Last Word Cocktail Recipe - A four-ingredient cocktail that is super easy to make. Gin, chartreuse and maraschino liqueur blend with tangy lime for a perfectly balanced drink!
Cocktail Recipe Last Word
This fall when we traveled to New Mexico we had a loonnngggg layover in San Diego. Now I wasn't about to complain because we used free airline points and didn't spend a dime.
But when you're stuck in the airport for hours.... what do you do? We ate. We read. Then when we got bored, we stopped at the bar for a cocktail.
Whew, I was glad we had nothing to do but rest and relax! This cocktail will sneak up on you similar to a Long Island Ice Team. It packs a punch!
Last Word Cocktail Ingredients
Last Word Cocktail Recipe - Ring in the New Year or be the life of the party toasting with this great cocktail!
- Gin - you don't need to purchase the most expensive gin. It's ok to use a mid-range selection. Bombay would be great, we like Pomodore Gin.
- Chartreuse liqueur - Chartreuse comes in both yellow and lime green, be sure to choose the green.
- Maraschino liqueur - a dry liquor that tastes like sour cherries and is slightly sweet. I found Chartreuse and Maraschino liqueur at Total Wines and More.
- Lime - great citrus flavor and tangy goodness!
Recipe for The Last Word Cocktail
Best serving glasses:
A coupe is the first choice, a martini glass would also work in a pinch!
This is a strong cocktail. If you're going to purchase glasses, look for smaller 5-6 oz. glasses.
Steps to make this cocktail
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add the liqueurs.
- Squeeze in the lime.
- Add the lid and shake it vigorously until the cocktail is chilled.
- Strain into glasses and serve!
Tips to make a great cocktail
- I learned a great tip from my son-in-law who worked his way thru college as a bartender. When a recipe calls for "shaking", shake it vigorously, really make it a workout! Shaking not only mixes the liquid but it also chills it.
- No martini shaker? You don't have to buy one. You can also use a mason jar with a screw-top lid!
More of my favorite drinks from the blog!
Appetizers and party food to serve!
If you're looking to make it a party, you'll definitely want to add some appetizers and bites. Bacon Wrapped Dates are delicious and perfect finger food. A few more ideas are:
- Stuffed Mushrooms - these are SO. GOOD. I've made a meal out of these. One of my favs!
- Roasted Grape Crostini - surprisingly easy and so fancy, this is an AMAZING bite!
- Pot Stickers - fun to make and always popular! You can even make these ahead and freeze. Then cook just cook at party time, YUM!
You may need:
- Coupe Cocktail Glass - a small 5-6 oz. glass is best for this drink.
- Cocktail Shaker Set - This has everything you need!
When you make this please comment below and let me know what you think! I'd love it if you tag me on Instagram @bowl_me_over or #bowlmeover - so I can see your photos!
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
The Last Word Cocktail Recipe
The Last Word Cocktail Recipe
- 1 shot chartreuse liqueur
- 1 shot maraschino liqueur
- 1 shot gin
- 1 lime juiced
- Add a shot of each liqueur to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Squeeze the lime into the shaker.
- Cover and shake vigorously for 30 seconds, strain into glasses.
- When a recipe calls for "shaking", shake it vigorously! Shaking not only mixes the liquid but it also chills it.
- No martini shaker? Substitute with a mason jar with a screw top lid!