Are you ready for a creamy, tangy onion dip recipe? Then this recipe is for you! Onions three ways, sweet onion, green onions and dried onion flakes all combine with yogurt in this healthy homemade onion dip. The yogurt gives it tang and a bite from Sriracha in this quick and easy recipe!
This post is sponsored by Boulder Canyon in collaboration with Blog Meets Brand. As always, the opinions are my own! #ad #bouldercanyon #snackboulder
One of Dan’s favorite part of my job is being the official taste tester! It’s a tough job right?
All joking aside he gives me great feedback on the flavors I create. Together we get the chance to try new products and share our opinions with you!
I love that part of my job!
We are always looking for tasty snacks. I pack Dan’s lunch daily and am always looking for tasty options to keep meals interesting.
Sandwiches are a given. Dan is on the go and during the summertime spends lots of time driving up to high country. Sandwiches are easy to eat on the road.
Fruit and chips are also perfect for a quick and easy lunch.
And a great dip is always a great way to add some tasty flavor to your favorite snack!
Shopping list for Onion Dip Recipe
- greek yogurt
- sweet onion
- green onions
- dried onion flakes
Grab a chip and dive in – you know you want to!
Good news is, this dip is even better if you make it ahead. Let it sit and get all happy after you make in the fridge for an hour or two.
It just keeps getting better!
You can’t argue that, right?
Now let’s talk about these tasty dippers from Boulder Canyon!
These better-for-you chips are cooked in unique cooking oils, like avocado, coconut, rice bran and olive oil. Dan and I gave them the crunch test and agreed they were light and tasty, not greasy at all!
No trans fats, Kosher and gluten-free, these are a great option and a better choice than ordinary chips.
- Buffalo Ranch –
- Sweet Vinegar
- Sweet Chipotle
- Seasalt – both kettle cooked and canyon cut
You choose your favorite! Here’s our opinion – the sea salt canyon cut compliments a dip well, it’s got great crunch and holds up well to a big dollop of dip!
Having said that…
Buffalo Ranch, Sweet Vinegar and Sweet Chipotle have BIG flavors! And that’s just what I’m looking for in a chip.
Sweet Vinegar – I would have never put those two flavors together, but sweet + vinegar is a magical combination! The Sweet Vinegar is my personal favorite.
These chips are a must try and one more thing? Boulder Canyon is having a great giveaway on their Facebook page. Be sure to click and head that way to enter their giveaway!
How do you make Onion Dip Recipe?
- Combine the yogurt and mayonnaise in a small bowl.
- Finely grate the sweet onion.
- Thinly slice the green onions, both the white and green. Reserve a teaspoon of the green onion for garnish.
- Combine the ingredients for the dip and refrigerate for at least an hour prior to serving.
- Serve with your favorite dippers!
This will give you just over a cup of dip. Adjust amounts needed depending upon the size of your event or party!
Good news? This will keep in the fridge for 2-4 days so if you’re thinking about making this in advance? This will be the perfect recipe!
Better news? The core of this dip is yogurt making it pretty much guilt free! Dip and enjoy!
More easy dips to enjoy for a party? check these out!
- Hot Cheesy Onion Dip – Wonky Wonderful – melted cheese and caramelized onions, WOW!!
- Blue Cheese Dip – Bowl Me Over – another guilt free yogurt base, this dip is cheesy and wonderful!
- Chimichurri Sauce Recipe – Restless Chipotle – this dip is big on flavor and good on just about everything!
- Slather leftover onion dip on a tomato sandwich, it’s a perfect combination!
- Fried onion rings or a big pile of french fries, dunk them right in this dip – delicious!
- Mix with your favorite pasta for a light lunch – all that flavor, enjoy!
Onion Dip Recipe
Onion Dip Recipe
Creamy tangy onion dip with onions three ways: sweet onion, green onions and dried onion flakes combine with yogurt in this healthy delicious onion dip recipe. The yogurt gives it tang with a bite from Sriracha in this quick and easy recipe!
- 3/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonaise
- 1 tsp dried onion flakes
- 1 tbsp sweet onion grated
- 2 green onions thinly sliced, green and whites
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Sriracha sauce
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- Dippers - chips, carrots, cherry tomatoes, celery, breadsticks.
Add the yogurt and mayonnaise to a small bowl.
Grate the sweet onion, you only need a tablespoon.
Thinly slice the green onions, both the white and green. Reserve a teaspoon of the green to garnish.
Combine the ingredients for the dip and refrigerate for at least an hour prior to serving. The
Serve with your favorite dippers! Carrots, celery, snow peas, breadsticks, even onions rings. Enjoy!