casserole.
This is economical and frankly easier to find right now in these trying times!
So when I was offered an opportunity to share it with you, I jumped right on it because I know this will become a staple in your home as well!
This dish is super easy to make, here’s what you need for the recipe!
- pasta – use your favorite or what you have available. No need to go to the store. Spaghetti or angel hair pasta would be traditional, but any pasta will be delicious!
- soy sauce – for salty goodness.
- sesame oil – which adds amazing, toasty nuttiness!
- chili garlic sauce – adds great spicy, garlicky flavor. A great substitute for this would be sriracha sauce.
- Better Than Bouillon – which adds a great pop of flavor!
- honey – for a touch of sweetness
- optional garnishes – green onions and sesame seeds
- Gather and measure the ingredients for the sauce.
- Add everything to the measuring cup and whisk.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain well, add the sauce to the pasta toss well.
- Serve and enjoy!
I need to say again, this recipe is SO GOOD! Plus it’s SO EASY!
It’s hard to think that using simple pantry ingredients you can make a five star Asian meal in 15 minutes at home!
Pro Tips and Substitutions
Can I serve these cold?
Absolutely, this meal is fantastic cold. We’ve enjoyed this hot cold. It’s really a great side salad or main dish.
What is the best way to reheat it?
It’s easy to reheat in a pan over the stove with a little oil. Heat pan to medium, add a touch of canola or vegetable oil and fry the noodles until crispy or reheated to your preference.
If you’re using the microwave, add a splash of water, cover with a wet paper towel and microwave until at 30 second intervals until the meal is hot.
What are the best noodles?
I love this meal because you can use any noodles you have on-hand. Egg noodles or soba noodles would be great, but what I had on hand is spaghetti and that works terrific as well!
You can even use linguine, rotini pasta or penne – it’s all about pantry ingredients right now.
Add-ins and substitutions
- vegetables – stir fried vegetables like bok choy, snow peas, carrots, green beans – really this is a catch-all whoever you can simply load it up!
- greens – bok choy, spinach, broccoli and cabbage.
- for a vegetarian option add tofu or peanuts for additional protein.
- shrimp, chicken, beef or pork – leftover cooked meats are perfect additions. Cooked separately and tossed with the hot noodles is delicious. Stir fried with vegetables is perfect as well.
- make the sauce creamy – an addition of peanut butter or tahini to the sauce will make it smooth and velvety – about 1/4 would be perfect, heat the peanut butter so it’s easy to incorporate with the remaining ingredients..
- spice it up – with extra chili garlic sauce, sliced fresh jalapeños or sriracha.
Spicy Sesame Noodles
We love this pasta and the extra zip from Better Than Bouillon really makes it super yummy! I’ve used both flavors chicken and vegetable for this pasta.
Meal one just as shown, next I added shrimp and the following day I stir fried a package of shredded cabbage with a little teriyaki sauce and mixed everything together, topped with sliced cooked chicken.
Spicy Sesame Noodles – delicious and three meals in one!
If you’re not sure which flavor profile is for your meal, be sure to visit the Better Than Bouillon to see all of the options available!
When you make this please be sure to tag me on Instagram @bowl_me_over or #bowlmeover – I’d love to see your pictures! And if you get a chance, please comment and leave me a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below!
Spicy Sesame Noodle Recipe
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 bunch green onions cilantro would be an excellent substitution
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp Better Than Bouillon Chicken or Vegetarian Seasoning Base
- 1-2 tbsp chili sauce
- 1 tsp honey one heaping teaspoon
- 1/2 to 1 cup pasta water
- Cook the pasta according to package directions to just al dente, drain well. Reserving one cup of pasta water.
- While the pasta is cooking, thinly slice the green onions, both the greens and whites.
- Gather the ingredients, measure and add them to a bowl. Add all of the ingredients except the onions and sesame seeds.
- Pour the sauce into pasta mixing well with thongs. Add in half of the sliced onions and sesame seeds and about 1/2 cup of pasta water. Continue tossing and mixing the pasta will be glossy.
- Top with remaining sliced onions and sesame seeds. Serve and enjoy!
- vegetables and greens- stir fried vegetables like bok choy, snow peas, carrots, green beans, bok choy, spinach, broccoli and cabbage.
- tofu or peanuts are a great vegetable option for additional protein.
- shrimp, chicken, beef or pork – leftover cooked meats are delicious in this recipe.Cooked separately and tossed with the hot noodles is delicious. Stir fried with vegetables is perfect as well.
- make the sauce creamy – an addition of peanut butter or tahini to the sauce will make it creamy and delicious.
- spice it up – with chili garlic sauce or sriracha