Last Word Cocktail Recipe – A four-ingredient cocktail that is super easy to make. Gin, chartreuse and maraschino liqueur blend with tangy lime for a perfectly balanced drink!
Cocktail Recipe Last Word
This fall when we traveled to New Mexico we had a loonnngggg layover in San Diego. Now I wasn’t about to complain because we used free airline points and didn’t spend a dime.
But when you’re stuck in the airport for hours…. what do you do? We ate. We read. Then when we got bored, we stopped at the bar for a cocktail.
Whew, I was glad we had nothing to do but rest and relax! This cocktail will sneak up on you similar to a Long Island Ice Team. It packs a punch!
Last Word Cocktail Ingredients
Last Word Cocktail Recipe – Ring in the New Year or be the life of the party toasting with this great cocktail!
- Gin – you don’t need to purchase the most expensive gin. It’s ok to use a mid-range selection. Bombay would be great, we like Pomodore Gin.
- Chartreuse liqueur – Chartreuse comes in both yellow and lime green, be sure to choose the green.
- Maraschino liqueur – a dry liquor that tastes like sour cherries and is slightly sweet. I found Chartreuse and Maraschino liqueur at Total Wines and More.
- Lime – great citrus flavor and tangy goodness!
Recipe for The Last Word Cocktail
Best serving glasses:
A coupe is the first choice, a martini glass would also work in a pinch!
This is a strong cocktail. If you’re going to purchase glasses, look for smaller 5-6 oz. glasses.
Steps to make this cocktail
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add the liqueurs.
- Squeeze in the lime.
- Add the lid and shake it vigorously until the cocktail is chilled.
- Strain into glasses and serve!
Tips to make a great cocktail
- I learned a great tip from my son-in-law who worked his way thru college as a bartender. When a recipe calls for “shaking”, shake it vigorously, really make it a workout! Shaking not only mixes the liquid but it also chills it.
- No martini shaker? You don’t have to buy one. You can also use a mason jar with a screw-top lid!
More of my favorite drinks from the blog!
Appetizers and party food to serve!
If you’re looking to make it a party, you’ll definitely want to add some appetizers and bites. Bacon Wrapped Dates are delicious and perfect finger food. A few more ideas are:
- Stuffed Mushrooms – these are SO. GOOD. I’ve made a meal out of these. One of my favs!
- Roasted Grape Crostini – surprisingly easy and so fancy, this is an AMAZING bite!
- Pot Stickers – fun to make and always popular! You can even make these ahead and freeze. Then cook just cook at party time, YUM!
You may need:
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Some of the items below contain affiliate links, however, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy.
- Coupe Cocktail Glass – a small 5-6 oz. glass is best for this drink.
- Cocktail Shaker Set – This has everything you need!
When you make this please be sure to tag me on Instagram @bowl_me_over or #bowlmeover – I’d love to see your photos!
If you love this recipe please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
The Last Word Cocktail Recipe
The Last Word Cocktail Recipe
- 1 shot chartreuse liqueur
- 1 shot maraschino liqueur
- 1 shot gin
- 1 lime juiced
- Add a shot of each liqueur to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Squeeze the lime into the shaker.
- Cover and shake vigorously for 30 seconds, strain into glasses.
- When a recipe calls for “shaking”, shake it vigorously! Shaking not only mixes the liquid but it also chills it.
- No martini shaker? Substitute with a mason jar with a screw top lid!