A simple crostini recipe with rich, savory flavor. Roasting the grapes simply with olive oil, salt and pepper and serving them with a smear of cheese on a crunchy cracker or crostini, makes for an easy appetizer. Topping it off with a drizzle of honey adds the perfect touch of sweetness in this savory bite!
When I lived in Sacramento one of my best friends was (still is!) Nicole. At the time she worked raising money for a school that helps deaf children. Long story short after volunteering at the school my brother and I decided we wanted to put together a fund raiser for them – a wine tasting event.
There were some that said “we couldn’t sell 10 tickets, let alone 50” which we proved wrong. But the night of the event was so rainy and awful, we began to doubt ourselves – who would want to come out in this weather? Pretty soon the first car pulled up and then another…and then another!
We sold out the event and raised nearly $10,000 dollars for the school!!
What does this have to do with Roasted Grape Crostini? Well this was actually one of the appetizers we served at our wine tasting event.
It’s super easy, incredibly delicious and will definitely give your party the WOW factor when you serve them! This elegant little appetizer will be a hit any time you serve them. This is my buddy Nicole’s recipe and I send out my thanks to her for sharing her delicious recipe with me so many years ago!
And the best thing? (Other than how amazingly delicious it tastes of course)….is that it’s nearly effortless! You’ll just need a few ingredients – cambozola cheese or a super creamy blue cheese, crackers, grapes, honey & sea salt.
What is the difference between a crostini and bruschetta?
- Crostini is most similar to a crouton, thinly sliced and very crunch. Bruschetta can be compared to garlic bread, thicker sliced with a crunchy toasted exterior and often rubbed with garlic for flavor.
What temperature do you cook crostini at?
- preheat your oven to 375 degrees, roasting the bread quickly.
How do you make crostini?
- thinly slice bread
- brush lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- toast until brown and crunchy, flip and do the same for side two.
Never roasted grapes (have you even heard of roasting grapes)? Then you definitely need to give it a try! Roasting grapes intensifies their flavor – they caramelize well because of their high sugar content and it changes the flavor.
Grocery list for crostini recipe
- gourmet crackers or bread to make crostini
- cambozola cheese
Easy steps to make Roasted Grape Crostini Recipe
- clean the grapes, removing the stems.
- toss the grapes with olive oil and roast in the oven.
- spread a crostini with cheese
- top with a roasted grape
- add a drizzle of honey and a pinch of sea salt to each crostini
Simple to make and simply delicious!
What made these appetizers even easier is I took a shortcut and served them on my favorite crackers – easy and delicious! Look for thinly sliced crunchy baked crackers – delish!
If you’re new to the Instant Pot, be sure and grab my free cheatsheet now!
Another yummy option is topping the crostini with chopped nuts like this recipe over at Feast not Fast – Crostini with Roasted Grapes, Goat Cheese and Pecans. Or Wonky Wonderful has another yummy version using ricotta cheese – Crostini with Fresh Ricotta and Roasted Grapes.
Great with a glass of wine, these little appetizers are rich and savory. Great for parties and get togethers – perfect for a beautiful Mother’s Day Brunch – so simple, so little effort with such a big wow flavor factor!
More great appetizers from the blog to try!
Give these a try and I’d love to hear from you. Come back and leave a comment. I bet you’ll rate them five stars like I do!
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy.
A couple of items you might find helpful if you make this super yummy appetizer!
Roasted Grape Crostini Recipe
Roasted Grape Crostini Recipe
- A creamy blue cheese or Cambazola is best for this recipe
- Crackers or crostini
- 15-20 grapes
- Sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Remove the cheese from the fridge and allow to come to room temperature.
- Remove the stems from the grapes, wash well. Place the grapes in a heavy skillet (cast iron works great here), drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the grapes are caramelized.
- Assemble the crostini with a smear of cheese, top with a roasted grape, drizzle of honey and pinch of sea salt. Perfection!
Sign up for emails here!Don't worry, we don't share emails!
Looking for more recipes for fabulous finger food? Here are a few of my favorites from the blog –
The easiest and BEST stuffed mushrooms – golden brown and savory these baked stuffed mushrooms are a savory bite!
Homemade pot stickers – another savory bite with just a hint of sweet from the hoisin and heat from chili sauce with crunch from the water chestnuts, mmmm!
Three ingredient baked brie – trust me on this one, you’re gonna want to stand there with a spoon and enjoy this sweet cheesy bite!