Love a great dip? One that’s easy to make, with ingredients you have on hand? Then this creamy, tangy green onion dip recipe is for you! Onions three ways – sweet onions, green onions, and dried onion flakes make for delicious oniony goodness combined with yogurt. This tasty homemade appetizer is ready in a snap with this quick and easy recipe!
Green Onion Dip Recipe
This post is sponsored by Boulder Canyon in collaboration with Blog Meets Brand. As always, the opinions are my own! #ad #bouldercanyon #snackboulder
One of Dan’s favorite part of my job is being the official taste tester! It’s a tough job right? Today is all about chips and dips! Some of his favorites are Easy Quesadilla Dip and Citrus Ponzu Dip with Pot Stickers!
All joking aside he gives me great feedback on the flavors I create. Together we get the chance to try new products and share our opinions with you!
I love that part of my job!
We are always looking for tasty snacks. I pack Dan’s lunch daily and am always looking for tasty options to keep meals interesting.
Sandwiches are a given. Dan is on the go and during the summertime spends lots of time driving in the Sierras. Sandwiches are easy to eat on the road.
And a great dip is an easy way to add some tasty flavor to your favorite snack!
Shopping list for Green Onion Dip Recipe
- greek yogurt
- sweet onion
- green onions
- dried onion flakes
Grab a chip and dive in – you know you want to!
Onion Dip Recipe
Good news is, this dip is even better if you make it ahead. Let it sit and get all happy after you make in the fridge for an hour or two.
It just keeps getting better!
You can’t argue that, right?
Now let’s talk about these tasty dippers from Boulder Canyon!
These better-for-you chips are cooked in unique cooking oils, like avocado, coconut, rice bran and olive oil. Dan and I gave them the crunch test and agreed they were light and tasty, not greasy at all!
No trans fats, Kosher and gluten-free, these are a great option and a better choice than ordinary chips.
- Buffalo Ranch –
- Sweet Vinegar
- Sweet Chipotle
- Seasalt – both kettle cooked and canyon cut
You choose your favorite! Here’s our opinion – the sea salt canyon cut compliments a dip well, it’s got great crunch and holds up well to a big dollop of dip!
Having said that…
Buffalo Ranch, Sweet Vinegar and Sweet Chipotle have BIG flavors! And that’s just what I’m looking for in a chip.
Sweet Vinegar – I would have never put those two flavors together, but sweet + vinegar is a magical combination! It’s my personal favorite, mmm!!
Boulder Canyon chips are a must try wouldn’t you agree?!!
How do you make Onion Dip Recipe?
- Combine the yogurt and mayonnaise in a small bowl.
- Finely grate the sweet onion.
- Thinly slice the green onions, both the white and green. Reserve a teaspoon of the green onion for garnish.
- Combine the ingredients for the dip and refrigerate for at least an hour prior to serving.
- Serve with your favorite dippers!
This will give you just over a cup of dip. Adjust amounts needed depending upon the size of your event or party!
Good news? It keeps in the fridge for 2-4 days so if you’re thinking about making this in advance? This will be the perfect recipe!
AND since the base is yogurt, it’s pretty much guilt free!
More easy dips to enjoy for a party? check these out!
- Roasted Salsa Verde – Fresh tomatillos, chilis and jalapenos roasted until charred and flavorful!
- Hot Cheesy Onion Dip – melted cheese and caramelized onions, WOW!!
- Blue Cheese Dip – this dip is cheesy and wonderful!
- Chimichurri Sauce Recipe – this dip is big on flavor and good on just about everything!
- Crack Dip – this one is highly addictive, consider yourself warned!
- Slather leftover onion dip on a tomato sandwich, it’s a perfect combination!
- Fried onion rings or a big pile of french fries, dunk them right in this dip – delicious!
- Mix with your favorite pasta for a light lunch – all that flavor, enjoy!
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- You’ll need a great knife for all of this slicing and dicing! Click here for the knives I use and recommend.
- Here’s an affordable set of cutting boards for the kitchen.
If you post a photo, please tag me! I’d love to see your pictures! You can tag me with #bowlmeover or if you’re on Instagram use @bowl_me_over I can’t wait to see how yummy this turned out for you!
Onion Dip Recipe
- 3/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonaise
- 1 tsp dried onion flakes
- 1 tbsp sweet onion grated
- 2 green onions thinly sliced, green and whites
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Sriracha sauce
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- Dippers – chips, carrots, cherry tomatoes, celery, breadsticks.
- Add the yogurt and mayonnaise to a small bowl.
- Grate the sweet onion, you only need a tablespoon.
- Thinly slice the green onions, both the white and green. Reserve a teaspoon of the green to garnish.
- Combine the ingredients for the dip and refrigerate for at least an hour prior to serving. The
- Serve with your favorite dippers! Carrots, celery, snow peas, breadsticks, even onions rings. Enjoy!